The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Syracuse/Cortland/Ithaca -- New York

mickj

• Total Posts: 9
Syracuse/Cortland/Ithaca -- New York Fri, 09/26/03 4:54 PM (permalink)
I will be in Cortland, New York, for a conference next month and am looking for recommendations for roadfoody places to eat anywhere between and including the cities of Syracuse and Ithaca. I see there are a couple of places in Ithaca already reviewed on the site. I'll probably only be able to escape the conference for one lunch, one dinner, and one breakfast--and I want to make the most of those opportunities! What is "essential" for Roadfood lovers in the area? Thanks in advance!

chezkatie

• Total Posts: 1329
    RE: Syracuse/Cortland/Ithaca -- New York Fri, 09/26/03 7:43 PM (permalink)
    You must go to Dinosaur Barbecue in Syracuse.........you will love it. You will never meet waitresses like these again in your life and the food is fantastic! It is probably too far for you to go for breakfast but the best roadfood breakfasts in the world can be found at Wade's Diner in Oswego. There is always a line on the weekends and to sit at the counters and watch the grill cooks will be one of the great experiences of your life. Man, these guys work their tails down and have grill cooking down to a science. You can order anything on the menu and be assured it will rank up there with the best that you have ever had!! I sure wish I could go there tomorrow am and stand in line and chat with all the customers and then be seated and watch the waitresses in action!

bobo3039

• Total Posts: 25
      RE: Syracuse/Cortland/Ithaca -- New York Fri, 09/26/03 7:46 PM (permalink)
      The Dinosaur BBQ in Syracuse is really good. This link has directions:
      http://www.dinosaurbarbque.com/cuse.htm

bobo3039

• Total Posts: 25
        RE: Syracuse/Cortland/Ithaca -- New York Fri, 09/26/03 7:54 PM (permalink)
        Had to look to see if this place was still open--the pizzas at The Chariot in Ithaca are great (or at least they were when I was in college). It's at 420 Eddy St ("underground").

Doug's Fish Fry in Cortland is pretty good, too. It's at 206 West Rd.

ak203

• Total Posts: 7
          RE: Syracuse/Cortland/Ithaca -- New York Thu, 10/30/03 6:16 PM (permalink)
          High recommendation for the Glenville Pines about a ten minute drive out of Ithaca on the lake. It'slisted on the site. Nice view, charming room, excellent and reasonably priced real roadfood. Like it a lot.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
            • No New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
            • Locked w/ New Messages
            • Locked w/o New Messages
            • Read Message
            • Post New Thread
            • Reply to message
            • Post New Poll
            • Submit Vote
            • Post reward post
            • Delete my own posts
            • Delete my own threads
            • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
            What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com