TV Informecial Products That Actually Work

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Author
Benzee
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1876
Re:TV Informecial Products That Actually Work 2010/08/21 22:18:16 (permalink)
Hello all ,

Funny I picked up the George Foreman grill  for like $3 or 4 bucks at a garge sale and the guy threw in the  Dick Butkus newspaper grill , remember that one where you put newspaper in this metal container and grilled dogs and burgers , that thing su**ed , what a joke but the George Foreman grill was cool for the price .

Also bought Ambervision sunglasses yrs ago , but at a lfea market for like $5 bucks , they wanted I think 19 or 29 for them on tV

Alsmost bought the Wok thing at Three in the morn one night but my senses prevailed

Benzee
felix4067
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3480
Re:TV Informecial Products That Actually Work 2010/08/22 02:18:47 (permalink)
I'm suddenly reminded of one of my favourite Steve Goodman songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnqtGjHJjs8

TrentonDog
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 736
Re:TV Informecial Products That Actually Work 2010/08/22 09:28:14 (permalink)
Isn't there a new "suck cut" device like the flowbee called the "robo cut" or something? I haven't seen a robocut infomercial lately, and didn't know they still made flowbees. A buddy of mine swears by the flowbee for trimming his dog.

6star
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4388
Re:TV Informecial Products That Actually Work 2010/08/22 12:32:48 (permalink)
TrentonDog

Isn't there a new "suck cut" device like the flowbee called the "robo cut" or something? I haven't seen a robocut infomercial lately, and didn't know they still made flowbees. A buddy of mine swears by the flowbee for trimming his dog.

Here you go:
http://www.asseenontv.com/prod-pages/robocut_haircut_ontv.html
DawnT
  • Total Posts : 1286
Re:TV Informecial Products That Actually Work 2010/08/22 16:52:26 (permalink)
There's a good one. Trimming a pet's hair with a vacuum cleaner attached device. That made me think of the As Seen On TV Christmas sensation a few years ago for the pet nail trimmer that used a motorized wheel being touted as the ideal Christmas present for pet owners. I'd love to have seen the emergency room logs that winter for bites. Short of pint of thorazine, there's no way you could have got near my parent's chows or our cats with something like that and not have sustained some sort of injury.
jman
  • Total Posts : 1338
Re:TV Informecial Products That Actually Work 2010/08/22 19:02:58 (permalink)
DawnT

There's a good one. Trimming a pet's hair with a vacuum cleaner attached device. That made me think of the As Seen On TV Christmas sensation a few years ago for the pet nail trimmer that used a motorized wheel being touted as the ideal Christmas present for pet owners. I'd love to have seen the emergency room logs that winter for bites. Short of pint of thorazine, there's no way you could have got near my parent's chows or our cats with something like that and not have sustained some sort of injury.

My wife suggested that we buy one of those.  I told her she better plan on using it for her toenails because I knew what would happen if we tried it on the dog.
felix4067
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3480
Re:TV Informecial Products That Actually Work 2010/08/22 23:57:13 (permalink)
My former boss had a wall-vac system (you know, where each room has a hose attachment, but the actual vacuum is in the garage or something).  THAT had a pet trimmer/brush attachment which I thought was brilliant!  But no...my cats would have clawed me to the bone had I tried something with the vacuum cleaner itself!
Foodbme
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10218
Re:TV Informecial Products That Actually Work 2010/08/23 06:15:12 (permalink)
I Think this one's fairly new. The Ninja Professional Food Blender. Has anyone bought one? Please Report! http://ninjablender.org/
6star
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4388
Re:TV Informecial Products That Actually Work 2010/08/23 11:27:04 (permalink)
Foodbme

I Think this one's fairly new. The Ninja Professional Food Blender. Has anyone bought one? Please Report! http://ninjablender.org/

I think you might get a pretty good idea of its reliability by reading the comments at the bottom of the website listed.  Nearly half of them are requests or comments about repair or replacement of parts that wore out.  With a relatively new item, this should not be happening already.  It sounds to me like it is not made to hold up well, so I would never buy one.
DawnT
Re:TV Informecial Products That Actually Work 2010/08/23 13:16:27 (permalink)
If you read the postings carefully, you'll see there is a pattern to the blade complaints. The blade shaft has a 6 point spline that sticks out of the chopper or the blender containers that fits into the power head. With an arrangement like that, there might be times that after the chopper bowl cover is on, they don't line up exactly. All it takes is a tiny turn with your fingers to get it to line up. Some folks like my beloved seem to think that's too much work and try to force the power head coupling down onto the splined shaft. Further complicating this is the power head only goes down one way with a huge index notch. No brainer, but for some reason not everybody pays attention to instructions or common sense. Hitting the pulse button without aligning the head will certainly shear off the splines on the end of the shaft. That's no fault of the unit, it's stupidity on part of the user. It's probably the reason that there are so many of these on the factory refurbished market. Otherwise it's build much heavier then most any seen on tv product. To those of you that never bothered to read my earlier posting #10 about this unit, it also sucks major time as drink maker, but excels elegantly as a food processor like no unit that I've ever owned including my 12 c Kitchen Aid. Clean-up of  of both units can bit a pain as some of the posters mentioned as bits get caught under the crevice in the lids. So what? Want to compare cleaning the Kitchen Aid bowl,cover,and chute to a few seconds with a kitchen sink brush on the lid? My KA is such a pain to use and clean it's sitting on top of my refrigerator with a cover. This thing rocks for the $28 I paid for it.
i95
  • Total Posts : 2500
Re:TV Informecial Products That Actually Work 2010/08/31 09:28:06 (permalink)

I know that poster Howard Baratz is a huge fan of this particular "as seen on TV" product.
post edited by i95 - 2010/08/31 14:16:53
TrentonDog
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 736
Re:TV Informecial Products That Actually Work 2010/08/31 10:55:48 (permalink)
jman

DawnT

My wife suggested that we buy one of those.  I told her she better plan on using it for her toenails because I knew what would happen if we tried it on the dog.

I was using a cordless dremel tool with a sanding drum to trim my dogs nails long before those pet nail trimmers came out. The dog didn't mind at all, I think she actually preferred it to the clippers. She also liked to be vacuumed. When she shed her winter coat, we would have to vacuum her once or twice a day. (she was a Shetland Sheepdog, lots of fur!) Whenever we pulled out the vaccum, she would roll over because she wanted us to vacuum her belly. My brother has cats that like their fur being vacuumed, but I don't know if cats would ever get used to the rotary nail sander..........

MilwFoodlovers
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3147
Re:TV Informecial Products That Actually Work 2010/08/31 12:17:09 (permalink)
I have an "EZ Reach" microfiber cleaning wand in the glove box of my car. Using plain water (a must I found out), it leaves my interior windshield spotless. My co-worker talked me into it and said it works great on her bathroom mirrors.
lostsheep
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 19
Re:TV Informecial Products That Actually Work 2011/01/04 03:13:29 (permalink)
When our toaster died, I bought the wife a Black & Decker Infrawave Oven to replace it. It is a wonderful appliance!
 We make toast, open-face cheese sammiches, & baked chicken breast is yummy from it. As are pork chops. It does a good job on left over muffins and biscuits wrapped in foil. Grilled veggies are good in it too. The wife wouldn't be without it. I'm thinking of putting one in the semi for me!
I also just bought a Foreman grill for the truck. I've used it to grill hotdogs, and make grilled cheese sammiches to go with my tomato soup. I'm still experimenting with it, but so far (from a trucker's use) it's already paid for itself by keeping me away from the truckstop fare.

BTW... I'm hoping to get a divorce from trucking (after over 25 years) and start a food  trailer. I'm envisioning  selling the local favorite Taylor's hot dogs and sausages, organic grass-fed bison dogs and sausages plus a few other things later. I'm thinking of converting an old tent trailer into a vending trailer, keeping the pop-up intact to provide shade. The city here doesn't allow street vending ( at least not for longer than an hour in any location or 3 days a month), so I'm going to try the event circuit. I hope to be ready by April!!
post edited by lostsheep - 2011/01/04 03:14:36
MellowRoast
  • Total Posts : 2009
Re:TV Informecial Products That Actually Work 2011/01/04 04:56:08 (permalink)
Oreck Air Purifier.  Quite happy with it, stopped my allergy coughing within 24 hours.  But to be honest, I hate infomercials.  It's infuriating to pay that kind of money for cable, only to have nothing but informercials offered in the wee hours of the morning.  
DawnT
Re:TV Informecial Products That Actually Work 2011/01/04 08:07:04 (permalink)
My business partner bought two of the Orecks not long after we opened, primarly b/c of his smoking. Truthfully, the price and shipping was a rip at first glance when compared to the other HEPA filters with ionizers. You don't see the benefits of these until the long term as there is no high priced filters to buy (at least with these units bought around '2000). The filter cartridge takes a little work to disassemble and spray a few times with an orange cleaner or air condition coil cleaner and rod out with a couple of pipe cleaners and rinse out the pre and post filters. They let you know when it's time to clean them, trust me on that one. You don't have to watch the lights. These worked far better then a commercial fume extractor in our lab. They can be noisy full bore, but in quiet mode they are ok. In general, this company I'd avoid especially on my dime, but these units were a surprise and very long lived too. When these were bought, they only had one color and whoever designed them must have been part of the design team of Radio Shack's original TRS-80 computer series. The styling was so close, you could have mistaken them for a TRS-80 computer peripheral accessory.
ann peeples
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 8328
Re:TV Informecial Products That Actually Work 2011/01/04 09:33:54 (permalink)
I bought some tap lights( alot of them!) believing the commercial that they would light up my world...they required a gazillion d batteries, and I discovered lighting a match provided more light.My husband has given me grief about it ever since. I received an ove glove for Christmas and just love it!
stricken_detective
  • Total Posts : 2330
Re:TV Informecial Products That Actually Work 2011/01/04 11:20:29 (permalink)
I want one of those little red Redi-Set-Cook things:

http://www.redisetgo.com/drtv/ecs/features.html

I like that the appliance matches the hostess' hair.
chewingthefat
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6186
Re:TV Informecial Products That Actually Work 2011/01/04 11:32:55 (permalink)
I won't be posting any more, I just signed up for a "No money down" work from home course. My wife is going to retire, I'm selling the Restaurant, going to work maybe 10-15 hours a week, and make at least $85, ooo a month, then do testimonial Infomercials! I can't understand why everyone doesn't do this, we'd have zero unemployment and a killer Real Estate market!
joerogo
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4524
Re:TV Informecial Products That Actually Work 2011/01/04 11:44:37 (permalink)
chewingthefat

I won't be posting any more, I just signed up for a "No money down" work from home course. My wife is going to retire, I'm selling the Restaurant, going to work maybe 10-15 hours a week, and make at least $85, ooo a month, then do testimonial Infomercials! I can't understand why everyone doesn't do this, we'd have zero unemployment and a killer Real Estate market!

I hope you are typing this while sitting next to your yacht.
chewingthefat
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6186
Re:TV Informecial Products That Actually Work 2011/01/04 12:43:05 (permalink)
joerogo

chewingthefat

I hope you are typing this while sitting next to your yacht.

Your not going to believe this Joe but I just got the course yesterday and just now I got my first check for $24,000, this is sooooooooooo easy. Yacht and Gulfstresm 550, on the way!!

the ancient mariner
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3987
Re:TV Informecial Products That Actually Work 2011/01/05 09:09:30 (permalink)
You can park your yacht at my dock.  It's in Tampa Bay right next to the St Peteersburg Pier.  It may look like a Marina with all the lights and stuff, but it is mine alone and I bought it with my first months income.  Your right CTF it is a great way to live. 

Joe quit the dumb window business everyone can see through that. 
Get with it, Man. 

Sorry guys I gotta run they are delivering my new seaplane.
ces1948
  • Total Posts : 1510
Re:TV Informecial Products That Actually Work 2011/01/05 15:13:12 (permalink)
I had the earlier version of that. Worked fairly well. I admit I have watched that commercial and have been strongly tempted.

stricken_detective

I want one of those little red Redi-Set-Cook things:

http://www.redisetgo.com/drtv/ecs/features.html

I like that the appliance matches the hostess' hair.

DawnT
Re:TV Informecial Products That Actually Work 2011/01/05 15:22:49 (permalink)
I thought we just had a rather lengthy recent conversation about what's just happened above six postings?
CCinNJ
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 7778
Re:TV Informecial Products That Actually Work 2011/01/05 16:02:46 (permalink)
I love Bare Minerals. Great stuff!!
stricken_detective
  • Total Posts : 2330
Re:TV Informecial Products That Actually Work 2011/01/07 01:08:42 (permalink)
DawnT

I thought we just had a rather lengthy recent conversation about what's just happened above six postings?
???? I can't count, can you be more specific?

ces1948
  • Total Posts : 1510
Re:TV Informecial Products That Actually Work 2011/01/07 16:19:56 (permalink)
I had an infrawave oven. I wondered why Black and Decker never took that mainstream. It worked quite well.
DawnT
Re:TV Informecial Products That Actually Work 2012/02/13 21:19:31 (permalink)

I thought I'd bump this thread back up. I was in BBB and seen one of the newer Ninja sets marked at $39.99. These newer ones differ with a more powerful motor, a mid-sized 4 cup bowl with blade set and a slightly re-designed pitcher blade that has a stack of 3 sets instead of the older two. Otherwise it's identical and interchangeable the old one that I've had a few years. Somebody did their homework. While the old 2 cup bowl is wonderful for most tasks, there's some that need a bit larger and the old pitcher doesn't work well as a food processor, nor was it intended to as an ice drink maker. The newer 4 cup bowl is a dream come true if you do anything that contains liquid or becomes liquid. All recent food processors that have multiple bowl inserts have a very wide shaft to accommodate several blade sets and extensions and now can only handle less then a cup of liquid because of the design. The large bowl entry shaft opening in most is only a few inches above the base. If you make salsa for example, you'll have a lot of it running out around the motor shaft after a few pulses. The Ninjas are perfect for doing such food processing and the larger, 4 cup bowl/blade set make this task once again possible now that the major brand FP's no longer can. The pitcher I mentioned in the original post failed as a blender and as an iced drink maker, made a very acceptable snow-like product similar to snow cone ice. Something most blenders don't do well, but still unsuitable for frappacinos, mixed drinks, or anything that needs a granita consistency to the ice. The old version didn't work well as an FP either as the cut product would rise to the top. I haven't had a chance to try it, but it looks like they got a grip on the last one with a 3 stack blade instead of 2 and 2X more powerful motor. I've been very happy with the old one, but for $39.00 plus their 20% off coupon and $5 off coupon this was a bargain that had my name on it. Still no signs of breakage or problems with the old one and trust me, it's seen many a drop and bounce from about 4 feet with never a break. Reviews on Amazon and other places seem to concur that this processor isn't your typical as-seen-on-tv infomercial product and really does work. They've apparently listened to the complaints and shortcomings too. I don't know anything about their fancy base blender they're peddling for big bucks, but one of my ex employer's wife is ecstatic with hers.

About that Showtime rotisserie, it's still going strong at least once a week. Only casualty is the left plastic handle projection on the glass door broke after the entire door was dropped off the counter. The glass didn't break, but it fell on end hitting the projection end first. Doesn't affect performance or function at all.
CCinNJ
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 7778
Re:TV Informecial Products That Actually Work 2012/02/13 21:30:39 (permalink)
I done remember singin a song to you about the Ninja 1100...back in the day!!!
DawnT
Re:TV Informecial Products That Actually Work 2012/02/13 22:07:56 (permalink)
Thought you said you or your mom were considering it over Vitamix. I didn't know that you had bought one. I don't think that I'm in the market for a blender as I have an old style commercial waring that doubles as a liquid cannon for anything over half full even with the lid on once powered up. I really would miss cleaning the counter and cabinet if I bought something else. I have been tempted to make a donation of it after seeing some of the chinese knock-offs of the newer, commercial powerful pulse-width type motor types. How about telling us some more about the Ninja.
Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1