TV Shows that should be made available in repeats

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
CCinNJ
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 7778
Re:TV Shows that should be made available in repeats 2012/08/14 16:17:14 (permalink)
I was watching a Columbo with special guest star George Hamilton...while in labor with my youngest son. That was fun. Shushin the Doctor who never watched Columbo. If you miss the first 15 minutes...you're lost.
BelleReve
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1177
Re:TV Shows that should be made available in repeats 2012/08/16 14:17:30 (permalink)
I thought of a few more:

Mary Tyler Moore
Bob Newhart - both series
Masterpiece Mystery - the earlier shows that Diana Rigg hosted
Julia Child - her first series, and later when she hosted "Baking With Julia"
Pride and Prejudice - with Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehrle

Doc Martin - has anybody seen it?  It's a BBC comedy-drama series which never came on our local PBS channel. The premise is that Doc Martin was a renowned vascular surgeon in London before suddenly developing an aversion to blood, so  he accepts a GP position in a small seaside town called Portwenn (Port Isaac, Cornwall).  He's a great doctor but has no beside manner, very brusque, doesn't suffer fools, etc, and then there's a recurring cast of eccentric townspeople.  He does have one connection and that's his Aunt Joan who lives there (Barbara Bush's twin British sister).  You can get it through Netflix, or sometimes the local library.  Each season has 2-3 discs.

Foodbme
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10356
Re:TV Shows that should be made available in repeats 2012/08/16 16:41:26 (permalink)
BelleReve
Doc Martin - has anybody seen it?  It's a BBC comedy-drama series which never came on our local PBS channel. The premise is that Doc Martin was a renowned vascular surgeon in London before suddenly developing an aversion to blood, so  he accepts a GP position in a small seaside town called Portwenn (Port Isaac, Cornwall).  He's a great doctor but has no beside manner, very brusque, doesn't suffer fools, etc, and then there's a recurring cast of eccentric townspeople.  He does have one connection and that's his Aunt Joan who lives there (Barbara Bush's twin British sister).  You can get it through Netflix, or sometimes the local library.  Each season has 2-3 discs.

We get it here regularly on our local PBS Station. You need to Badger your local PBS station to pick it up. Send them a BIG Donation!!!
CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:TV Shows that should be made available in repeats 2012/08/16 17:01:28 (permalink)
They should have kept the cameras rolling on The Restaurant with Rocco DiSpirito. Drama stress and difficult people. What's not to love?
kland01s
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 2835
Re:TV Shows that should be made available in repeats 2012/08/16 17:27:07 (permalink)
Foodbme

BelleReve

We get it here regularly on our local PBS Station. You need to Badger your local PBS station to pick it up. Send them a BIG Donation!!!

Our PBS shows Doc Martin too, Saturday nights at 8 and Sunday afternoons on WTTW, channel 11 Chicago!
BelleReve
Re:TV Shows that should be made available in repeats 2012/08/19 12:04:43 (permalink)
on Doc Martin - I had to laugh, I thought it was something special that others didn't know about, and Foodbme you are so right about those pledges, it's certainly not for lack of trying, our PBS station has several pledge drives throughout the year and a yearly art auction that  preempts all their shows for about 10 days.    
kland01s
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 2835
Re:TV Shows that should be made available in repeats 2012/08/19 14:43:35 (permalink)
In honor of Julia Child's 100th birthday, last Sunday our local PBS showed 4 episodes from French Chef year 1. They were done by the original Boston station and remixed this year so I'm guessing we might be seeing the original series available sometime soon. For very large PBS donation I'm sure! BTW, Doc Martin got preempted last night for WTTW's latest fundraiser.  
mr chips
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4727
Re:TV Shows that should be made available in repeats 2012/08/19 21:02:49 (permalink)
ken8038

I'd like to see the 1970's series The paper Chase rerun again. It's not been on for probably 20 years, and only the first 2 seasons have been released on video.

Also, there was a late night music TV show in the late 80's. I think it was on NBC for an hour each week. NOT Friday Night Videos, but instead featured low-key live performances by people who usually didn't turn up on TV.

Dam if I can remember the name of it, but I haven't seen it since. For some reason I remember Harry Connick Jr. being a sort of a regular on it, before he was famous.

I think you are talking about "The Midnight Special" which a few years ago was being sold in infomercials. mary tyler moore and bob newhart  are also on METV which just recently became available in the Portland area.
ken8038
  • Total Posts : 1601
Re:TV Shows that should be made available in repeats 2012/08/24 22:37:03 (permalink)
I just saw your response. Thanks, but it was not Midnight Special. This was a really low key Late Sunday Night/Early Monday Morning show on the NBC network. I've tried a few searches, but since I'm not sure at all about the actual title of the show, I can't find anything about it.
BelleReve
Re:TV Shows that should be made available in repeats 2012/08/26 11:40:51 (permalink)
Mr. Chips - thanks for mentioning METV, I have it, but had never paid much attention to it, our local listings has Newhart on Mondays, which am looking forward to seeing, and watched an old Twilight Zone show the other day 
CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:TV Shows that should be made available in repeats 2012/08/26 16:36:32 (permalink)
New York Hot Tracks?
CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:TV Shows that should be made available in repeats 2012/08/26 16:55:15 (permalink)
It's like that...and that's the way it should be...

MilwFoodlovers
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3174
Re:TV Shows that should be made available in repeats 2012/08/26 17:36:22 (permalink)
Extreme Glow

FriedClamFanatic

The Rogues was a classic

I also liked the New Orleans based comedy that starred the guy who played Venus Flytrap on WKRP

Frank's Place, still remembered fondly in NOLA.
http://www.nola.com/treme...to_franks_place_c.html

That show is what got me to go to New Orleans.
Chez Helene was well served.
I found someone on the internet that burned me copies of all the episodes. They still hold up well.
Extreme Glow
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 717
Re:TV Shows that should be made available in repeats 2012/08/27 17:55:07 (permalink)
Seeing as how William Windom died recently, I would like to see "My World and Welcome to It".  I remember it fondly even though I was a kid when it came on in 1969.
Vince Macek
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 863
Re:TV Shows that should be made available in repeats 2012/08/27 19:06:08 (permalink)
Extreme Glow

Seeing as how William Windom died recently, I would like to see "My World and Welcome to It".  I remember it fondly even though I was a kid when it came on in 1969.

That would be nice to see again - I just got news of his death watching an original 'Star Trek' episode on the 'MeTV' channel where he guest-starred as a ship's captain. MeTV will be running 'Night Gallery' starting next month which pleases me greatly. Windom starred in a great episode 'They're Tearing Down Tim Reilly's Bar'. Yeah, I'm gonna have to stock up on VHS tapes and get into recording mode.
bartl
  • Total Posts : 1340
Re:TV Shows that should be made available in repeats 2012/08/28 23:01:15 (permalink)
I've been watching Night Gallery on hulu.com (where I can watch TV shows on my cell phone while waiting for my parking spot to be legal).

Bart
stricken_detective
  • Total Posts : 2346
Re:TV Shows that should be made available in repeats 2012/08/29 01:22:11 (permalink)
Eight is Enough (only season 1 has been released)
Welcome Back, Kotter (ditto)
The White Shadow

Brotherly Love
Sons of Tucson
The War At Home
Ned and Stacey
Bewitched
I Dream of Jeannie
Gilligan's Island
Ozzie & Harriet
Love Boat
Fantasy Island
Falcon Crest
Battlestar Galactica (not that remake, the original)

I realize most of these are on DVD. Doesn't matter, would be nice to have them on Me-TV.

And does anyone know why they just gloss over the mother dying in Eight is Enough? They barely mention it...one day she is out of town on a job & a few episodes later poof! she is dead.

mr chips
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4727
Re:TV Shows that should be made available in repeats 2012/08/29 22:38:21 (permalink)
Interesting news about an old TV show here in portland. KPTV here in portland has run Perry Mason in the noon to 1 p.m time slot since September of 1966(sic). On september 4th this will stop. A 46 year run for the same show in the same time slot has not happened before in the U.S. and is not likely to happen again. 

FriedClamFanatic
  • Total Posts : 1769
Re:TV Shows that should be made available in repeats 2012/08/29 23:01:47 (permalink)
Extreme Glow

FriedClamFanatic

The Rogues was a classic

I also liked the New Orleans based comedy that starred the guy who played Venus Flytrap on WKRP

Frank's Place, still remembered fondly in NOLA.
http://www.nola.com/treme...to_franks_place_c.html

What i would have given to be at that!.......thanks!
FriedClamFanatic
Re:TV Shows that should be made available in repeats 2012/08/29 23:19:47 (permalink)
I love watching old skits of Erni Kovacs..............Sid Caesar(espec with Imogene Coca)............Carol Burnett.........but they are better than watching the full re-runs.........and someone should do a compendium of the old Dean Martin "I gotta go to da couch now" routines......and the Rockford Files phone answering machine.

I forget which show paved the way with doing "outakes" as the credits rolled, but it was hilarious......was it Tim..um..I forget, Mr. Handyman for Binford? And I will never forget being in the theater and about to getting up at the end of "Grumpy Old Men" when they started with the outakes.the whole audience sat back down and roared
FriedClamFanatic
Re:TV Shows that should be made available in repeats 2012/08/29 23:25:14 (permalink)
BTW..found a short version of the Rockford Files:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MC778A548o
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1