"Sundries" etc on cart.

Author
jcheese
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 761
2012/11/01 19:42:09 (permalink)

"Sundries" etc on cart.

I've been to many events or festivals where I could use an ant-acid or aspirin or sun screen.
Anyone know if someone sells a "package" Has it all in one easy package? Don't know how to google it.
Sure, I can put it together myself, just checking.
OMFG, I see RJT's head reeling! Getting new ideas....
OK, breath mints, tampons, condoms, guitar picks, B vitamins for hangovers.
I'm sure others have other ideas.
post edited by jcheese - 2012/11/01 19:43:31

9 Replies Related Threads

BpCBlake
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 439
    Re:"Sundries" etc on cart. 2012/11/01 21:59:44 (permalink)
    depends what your health dept will let you sell on it and how much room you have. I have seen on carts, hats, sunglasses, jewelery. and stuff
    If I had the room, I would sell whatever would go with my food. breath mints, antacids, and things like this.
    RJT
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 400
    Re:"Sundries" etc on cart. 2012/11/01 23:03:37 (permalink)
    "OMFG, I see RJT's head reeling! Getting new ideas...."

I think I will stick to the basic food type items (hot dogs, sausages, lemonade, pretzels, nachos, drinks, etc) but thanks for including me in your post. (I think anway)
    YOAman
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 50
    Re:"Sundries" etc on cart. 2012/11/02 10:48:38 (permalink)
    I was at an event over the summer and a guy in a food truck was offering Asprin and tylanol in the little single's. He was told  ( and im not sure by who) that he had to have a pharmaceutical license to sell those and they made him remove them. So not even sure if thats legal for you to sell
    Ice Cream Man
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1370
    Re:"Sundries" etc on cart. 2012/11/02 10:56:05 (permalink)
    Antacids might send the wrong message.
    BpCBlake
    Cheeseburger
    Re:"Sundries" etc on cart. 2012/11/02 11:56:55 (permalink)
    How about breath mints?

FriedTater
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 415
    Re:"Sundries" etc on cart. 2012/11/02 12:08:44 (permalink)
    Tampons and condoms?
    BpCBlake
    Cheeseburger
    Re:"Sundries" etc on cart. 2012/11/02 15:14:10 (permalink)
    tabacco and beer?

brickboo
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 330
    Re:"Sundries" etc on cart. 2012/11/04 09:45:46 (permalink)
    I will do “Little League Sports” next year. I will try wearing and selling Fedoras, Baseball Caps, Sunglasses whatever makes me $.

I've ordered some cheap wallets. I will place a redeemable coupon for a free hot dog inside of it. I will throw them around the sports park.

I just started Walgreen's parking lot last Monday. For me, I think I did great this week. As soon as I receive the wallets, I will throw them around downtown a couple of blocks from Walgreen with the same coupon.

The lucky person will be sure to brag to someone, maybe several people about their good fortune. This is cheaper advertisement and much better than the newspaper ads. Don't ya think?

This isn't my idea. It came from one of the Hot Dog Guru's books. The book and CD's came with my used cart that I bought in August. I can't wait to try all of this stuff. I'm confident now that I can sling a dog with a heated bun. Lots of ideas that I will try. If I had a Mom and Pop store I'd try to sell anything I could fit in it to sell. Why not?

Here's something I haven't read anywhere yet. Of course I haven't read everything and probably never will, right?

For heating buns I have a spray bottle of water that I spray lightly on a bun and wrap it up in foil wrappers. I put a half dozen or so in my BBQ grill up at the top on the side where the burner is turned off. I also put a few in my steam pan on top of the dogs sprayed with water and wrapped in foil also. I can do this during the times I'm not busy. It's necessary now because of the cooler weather.

I like the foil best because it keeps the dogs warmer if a customer is carrying it back to the car. I can also use the foil for putting onions in a tiny bit of oil on the BBQ grill for the grilling onion aroma. 

SDJunkMan
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 21
    Re:"Sundries" etc on cart. 2012/11/05 10:37:05 (permalink)
    I used to get a "Remedy Board" that had single serve packets of asprin, antacid, etc.  mounted on a cardboard display, which I put next to the register at my booth at the Sturgis Bike Rally.  I think I got them at Sams club, but might have got them from the local candy/cigarrette suplier. 
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1