TC Eggington's - Mesa Arizona

Author
desertdog
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1946
2007/01/26 18:04:39 (permalink)

TC Eggington's - Mesa Arizona

TC Eggingtons

Hit TC Eggington’s this morning for breakfast, one of my favorite spots in the Phoenix area. The service is always great, with lots of PERKY and attentive wait staff.

The menu is excellent, from fresh fruits and oatmeal, to omelets and frittatas, to pancakes and waffles, the generous portions always come out hot and fresh.

I am a traditionalist when it comes to breakfast, so it is hard for me to order anything out of the ordinary. But I am often tempted to try something from the omelet section, as they are not just your run of the mill “denver” or “western” style omletes.

For example, one of the tamer selections is their signature Eggington Omelete that has mushrooms, chicken, broccoli and cream cheese with a hollandaise sauce. In others you will find pears, havarti cheese and almonds or feta, artichoke, zucchini and tomato.

I have also tried the frittatas before and must say they hit the spot, but man are they filling.

The pancakes are wonderful, my favorite being the Apple Jack, made with apples and roasted pecans, then topped with brown sugar cinnamon. This comes with generous amounts of whipped honey butter and maple syrup.

Today I had the traditional over mediums and ham, while my friend had a made to order 3 egg omelete with ham and bacon. I know, pretty boring selections given the tremendous menu but hey, it was just that kind of morning!

Anyway, we both agreed that everything was up to standard, the only thing we both pointed out was that the home fries needed a little sumpthin.” Onions and peppers was the consensus. The English Muffins were quite tasty, esp. with the house made jam slathered on it. (Which, of course, I dunked into my yolks...)

I also had a glass of fresh squeezed OJ and some excellent freshly ground coffee, a pot of which they leave at the table along with plenty of fresh cream. The whole bill came up to about $30 for the two of us with tip, reasonable considering the level of service and quality of food.

If you are in the East Valley and are in need of some good breakfast (they also do a nice soup and sandwich for lunch) I highly recommend stopping in this bright, cheery, clean establishment.

Open every day for breakfast and lunch. Located just south of the US60 off Alma School.

1660 S Alma School Rd Suite 129
Mesa, AZ 85210
(480)345-9288

http://www.tcegg.com/

6 Replies Related Threads

Stevie Doug
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 8
    RE: TC Eggington's - Mesa Arizona 2007/02/13 15:25:07 (permalink)
    I totally agree! I've had breakfast at T.C's many times and have never had a bad meal or cranky server! The only reason I haven't been there of late is that everybody knows how good they are!

SD
    John A
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4295
    RE: TC Eggington's - Mesa Arizona 2007/02/15 17:39:17 (permalink)
    Like Yogi Berra said when someone suggested a place for dinner after a game "No one
    goes there anymore, it's too crowded."

John
    buffetbuster
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10474
    RE: TC Eggington's - Mesa Arizona 2007/02/19 18:51:58 (permalink)
    desertdog-
    Thanks for the tip about this restaurant. The photo of the omelet looks so good! I checked out the menu on the website and the dish that really caught my eye was the omelet with pear and Havarti cheese.

Next time I am in the Phoenix area, I will definitely pay this place a visit.
    desertdog
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1946
    RE: TC Eggington's - Mesa Arizona 2007/02/21 19:42:14 (permalink)
    Here are their Blueberry Pancakes

And their Apple Jack Pancakes

morningglory
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 559
    RE: TC Eggington's - Mesa Arizona 2007/02/28 01:30:08 (permalink)
    Great pics and post, as usual DB.

Oh, by the way, I love when you post pics of what you are fixin' for your next meal. They always are an inspiration. So you, and everyones else, keep them coming.
    tamandmik
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 949
    RE: TC Eggington's - Mesa Arizona 2007/02/28 09:50:20 (permalink)
    Going to be in Phoenix for 5 days in June. Will be going here for breakfast, definintely, based on your awesome pictures. Thanks for the tip.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1