Sweet Corn Tamale Cakes

Author
carlton pierre
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2500
2012/10/09 07:43:32 (permalink)

Sweet Corn Tamale Cakes

I had lunch at a local chain called The Chop House recently and tried a wonderful appetizer called Sweet Corn Tamale Cakes.   Corn mush/Polenta topped with salsa and a southwestern sauce and some sour cream.  I remarked "I'm going to try and duplicate that."  I looked online and discovered it's made "famous" by Cheesecake Factory" and the recipe was everywhere.  Anybody else like it enough to make yourself?

2 Replies Related Threads

HollyDolly
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1074
    Re:Sweet Corn Tamale Cakes 2012/10/22 12:21:15 (permalink)
    Never had it at the Cheese Cake Factory as I haven't eaten there  in years.The mexicans do make fresh corn tamales,wrapped in husks and steamed.I tried that once myself, and they were good. There was no filling as I didn't put any in.Forgot what kind of sauce I topped them with if any. You should be able to find recipes for fresh corn tamales on the internet.They are also known as :blind: tamales, because they don't have any filling.
    SantacruzTacoCo
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 78
    Re:Sweet Corn Tamale Cakes 2012/11/14 20:03:17 (permalink)
    Sweet corn tamales are usually a little softer and more flavorful than the regular tamales, they are made with young corn kernels and a little sugar, sometimes my granma used to put a stick of hard cheese in the middle to give it another dimension, so in the end you'll have sweet/starchy gooey/saltiness jumping all over the place, we used to eat them with Atole or hot Mexican Chocolate milk(made with real cacao) so they had them steam Christmas eve and since everyone was up(drinking)  someone will watch the pot and when everyone woke up in the morning we would devour them in no time.
    man, this brings back some memories
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1