Sweet Cheeks, Boylston Street, Boston MA

Author
karilyn
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 145
2012/01/05 20:06:02 (permalink)

Sweet Cheeks, Boylston Street, Boston MA

A group of us went to this late 2011 entry to the BBQ market in Boston.  Among the 5 of us I was able to sample the chicken pulled sandwich, chopped brisket sandwich and pulled pork sandwich.  I liked the chopped brisket the best - very good.  Meats are texas style, prepared dry.  Sauces are on the table.  I liked their house southern style sauce and North Carolina style vinegar sauces.  Sandwiches come on Texas toast or a bulkie - bulkie was better.  You can get cole slaw on the sandwiches but I wish I didn't.  It's not finely copped cole slaw but big pieces and they didn't have much sauce on them, more like just having vegetables plain on the sandwich.  We all had the mac n cheese on the side.  I liked it very much except for the ritz crackers crushed on top - I dumped the cup over to get them off.  We ordered their salt and pepper potatos as a side - more like crispy homefries but very good.  Nobody liked their dessert.  I thought the drinks were ridiculously expensive.  $4 for soda, $4.50 for ice tea - served in Mason jars.

2 Replies Related Threads

ScreamingChicken
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4978
    Re:Sweet Cheeks, Boylston Street, Boston MA 2012/01/06 10:51:01 (permalink)
    Is a bulkie some sort of roll or bun?  I've never heard the word before so I'm guessing it's local/regional.

Sounds like Sweet Cheeks is promising but with possible room for improvement.  Hopefully they'll get the bugs worked out before it's too late.

Brad
    wanderingjew
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7691
    Re:Sweet Cheeks, Boylston Street, Boston MA 2012/01/06 11:14:14 (permalink)
    ScreamingChicken

Is a bulkie some sort of roll or bun?  I've never heard the word before so I'm guessing it's local/regional.

Sounds like Sweet Cheeks is promising but with possible room for improvement.  Hopefully they'll get the bugs worked out before it's too late.

Brad

Yesl bulkie is a local "New England" term for a squareish  grinder or sub style roll.

The term "sweet cheeks" brings something else to mind other than BBQ
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1