Sugar Shackin' it in Snowy Southern Vermont

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
wanderingjew
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 7686
Re:Sugar Shackin' it in Snowy Southern Vermont 2010/11/11 16:52:05 (permalink)
buffetbuster

Oh, that maple cream pie looks wonderful.  It has been years since I have had anything like it.  I don't usually plan a trip to New England during the cold weather months, but that pie might force me to make an exception!

Excellent report WJ.  What could possibly be more New England than a sugar house?  But, didn't your time in Pittsburgh convince you that you should have gone with kielbasa on your poutine?

Buffetbuster

I have a feeling that pie may find itself on a top 10 list. 

When I first visited Chez Vachon about 8 or 9 years ago, I went with the steak tips and haven't been able to get past them since. 

By the way-on an aside I'm still waiting for Pamela's in Pittsburgh to start serving fries and colelsaw on their pancakes " />

Of course let me know if you make it to Vermont this winter!
harriet1954
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1154
Re:Sugar Shackin' it in Snowy Southern Vermont 2010/11/22 13:45:52 (permalink)
I thoroughly enjoyed this trip report, WJ. In fact, one day when my manager was out, I showed all the photos on this (which are VERY nicely taken) to a colleague whose son lives in Burlington, VT, just to see if she knew any of the places. The only place she has been to is Chez Vachon, and she liked it very much. I would definitely do this same trip; you made it look so appealing! Snow and all!
crew84row
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 174
Re:Sugar Shackin' it in Snowy Southern Vermont 2010/11/22 22:05:57 (permalink)
Wow nice report WJ....Sparked old memories for me.  I had a long interesting breakfast at Eaton's way back in 1972 with soon-to-be-leaving students at what was then Royalton College (now defunct I believe).  While I don't recall the food, the talk over breakfast spurred me in a different direction in my search for a college to attend.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1