Super Day in Baltimore

Author
Greymo
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3727
2010/05/23 17:38:15 (permalink)

Super Day in Baltimore

Great Food Day in Baltimore

Spent a good part of the morning at Lexington Market, just enjoing walking around  and  listening to the music.  It was hard for me to decide what I should eat.  Finally  chose to have  huge  oysters from Faidleys.  I ordred  six  of the prime oysters and they were absolutely wonderful.  The  oysters with some saltine crackers, made for a wonderful  light lunch.

My son had given my daughter in law and me  a great Mother's Day Gift.  It  was tickets to hear  "An Evening With Anthony Bourdain and  Eric Ripert, the head chef at Le Bernadin in New York City.. He also gave us tickets for the  "Baltimore Foodie Experience "   right after the show  there at the  Hippodrome  Theater.

The show did not begin until  8 PM  so  Jill and I  went  to  10  Brasserie South  for  a drink and something to eat before the show.Klux Upscale Night Club / Brasserie 10 South Restaurant / Baltimore MD  We had planned on a glass of wine and an appetizer but when we saw that an entree en                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   clued  a glass of wine, decide on that.  Jill had  lamb chops  with  green beans and  mashed potatoes.  I  selected  the  waffle and fried  chicken.  I  have seen thin mentioned on Road food  but  never had seen it on a menu  .  I just had to try it.  It was terrific.  The waffle  was light and fluffy  and the chicken  was  fried  beautifully.

We then left for the theater and enjoyed a wonderful show filled with  laughs...............a really good time.  After the show  the  people  who  had  purchased   the  "goodie experience"  enjoyed  a  wonderful sampling of food from  over 25 restaurants.  Each restaurant  had  its own tables  and  a staff to serve the people.   We could not begin to  try everything  but  really                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            had the fun  and enjoyed the food that  we did  have.  It  was  a great  evening.                                                                                                                                                                     

1 Reply Related Threads

Nancypalooza
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3778
    Re:Super Day in Baltimore 2010/05/23 18:17:09 (permalink)
    That sounds awesome!  What a great mother's day present!
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1