The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Super Duper Weenie to be on Diner's, Drive Ins, and Dives

John Fox

• Total Posts: 2313
Super Duper Weenie to be on Diner's, Drive Ins, and Dives Sun, 03/15/09 8:20 PM (permalink)

Super Duper Weenie, a poular hot dog joint in Connecticut (and one of my 3 favorite in that state) will be featured on Guy Fieri's Diner's Drive Ins, and Dives tommorow night (Monday) at 10:00 Eastern Time on the Food Network.

PopsDogHouse

Re:Super Duper Weenie to be on Diner's, Drive Ins, and Dives Mon, 03/16/09 8:11 AM (permalink)
    Thanks for the heads up John.  I just set the DVR.

TnTinCT

Re:Super Duper Weenie to be on Diner's, Drive Ins, and Dives Mon, 03/16/09 9:46 AM (permalink)
      ditto for me - thank goodness for the DVR!  Appreciate the head's up.

ScreenBear

• Total Posts: 1503
        Re:Super Duper Weenie to be on Diner's, Drive Ins, and Dives Mon, 03/16/09 10:19 PM (permalink)
        Saw the show. Wanna go.

The Bear

HDtravlr1

Re:Super Duper Weenie to be on Diner's, Drive Ins, and Dives Mon, 03/16/09 11:02 PM (permalink)
          Thanks for the tip John. It looked very good! Wish I was closer.

Twinwillow

• Total Posts: 4896
            Re:Super Duper Weenie to be on Diner's, Drive Ins, and Dives Mon, 03/16/09 11:27 PM (permalink)
            Great looking dive with my kinda food.

John Fox

• Total Posts: 2313
              Re:Super Duper Weenie to be on Diner's, Drive Ins, and Dives Tue, 03/17/09 6:09 AM (permalink)
              Taped the show; didn't get to see it yet.

MiamiDon

Re:Super Duper Weenie to be on Diner's, Drive Ins, and Dives Tue, 03/17/09 7:57 AM (permalink)
                FYI:

http://www.superduperweenie.com/

<message edited by MiamiDon on Tue, 03/17/09 3:57 PM>

seatown76

• Total Posts: 379
                  Re:Super Duper Weenie to be on Diner's, Drive Ins, and Dives Tue, 03/17/09 8:55 AM (permalink)
                  link doesn't work for me Don.

Tony Bad

Re:Super Duper Weenie to be on Diner's, Drive Ins, and Dives Tue, 03/17/09 9:03 AM (permalink)

djtomatoe

• Total Posts: 197
                      Re:Super Duper Weenie to be on Diner's, Drive Ins, and Dives Tue, 03/17/09 9:37 PM (permalink)
                      it was fun to see the show and all the good tasty dogs!!!!

TnTinCT

Re:Super Duper Weenie to be on Diner's, Drive Ins, and Dives Wed, 03/18/09 7:07 AM (permalink)
                        Finally watched it off the DVR last night - I really enjoy seeing these places that make 90% of the food they serve; their own relishes, toppings, etc.  Speaks a lot to the personal pride and ownership they take in their business and serving quality food to their customers.  Why WOULDN'T you patronize a place like this over fast food, any day of the week???

jonsull

• Total Posts: 20
                          Re:Super Duper Weenie to be on Diner's, Drive Ins, and Dives Mon, 03/23/09 10:56 AM (permalink)
                          I had to go down to the New Haven area for an errand last Saturday afternoon so I was able to make the trip to SDW.  It was about 2pm and there was a line out the door.  It took me only about 15 minutes to get my order placed though as the line moved pretty quickly.  I had a New Englander which had sauerkraut, bacon, sweet relish and raw onion and a California dog which had chili, onion, cheese and hot relish plus a small fries.

I would have probably been better off ordering them my usual way which is kraut and chili as I sometimes think the raw onions are too overpowering (and they were to me).  That would have been a better way for me to make a good comparison.

I really enjoyed them but I had a few small issues which stopped them from being perfect to me.  I don'y like that even though I was eating there they still wrap the dogs as if to go.  Wrapping them in paper just to carry them to my seat  makes the dogs too mushy and mixes the items together too much.  I also think that the amount of toppings  on their specialty dogs has a tendency to hide the taste and snap of the dog itself.  The dogs seemed to be a little lost in the sauce as it were. 

However it was definitely worth making the detour and i will be making a return trip in the near future!!!!!

DPuro329

• Total Posts: 406
                            Re:Super Duper Weenie to be on Diner's, Drive Ins, and Dives Mon, 03/23/09 11:46 PM (permalink)
                            I just watched the episode off the DVR and I too will have to make a trek north to SDW.

Dave

Food_Fan

• Total Posts: 139
                              Re:Super Duper Weenie to be on Diner's, Drive Ins, and Dives Tue, 03/24/09 4:45 PM (permalink)
                              For anyone who missed this show here’s the 6:35 min. segment. Those are some wild dogs!

Super Duper Weenie Fairfield, CT on Diners, Drive-ins & Dives

Do any of the CT hot dog lovers know what the name of the hot dog place in Stepney of Upper Stepney on Rt. 25 is/was?? They put the finished dog onto a paper cradle and slid it into a long single hot dog bag. It was foil covered and then they switched to plain paper. Any ideas??
                              <message edited by Food_Fan on Tue, 03/24/09 4:47 PM>

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                • No New Messages
                                • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                • Locked w/ New Messages
                                • Locked w/o New Messages
                                • Read Message
                                • Post New Thread
                                • Reply to message
                                • Post New Poll
                                • Submit Vote
                                • Post reward post
                                • Delete my own posts
                                • Delete my own threads
                                • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com