The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

 Summertime Chicken

Author Message
Michael Stern

Summertime Chicken Mon, 12/20/04 9:15 AM (permalink)
Just to try the new Forum feature of uploading pictures directly, I'm posting this picture of Cornell chicken on the grill on a hot day in August. (It's 8 degrees outside right now!)

 
#1
    jellybear

    • Total Posts: 1135
    • Joined: 10/15/2003
    • Location: surf city, NC
    RE: Summertime Chicken Mon, 12/20/04 9:16 AM (permalink)
    Now thats Chicken DONE right!
     
    #2
      tiki

      • Total Posts: 4135
      • Joined: 7/7/2003
      • Location: Rentiesville, OK
      RE: Summertime Chicken Mon, 12/20/04 9:26 AM (permalink)
      Drool drool!
       
      #3
        tiki

        • Total Posts: 4135
        • Joined: 7/7/2003
        • Location: Rentiesville, OK
        RE: Summertime Chicken Mon, 12/20/04 9:30 AM (permalink)
        BTW----how do i upload pics to the forum now---can we all do it direct or do we still need to have them hosted somewhere first?
         
        #4
          chezkatie

          • Total Posts: 1329
          • Joined: 6/24/2001
          • Location: Baltimore and Florida,
          RE: Summertime Chicken Mon, 12/20/04 9:35 AM (permalink)
          Boy...........does that ever bring back memories of central New York....this is what we called (incorrectly) a chicken barbeque. No matter what it is called, it is good eating!!
           
          #5
            Michael Stern

            RE: Summertime Chicken Mon, 12/20/04 11:10 AM (permalink)
            quote:
            Originally posted by tiki

            BTW----how do i upload pics to the forum now---can we all do it direct or do we still need to have them hosted somewhere first?


            Look at the top of the forums page. At the far right is "Upload photos." Upload your photos direct to roadfood.com and you will get a url for the picture ready to paste into a post.
             
            #6
              Lone Star

              • Total Posts: 1730
              • Joined: 5/22/2003
              • Location: Houston, TX
              RE: Summertime Chicken Mon, 12/20/04 4:18 PM (permalink)
              We are planning on a chicken barbeque dinner for our FFA fundraiser in April. Sadly, I have been appointed to co-chair. At our next meeting, I am going to lobby for doing the chickens in the "Cornell manner" after learning all about them from y'all. It seems a good way to do massive amounts of chicken in a consistent manner, and it MUST be good from the descriptions.

              Now, how successful do you think I am going to be convincing a bunch of BBQ proud Texas guys to cook chicken like they do in NY? I don't know, but I am going to try.
               
              #7
                lleechef

                • Total Posts: 6200
                • Joined: 3/22/2003
                • Location: Gahanna, OH
                RE: Summertime Chicken Mon, 12/20/04 4:25 PM (permalink)
                Darlin' Lone Star, you put on the big hair and the JOOOOLERY and those BBQ proud Tex-as guys will be eatin' outta your hand!
                 
                #8
                  TJ Jackson

                  • Total Posts: 4480
                  • Joined: 7/26/2003
                  • Location: Cincinnati, OH
                  RE: Summertime Chicken Mon, 12/20/04 4:29 PM (permalink)
                  Hmm, mostly just pics of animals have been uploaded thus far





                   
                  #9
                    Lone Star

                    • Total Posts: 1730
                    • Joined: 5/22/2003
                    • Location: Houston, TX
                    RE: Summertime Chicken Mon, 12/20/04 4:41 PM (permalink)
                    quote:
                    Originally posted by lleechef

                    Darlin' Lone Star, you put on the big hair and the JOOOOLERY and those BBQ proud Tex-as guys will be eatin' outta your hand!


                    I think the joools might frighten the pigs and cows. The hair I can manage! I think I will make some and take it to the meeting so they can sample...
                     
                    #10
                      chezkatie

                      • Total Posts: 1329
                      • Joined: 6/24/2001
                      • Location: Baltimore and Florida,
                      RE: Summertime Chicken Mon, 12/20/04 4:49 PM (permalink)
                      quote:
                      Originally posted by Lone Star

                      We are planning on a chicken barbeque dinner for our FFA fundraiser in April. Sadly, I have been appointed to co-chair. At our next meeting, I am going to lobby for doing the chickens in the "Cornell manner" after learning all about them from y'all. It seems a good way to do massive amounts of chicken in a consistent manner, and it MUST be good from the descriptions.

                      Now, how successful do you think I am going to be convincing a bunch of BBQ proud Texas guys to cook chicken like they do in NY? I don't know, but I am going to try.


                      Just tell the good ole boys that you want to try a "New York in Texas style barbeque." for something different. They will roll their eyes in delight when they eat it and will name you "Chicken Queen of Texas"!
                       
                      #11
                        Lone Star

                        • Total Posts: 1730
                        • Joined: 5/22/2003
                        • Location: Houston, TX
                        RE: Summertime Chicken Mon, 12/20/04 4:51 PM (permalink)
                        What a sweet puppy!

                        One of the big money raises we will have is Cow Pattie Bingo. We will chalk off one of the pastures into a grid with a chalker and sell squares. Some of the local businesses will spend a lot on this. Then we turn a heifer loose and where she "bingos" is the winner!
                         
                        #12
                          lleechef

                          • Total Posts: 6200
                          • Joined: 3/22/2003
                          • Location: Gahanna, OH
                          RE: Summertime Chicken Mon, 12/20/04 4:52 PM (permalink)
                          Lawdy,Lone Star, don't frighten those critters! Just whip up some of that chicken, fix your hair and go to the meeting and leave the JOOOOOLERY at home!
                           
                          #13
                            chezkatie

                            • Total Posts: 1329
                            • Joined: 6/24/2001
                            • Location: Baltimore and Florida,
                            RE: Summertime Chicken Mon, 12/20/04 5:20 PM (permalink)
                            quote:
                            Originally posted by lleechef

                            Lawdy,Lone Star, don't frighten those critters! Just whip up some of that chicken, fix your hair and go to the meeting and leave the JOOOOOLERY at home!


                            Great advice............and borrow Redtresses's paddle to beat off all those Texans that will want you to be their chef after tasting that chicken!
                             
                            #14
                              tiki

                              • Total Posts: 4135
                              • Joined: 7/7/2003
                              • Location: Rentiesville, OK
                              RE: Summertime Chicken Mon, 12/20/04 5:25 PM (permalink)
                              Just feed em the chicken and DONT TELL EM ITS NEW YORK STYLE! Their all Texans and will just assume since its so good it MUST be from Texas!
                               
                              #15
                                Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

                                Jump to:

                                Current active users

                                There are 0 members and 1 guests.

                                Icon Legend and Permission

                                • New Messages
                                • No New Messages
                                • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                • Locked w/ New Messages
                                • Locked w/o New Messages
                                • Read Message
                                • Post New Thread
                                • Reply to message
                                • Post New Poll
                                • Submit Vote
                                • Post reward post
                                • Delete my own posts
                                • Delete my own threads
                                • Rate post

                                2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com