Superbowl in Detroit...

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 18255
RE: Superbowl in Detroit... 2006/01/26 19:47:36 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by felix4067

quote:
Originally posted by Michael Hoffman
There must not be any rioting looting or fires there then. Has Michigan actually beaten OSU?

Quite a few times, actually!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michigan-Ohio_State_Rivalry

Just once in the past four years in football.
tkitna
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 622
RE: Superbowl in Detroit... 2006/01/28 05:41:27 (permalink)
If there is a man up above, he will grant me this one small favor! 30 years of suffering is to much.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!
saps
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1560
RE: Superbowl in Detroit... 2006/01/28 10:19:41 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by tkitna

If there is a man up above, he will grant me this one small favor! 30 years of suffering is to much.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I have no sympathy for your long "wait". I'm a Cubs fan.
shortchef
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 624
RE: Superbowl in Detroit... 2006/01/28 10:51:41 (permalink)
Yesterday 30,000 people were in Heinz Stadium for a Steelers rally. Can any of your teams top that? I'm waving my Terrible Towel as I write this. GO STEELERS!!!
Beer&Snausages
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 418
RE: Superbowl in Detroit... 2006/01/28 19:08:49 (permalink)
Shortchef,
Big Ben will make Pittsburgh fans quickly forget their hatred for Neil O'Donnell and his tossing of the pigskin right to a Dallas cornerback as if it was one of his own receivers in SuperBowl XXX (along with his other two interceptions).

Besides everyone knows the Steelers can't win the big one with Cowher coaching them.

(This from a Ravens fan, who, will wonders never cease beat the Steelers this year and if we could do it........!

This utter disgust for the Steelers comes from living with and suffering 4 looooong years rooming in college with a loud overly obnoxious Feelers fan. And yes in my beer induced college haze I invited him to actually participate in my wedding. " />

What one more for the thumb? I guess their still waiting on that dream. LOL!

Terrible Towel? We used to use his towel to clean up after beer parties, the yellow of the towel nicely hid the beer stains.
Beer&Snausages
Cheeseburger
RE: Superbowl in Detroit... 2006/01/28 19:21:01 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by shortchef

Yesterday 30,000 people were in Heinz Stadium for a Steelers rally. Can any of your teams top that? I'm waving my Terrible Towel as I write this. GO STEELERS!!!

Probably lured them in with a promise that they were giving away a sixpack of IC!
ScreenBear
  • Total Posts : 1505
RE: Superbowl in Detroit... 2006/01/28 21:11:23 (permalink)
If any city sincerely loves its sports and its teams in a non-hype, unpresumptuous way, it's Pittsburgh. It'd be nice. Go, Steelers!
MandalayVA
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 367
RE: Superbowl in Detroit... 2006/01/29 01:08:27 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Beer&Snausages

Besides everyone knows the Steelers can't win the big one with Cowher coaching them.

(This from a Ravens fan, who, will wonders never cease beat the Steelers this year and if we could do it........!

I was at that game, and the only reason the Ravens won is that Tommy Maddox was stinking up the joint as usual. It was a fun game though. And only in Baltimore will you get heckled by a homeless guy for wearing a Roethlisberger jersey.

I think Cowher's going to break the curse this year and get one for the thumb and let the Bus ride out in style. Also any Super Bowl not involving the Patriots is a good one as far as I'm concerned. GO STEELERS!!!
baughman
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 116
RE: Superbowl in Detroit... 2006/02/01 16:06:40 (permalink)
I must say being a BROWNS fan I hate that the Steelers or Broncos had a chance to make it. During that game I was rooting for a big case of gout. Or a bunch of injures that all tho not career ending( I dont wish that on anyone) would be enough to make it impossible for them to win the super bowl. Since I live in cinci now. it makes it even easier to root for seahawks since Alexander is from Northern Kentucky.
When Bettis droped that ball going into the endzone I had massive 80s flash backs to my own BROWNS playing the Broncos and almost made me root for the steelers. note the almost.

It blows the seahawks made it since thats now one more team on the list with the BROWNS who have made it to super bowl before them. It must be the name change from Championship game to Super bowl that has the BROWNS unable to get in. In the 40s thru early 60s they won a bunch of championships. Sadly being a Cleveland fan in general that also is the last time A pro team in Cleveland has won a championship.
Owell at least its the greatest day of the year! I get to gorge on hot dogs, wings and zza. Plus massive amounts of Warstiener Dunkel and the wife is right there with me instead of yellign at me about my diet hehe.
Bushie
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 2902
RE: Superbowl in Detroit... 2006/02/02 22:23:19 (permalink)
I have received a Terrible Towel from a beautiful woman who's an awesome chef with a great smile.

I'll be waving that during the game.

I've decided, after much thought and consideration of advice, to do my own thing and make a big pot of Italian Beef for my guests. It'll be a small group, but we'll be sharing my Terrible Towel the whole evening.

GO STEELERS!
Beer&Snausages
Cheeseburger
RE: Superbowl in Detroit... 2006/02/03 20:26:30 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Bushie

I have received a Terrible Towel from a beautiful woman who's an awesome chef with a great smile.

I'll be waving that during the game.

Bushie,
Just keep that towel handy. It'll do the trick to soak up those tears as the Steelers watch Seattle holding the trophy. Or even better yet, the yellow in the towel will allow you to hide the beer stains after you sop up the mess when your guests throw their beer at the TV as Big Ben tosses interception after interception
AndreaB
  • Total Posts : 1303
RE: Superbowl in Detroit... 2006/02/06 07:26:00 (permalink)
I got to do what every woman in the world LIVES to do --- watch the SUPERBOWL on TV !!! Actually, I do enjoy it. It's hilarious that the Stones had the under 45 rule --- as Mick displayed his 60 something belly button to us (which I have to say still looked quite good).
I wanted the SeaHawks to win, but hells bells that one receiver couldn't hold on to some right on target passes. I like the Ravens, and hope to one day see them get there.

Andrea
mr chips
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4724
RE: Superbowl in Detroit... 2006/02/06 07:38:47 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by mr chips

The Seahawks, as usual, get no respect or love. That will change Ferbruary 5th.
Or, maybe it won't.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1