Hot!Taco Bell's new breakfast menu!

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
MellowRoast
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2009
Re:Taco Bell's new breakfast menu! 2014/05/04 16:53:27 (permalink)
Perhaps, but I like traditional Southern breakfasts.  And Taco Bell doesn't offer them.
felix4067
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3618
Re:Taco Bell's new breakfast menu! 2014/05/04 19:21:35 (permalink)
Nor does the vast majority of fast food restaurants. No one said you had to go there, and I probably won't be going myself. I was just pointing out that it's funny all the people saying they can't imagine eating breakfast at Taco Bell, when people said the exact same thing when McDonald's started serving breakfast. Now it's commonplace.
senor boogie woogie
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 239
Re:Taco Bell's new breakfast menu! 2014/05/21 07:49:05 (permalink)
I want to know how many people are going to choose Taco Bell of all places to go to for a fast food breakfast, especially over McDonalds, and why they are chasing that business. If I were out for a quick fast food breakfast, uh, Taco Bell would be the furthest place on my mind. McDonalds has always ruled fast food breakfast (because it is good for what it is).

I am not a CEO or planner  but all Taco Bells needs to be open, if they are not, 24 hours a day with their standard menu.  The menu sells from about 10 AM to 3 AM, and on the weekend until dawn. Frankly speaking, taco bell draws a lot from the bar/club crowd and stoners. Basically from 4 am to 10:30 AM, the store will be dead, which would give the store time to get cleaned, restocked and whatever for the next 16 hour push.

Now, I have not been in the USA for many years, but what other fast food places besides McDonalds have been successful for breakfast? Hardees stands out as McD's main competitor on this (Hardees is great and is set up for this). Burger King does breakfast, who else? Jack in the Box? Wendys tried and failed, and is trying again. Does KFC do breakfast? Dunno. I can see why the fast food giants want to do breakfast. An Egg McMuffin costs about 5 cents to make and they sell it for over a dollar. That's 20 times markup. But again, I am not going to think of Taco Bell. You got to remember, McD's has been doing breakfast since (I think) the late 1960's. Thats what we know, McD's, Hardees or Waffle Hut/Ihop. Taco Bell should stick to what they know and their trade which has been very profitable for them for a long time. Tacos and other stoner crap made with ground horse meat. Its not that they are paying their front line employees any more money to learn to make breakfast junk.

Another thing is, and I learned this several years ago, is that McDonalds for example has to set up equipment for breakfast and take it down at 10:30 AM. I went into a 24 hour McDonalds at 5 AM waiting to catch a bus and wanted an egg mcmuffin and some hash browns and was refused because the morning crew has not come in. Could make me a Big Mac until 6 AM. This is why McDonalds does not sell breakfast all day long (I wish they did, or at least those hash browns!).

I am skeptical.
1bbqboy
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4644
Re:Taco Bell's new breakfast menu! 2014/05/21 08:00:37 (permalink)
What a weird diatribe, especially for someone with senor in their moniker.
senor boogie woogie
Cheeseburger
Re:Taco Bell's new breakfast menu! 2014/05/21 08:08:16 (permalink)
I want to know how many people are going to choose Taco Bell of all places to go to for a fast food breakfast, especially over McDonalds, and why they are chasing that business. If I were out for a quick fast food breakfast, uh, Taco Bell would be the furthest place on my mind. McDonalds has always ruled fast food breakfast (because it is good for what it is).

I am not a CEO or planner  but all Taco Bells needs to be open, if they are not, 24 hours a day with their standard menu.  The menu sells from about 10 AM to 3 AM, and on the weekend until dawn. Frankly speaking, taco bell draws a lot from the bar/club crowd and stoners. Basically from 4 am to 10:30 AM, the store will be dead, which would give the store time to get cleaned, restocked and whatever for the next 16 hour push.

Now, I have not been in the USA for many years, but what other fast food places besides McDonalds have been successful for breakfast? Hardees stands out as McD's main competitor on this (Hardees is great and is set up for this). Burger King does breakfast, who else? Jack in the Box? Wendys tried and failed, and is trying again. Does KFC do breakfast? Dunno. I can see why the fast food giants want to do breakfast. An Egg McMuffin costs about 5 cents to make and they sell it for over a dollar. That's 20 times markup. But again, I am not going to think of Taco Bell. You got to remember, McD's has been doing breakfast since (I think) the late 1960's. Thats what we know, McD's, Hardees or Waffle Hut/Ihop. Taco Bell should stick to what they know and their trade which has been very profitable for them for a long time. Tacos and other stoner crap made with ground horse meat. Its not that they are paying their front line employees any more money to learn to make breakfast junk.

Another thing is, and I learned this several years ago, is that McDonalds for example has to set up equipment for breakfast and take it down at 10:30 AM. I went into a 24 hour McDonalds at 5 AM waiting to catch a bus and wanted an egg mcmuffin and some hash browns and was refused because the morning crew has not come in. Could make me a Big Mac until 6 AM. This is why McDonalds does not sell breakfast all day long (I wish they did, or at least those hash browns!).

I am skeptical.
senor boogie woogie
Cheeseburger
Re:Taco Bell's new breakfast menu! 2014/05/21 08:08:17 (permalink)

I am skeptical.
senor boogie woogie
Cheeseburger
Re:Taco Bell's new breakfast menu! 2014/05/21 08:08:17 (permalink)

I am skeptical.
senor boogie woogie
Cheeseburger
Re:Taco Bell's new breakfast menu! 2014/05/21 08:08:18 (permalink)

I am skeptical.
senor boogie woogie
Cheeseburger
Re:Taco Bell's new breakfast menu! 2014/05/21 08:08:21 (permalink)

I am skeptical.
senor boogie woogie
Cheeseburger
Re:Taco Bell's new breakfast menu! 2014/05/21 08:08:21 (permalink)

I am skeptical.
senor boogie woogie
Cheeseburger
Re:Taco Bell's new breakfast menu! 2014/05/21 08:08:27 (permalink)

I am skeptical.
felix4067
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3618
Re:Taco Bell's new breakfast menu! 2014/05/21 12:20:04 (permalink)
Good god. How many times do you need to copy and paste the exact same post????
senor boogie woogie
Cheeseburger
Re:Taco Bell's new breakfast menu! 2014/06/06 10:30:22 (permalink)
I am sorry! I do not post here often. I will be more careful. Sorry.
Ketteract
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 286
Re:Taco Bell's new breakfast menu! 2014/06/21 10:17:33 (permalink)
One thing I recently discovered is that if you go to a combination Taco Bell / Long John Silver's, they will have some additional condiments available. At least mine did:

Between the Verde, Mild, Hot, Fire, 'Salsa Del Sol', and Cajun Chef Louisiana-style sauce, you've got a total of six sauces at hand.  I went there this morning for the steak and egg burrito combo (get that burrito Fresco-style, btw; the pico de gallo adds far more flavor than cheese does).  The malt vinegar worked wonderfully with the hash browns, and I think this is the only place besides Five Guys where I've seen it out in the dining area.
post edited by Ketteract - 2014/06/21 10:20:03
ken8038
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1601
Re:Taco Bell's new breakfast menu! 2014/06/21 22:28:21 (permalink)
I'm tempted to try this stuff because I've actually heard some good things about it, including in several of the above posts. The problem is that their regular stuff is so godawful that I find it hard to believe that they can somehow morph the usual ingredients into something good at breakfast time.

And those ads with those old guys are just plain annoying (and I'm an old guy myself). Why would anyone gripe so much about a breakfast you can eat with one hand? Some market research must have discovered that a lot of old guys go to Taco Bell, hence the ads. I'll give 'em credit for featuring an old guy in a motorized cart. I don't think I've ever seen THAT before in a Chain Restaurant ad.
tiki
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4140
Re:Taco Bell's new breakfast menu! 2014/06/27 09:54:49 (permalink)
NOTHING on Taco's Hell's menu will ever interest me enough to EAT anything they sell--end of comments on Taco Hell

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1