Sunday Lunch at The Rookery

Author
ScreamingChicken
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5143
2010/08/15 14:06:08 (permalink)

Sunday Lunch at The Rookery

A little east of Cable, WI is The Rookery, which emphasizes the use of sustainable and locally produced ingredients.  It's been open for about 3 years now and last month we finally worked a visit into our vacation plans.

Hopefully the menu is readable but in case it isn't I guarantee that it doesn't list your typical bar food.

We split a bowl of chicken soup as a starter; I claimed the chicken and wild rice while Kathy took care of the carrots, zucchini, and any other fresh-but-still-icky vegetables that might've been lurking in the broth.  It was quite flavorful and the only reason I added salt and pepper was to please my own palate.

I was still recovering from the night before so I played it safe with a panini with chicken, fresh mushrooms, and Swiss cheese.  It was very good but there was just a little bit too much mustard, which slightly overpowered the rest of the ingredients.  I hope the kitchen wasn't offended that I noted it on the comment card.  The chips are an organic brand called "Terra Chips" that contain different flavors like sweet potato, vegetable etc. and are quite good.

Kathy chose the smoked trout wrap and found it to be quite good.  Like the panini it was a larger portion than we had expected so we took half of it with us and let the kids fight over it later.

We've never been there for dinner but based on the menu we'd definitely like to do so some year.

Brad
post edited by Brad_Olson - 2010/08/15 14:11:11

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1