Taco Bell's Chili Cheese Burrito is back.

Author
Ketteract
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 295
2014/01/25 05:03:30 (permalink)

Taco Bell's Chili Cheese Burrito is back.

Well, not everywhere, apparently, but where there's smoke there's fire.

The one down the block from me when I lived in KC ('04-'12) always had them, but I haven't seen them since.  

21 Replies Related Threads

MellowRoast
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2009
    Re:Taco Bell's Chili Cheese Burrito is back. 2014/01/25 05:26:35 (permalink)
    Hmmm.  I make my own chili cheese burritos quite often, but perhaps I should try these.  I assume it's beanless chili (say yes).
    Ketteract
    Cheeseburger
    Re:Taco Bell's Chili Cheese Burrito is back. 2014/01/25 06:12:14 (permalink)
    It is indeed a beanless chili.  The burrito itself doesn't have much structure, but that's part of what made it so great - it's just an unapologetically sloppy salty treat.  That's  the Taco Bell I grew up with, not this "Cantina" or "Grilled Stuft" nonsense.
    ann peeples
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 8700
    Re:Taco Bell's Chili Cheese Burrito is back. 2014/01/25 09:59:32 (permalink)
    I am the same way, Ketteract. I still prefer the basic menu options. The only newer option I would like to try is the nacho cheese Dorito taco......
    MellowRoast
    Re:Taco Bell's Chili Cheese Burrito is back. 2014/01/25 10:10:38 (permalink)
    As Curly Howard would say, "Me three!"
    Bonk
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 547
    Re:Taco Bell's Chili Cheese Burrito is back. 2014/01/29 01:44:12 (permalink)
    I used to like those and then they weren't on the menu anymore.

They used to be called "chilitos"? I heard they changed them to "chili cheese burritos" because "chilito" supposedly means "small (slang term for a male sexual organ)" in Spanish.
    Ketteract
    Cheeseburger
    Re:Taco Bell's Chili Cheese Burrito is back. 2014/01/31 17:27:28 (permalink)
    Reporting back! Somehow, some way, Taco Bell has not screwed this up. I had two CCBs and they were exactly, exactly, as I remembered them. Same size, same flavor, same wonderfully sloppy consistency. They did not change a thing. I couldn't be more pleased. 

I only hope that the corresponding Griller does well enough for them to keep the CCB, since that's the only reason they've brought it back. Apparently it's not enough of a seller by itself to justify making the chili - although I can't imagine why. This is really one of TB's best items.

Price was $1.89 at the TB in Cromwell, CT, but if you look at the photos posted on the Facebook CCB fan page, they go at least as low as $1.59 in some areas.
    Pursho
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re:Taco Bell's Chili Cheese Burrito is back. 2014/01/31 20:41:26 (permalink)
    I just love Taco Bell.. I'm Sorry its a guilty pleasure.  Plus nowhere else can you eat for as cheap as I can there.  I'm all over cheap 
    I will be checking tomorrow for this on my local menu.  Thanks!
    Ketteract
    Cheeseburger
    Re:Taco Bell's Chili Cheese Burrito is back. 2014/02/08 07:48:13 (permalink)
    Tried to get a couple last night around 9 pm - they were out of chili!  

I was annoyed but also glad, because this means the Griller and/or the CCB must be selling pretty well, so the CCB is more likely to stick around. :) Ended up getting a Meximelt for my nostalgia fix.
    eruby
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 720
    Re:Taco Bell's Chili Cheese Burrito is back. 2014/02/12 07:22:41 (permalink)
    They did not have the chili cheese burrito at my Carroll County MD location.

I got a chili cheese griller that was okay for $1, but would rather have paid more for the burrito.

The griller had a griddled taste (I guess that's why it's called a Griller) I didn't care for, kind of like a bad pancake, and it also had red tortilla strips in it that did not work IMO.
    VuduHippy
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 40
    Re:Taco Bell's Chili Cheese Burrito is back. 2014/02/13 00:30:31 (permalink)
    eruby

I got a chili cheese griller that was okay for $1, but would rather have paid more for the burrito.

The griller had a griddled taste (I guess that's why it's called a Griller) I didn't care for, kind of like a bad pancake, and it also had red tortilla strips in it that did not work IMO.

I'm a manager at Taco Bell and if this location is selling the chili cheese fries loaded griller, they have to also sell the chili cheese burrito. This is a chain-wide promotion. Red tortilla strips SHOULD NOT be in the chili cheese fries loaded griller. It should have only chili, cheese, and potato bites should be the only ingredients. The red tortilla strips are in the beefy nachos loaded griller. This location either gave you a beefy nachos loaded griller or are VERY poorly trained.
    eruby
    Double Cheeseburger
    Re:Taco Bell's Chili Cheese Burrito is back. 2014/02/13 09:06:53 (permalink)
    VuduHippy

eruby

I'm a manager at Taco Bell and if this location is selling the chili cheese fries loaded griller, they have to also sell the chili cheese burrito. This is a chain-wide promotion. Red tortilla strips SHOULD NOT be in the chili cheese fries loaded griller. It should have only chili, cheese, and potato bites should be the only ingredients. The red tortilla strips are in the beefy nachos loaded griller. This location either gave you a beefy nachos loaded griller or are VERY poorly trained.
    You are correct, it was the beefy nachos loaded griller.  I guess they didn't have the chili cheese fries griller or I'd definitely have gotten that (along with a chili cheese burrito).

Hopefully soon.
    VuduHippy
    Junior Burger
    Re:Taco Bell's Chili Cheese Burrito is back. 2014/02/15 22:40:28 (permalink)
    eruby

VuduHippy

eruby

You are correct, it was the beefy nachos loaded griller.  I guess they didn't have the chili cheese fries griller or I'd definitely have gotten that (along with a chili cheese burrito).

Hopefully soon.

I'm surprised they are not selling it since all stores should be selling both the chili cheese fries loaded griller as well as the chili cheese burrito. That promotion started back on January 23. The next promotion begins Feb 27....XXL Crispy Steak Taco with taco shells freshly fried in store!!

eruby
    Double Cheeseburger
    Re:Taco Bell's Chili Cheese Burrito is back. 2014/02/19 07:12:55 (permalink)
    As VuduHippy correctly pointed out, my local Taco Bell was selling both the chili cheese fries loaded griller as well as the chili cheese burrito.  There were a few posters inside for the griller, and when I asked if they were also selling the chili cheese burrito, the kid said yes.

Chili Cheese Burrito

Opened up.

Inside close ups.

Side view.

Side view closer.

Side view cut.

I also got the chili cheese fries griller but didn't like it much. At least it was just a dollar.

post edited by eruby - 2014/02/19 07:13:58
    dianearaB
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re:Taco Bell's Chili Cheese Burrito is back. 2014/02/20 04:09:25 (permalink)
    Taco Bell’s “Superman” may well not be on the menu to avoid lawsuits from DC Comics. It is a tortilla-wrapped monster that begins with the franchise’s double beef burrito, then is further stuffed with potatoes, sour cream, guacamole and tortilla strips. It is one of the accessible at your preferred fast food chains. You only have to know to ask for it.
    mar52
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 8402
    Re:Taco Bell's Chili Cheese Burrito is back. 2014/02/20 10:29:05 (permalink)
    Tried one the other night. Very salty

Feh
    iluvcfood
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 530
    Re:Taco Bell's Chili Cheese Burrito is back. 2014/02/20 15:55:18 (permalink)
    I love Taco Bell but the problem is that everything on the menu is so small I have to order 3-4 items to fill me up!
    MellowRoast
    Re:Taco Bell's Chili Cheese Burrito is back. 2014/02/20 16:01:21 (permalink)
    iluvcfood, I can agree with that!
    Ketteract
    Cheeseburger
    Re:Taco Bell's Chili Cheese Burrito is back. 2014/02/20 16:17:44 (permalink)
    iluvcfood

I love Taco Bell but the problem is that everything on the menu is so small I have to order 3-4 items to fill me up!

I actually love that aspect of it! You can fill up on a few different items instead of just one big item.  When I go there (which I try to restrict to just once or twice a month), I'll get, say, a Meximelt, Crunchy Taco, Soft Taco, and Chili Cheese Burrito.  Or maybe a Bean Burrito and two Crispy Potato Soft Tacos.  Or maybe a Mexican Pizza, a Crunchy Taco, and an order of regular Nachos (the ones with just a cup of cheese sauce).

The larger, premium-priced items just don't hold any interest for me, at any fast food place.  Cantina Bell?  Angus burgers?  Meh.  Just give me the basic classics.  Once I get into the $5-6 range I might as well go to a higher-tier place, something "fast-casual" like Chipotle or Five Guys.
    iluvcfood
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 530
    Re:Taco Bell's Chili Cheese Burrito is back. 2014/02/20 16:39:12 (permalink)
    The closest Taco Bell is just down the street from us by about 1/2 mile so thats good.
    What I like about this one is that its a combo Taco Bell and Pizza hut so if I dont feel like Texmex food I can order a personal sized pan pepperoni pizza for $4.50

Ketteract
    Cheeseburger
    Re:Taco Bell's Chili Cheese Burrito is back. 2014/04/26 09:37:03 (permalink)
    Aaaaaand it's gone again. :(  When I asked for it last night they said they don't carry the chili anymore. I'm guessing this means that the Chili Cheese Fries Loaded Griller didn't sell well enough.
    VuduHippy
    Junior Burger
    Re:Taco Bell's Chili Cheese Burrito is back. 2014/04/27 02:35:12 (permalink)
    Yes, unfortunately, the chili cheese items will soon be disappearing. It was only ment as a limited time only product. Some (Franchise only) stores carry the burrito as a regular menu item, but that is by franchisee choice. New Limited Time Only promotion starts May 8!
    post edited by VuduHippy - 2014/04/27 02:38:29
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1