TURKISH TAFFY

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
dasl_4
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 187
RE: TURKISH TAFFY 2006/04/30 16:23:27 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Fieldthistle

Hello All,
I can't remember the name, but I loved a taffy that was long (about a foot) and wide (5 or 6 inches) and very thin.
I loved the cherry flavour. Ahh, this thread has made me crave it.
Take Care,
Fieldthistle

They carry it at Cracker Barrel ... lots of flavors
Fieldthistle
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1948
RE: TURKISH TAFFY 2006/04/30 18:09:22 (permalink)
Hello All,
Thanks dasi_4, I will seek it out.
Take Care,
Fieldthistle
Twinwillow
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5092
RE: TURKISH TAFFY 2006/05/02 09:57:24 (permalink)
Anyone know what's happening with Bonomo's? I emailed their website last week about ordering but, haven't received a reply.
DavidEMartin
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 173
RE: TURKISH TAFFY 2006/06/01 00:22:35 (permalink)
About '66, Bonomo brought out bite-sized pieces in a mixed bag. Perfect for movies matinee! Or the back seat of a station wagon on a long trip. I may be hallucinating but seems to me that the bite-sized versions included flavors not in the normal full-sized bar selection, like molasses.

Bonomo also brought out small vanilla taffy spheres (about the size of a pea) coated in a chocolate shell. The box was trapezoidal in cross section!
kenwiesen
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 5
RE: TURKISH TAFFY 2006/10/15 22:43:16 (permalink)
Bonomo is Back! Your wait is almost over! Tell all your family and friends we are just around the corner to having BONOMO TURKISH TAFFY available again for retail and Internet sales. We have produced Bonomo on a limited production and now we are on the brink of full production. Our Internet site is only temporary and will be updated shortly: www.bonomosturkishtaffy.com.

Producing Bonomo exactly as it was is not as easy as it sounds. But it will be exactly the way it was made in the 60's with the Smack-it crack-it formula in all the original flavors. We are well aware of poor imitations that make erroneous comparison claims. This is not an imitation or a close approximation, this is the original!

There are certain things that brings back that love-in feeling. It takes us back to a by-gone day full of wonder and delight. For some of us its a place or a song. All that we can hope at BONOMO is that for many its the original smack-it crack-it formula of Bonomo Turkish Taffy!

It is my passion to be able to offer a trip down memory lane. Of course it helps when you have the greatest candy ever made!

Kenneth Wiesen
Co-CEO, Bonomo Turkish Taffy, LLC
Sandy Thruthegarden
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 624
RE: TURKISH TAFFY 2006/10/29 20:14:58 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by NYNM

UH OH BONOMO!!!

Didja notice how many comments are about BROOKLYN (NY) ?
I grew up there, too.

Is (was) Bonomo only an NYC treat? Have (had) there been citings outside of NYC?

We had it in Cincinnati. I loved the vanilla. I vaguely remember a graphic on the wrapper of two or three chubby guys in fezes stirring the contents of a large kettle. Does this sound familiar to anyone else?
Diner-Lover
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 246
RE: TURKISH TAFFY 2006/10/29 20:23:41 (permalink)
Sandy, this site has lots of photos of old packaging and I found this Bonomo's Turkish Taffy wrapper. It looks pretty much the way you described it!

http://theimaginaryworld.com/milkoo33.jpg

I loved Bonomo's and can't wait till it's back!
Sandy Thruthegarden
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 624
RE: TURKISH TAFFY 2006/11/04 08:38:05 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Diner-Lover

Sandy, this site has lots of photos of old packaging and I found this Bonomo's Turkish Taffy wrapper. It looks pretty much the way you described it!

http://theimaginaryworld.com/milkoo33.jpg

I loved Bonomo's and can't wait till it's back!

D-L,

Thanks for the link. Helps confirm that my memory isn't gone completely...although I don't know where the "chubby" came from. I'd love to have a bar of the vanilla, although I'm not sure my teeth are up to it anymore.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1