Taco Bell's Triple Steak Burritos and Volcano Taco

Author
XanaJew
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 42
2008/10/19 23:46:23 (permalink)

Taco Bell's Triple Steak Burritos and Volcano Taco

Has anyone else tried these new items @ Taco Bell, yet?

OMG! These are really, really good!

I was leary at first, about what their understanding of what "triple steak" meant! I expected to be disappointed and cheated, but it was great! It was actually loaded with steak, rice and cheese. Tasted awesome!!!

Also for a real kick, try the new volcano taco, as well. The volcano sauce is actually quite hot, but flavorful at the same time.

Try one or both and lemme know what you think.

21 Replies Related Threads

HDtravlr1
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 288
    RE: Taco Bell's Triple Steak Burritos and Volcano Taco 2008/10/20 00:45:02 (permalink)
    I have enjoyed the volcano taco several times. Sounds like I need to try the triple steak burrito next.
    Thanks
    westley
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 76
    RE: Taco Bell's Triple Steak Burritos and Volcano Taco 2008/10/20 03:17:26 (permalink)
    I really like the volcano tacos. The sauce they use is flavorful and quite spicy.

I thought the triple steak burrito was just ok -- pretty similar to other steak burritos they've had in the past.
    Kaczmark
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 73
    RE: Taco Bell's Triple Steak Burritos and Volcano Taco 2008/10/20 10:15:59 (permalink)
    I had the triple steak burrito, and it was so-so.

I also had the runs all afternoon - not good
    KingCrab
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 122
    RE: Taco Bell's Triple Steak Burritos and Volcano Taco 2008/10/20 12:32:52 (permalink)
    I actually wanted to try the triple steak burrito on Friday, but the location in Morris, IL. was out of steak @ 5:30 p.m. on a friday night.. what a joke. but this is the same location that never has sliced jalapenos either..

"had" to opt for carry-out chinese instead.

the volcano taco isnt that good in my opinion. weird, chemical tasting shell(probably accounting for the color), mild cheese sauce, etc. Hardly a volcano of heat.

With the above said, after a few rounds of drinks I like Taco Bell for steak taco's, and taco supremes. I will be trying the triple steak burrito at a later date at my usual location in Ottawa, IL. I will never go back to the goofs @ the Morris, IL. place again, 3 strikes and "he gone"!
    ThrashATL
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 75
    RE: Taco Bell's Triple Steak Burritos and Volcano Taco 2008/10/20 16:29:56 (permalink)
    The Triple Steak Burrito is GOOD by TB standards but at $4.27 (w tax) a pop, I'd rather stick another buck on the counter at Chipotle and get one of their burritos. I guess I've been spoiled at Taco Bell loading up on their sub $1.00 item menu and wasn't expecting the sticker shock of a $4 burrito in this place. The thing is decent tasting but I have a sneaking suspicion that mine was made and laying in wait before I even entered the drive thru. By the time I put my change in the cup holder the guy was holding my bag up to the window to take. About 30 seconds from order to drive out. Either they're thest fastest Taco Bell around or those things are piled up waiting. Hmmmmm.... It was a little cold. Would make a heckuva "Grilled Stuft" burrito offering for the menu instead of a plain cold wrap burrito.
    felix4067
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3472
    RE: Taco Bell's Triple Steak Burritos and Volcano Taco 2008/10/20 20:38:35 (permalink)
    I'm not remotely interested in the triple steak anything (or really, anything from Taco Bell that claims to be steak...I've tried it before, and I'm pretty sure shoe leather would be both more tender and flavourful). I also don't believe rice has any place in a burrito or taco...served as a side, yes, but not inside.

The volcano taco, however, is pretty good, especially if you add a bunch of fire sauce so it's actually sort of spicy. I just wish it came in soft shell (they'll do it, but they're not happy about it). The red hard shell is simply food colouring, it's not like it's hot flavour or matters if you have the insides in a soft shell.
    cameron074
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 135
    RE: Taco Bell's Triple Steak Burritos and Volcano Taco 2008/11/03 12:07:58 (permalink)
    I tried the volcano taco recently, was not a fan. The sauce was far less than stellar so it'll be the first and last time I get that.

I refuse to purchase the triple steak burrito specifically because of the commercial for it.
    Adjudicator
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5065
    RE: Taco Bell's Triple Steak Burritos and Volcano Taco 2008/11/04 17:36:33 (permalink)
    Hmmm. So "triple" steak would be what; 2 ounces?
    Poverty Pete
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2295
    RE: Taco Bell's Triple Steak Burritos and Volcano Taco 2008/11/04 19:34:25 (permalink)
    Only if the "chef" lays his finger on the scale.
    stevep
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 58
    RE: Taco Bell's Triple Steak Burritos and Volcano Taco 2008/11/05 22:46:22 (permalink)
    There's a time and a place for Taco Bell for sure. I tried the Volcano and it filled the void I was looking for, but it lacked the spiciness I was hoping for. I have a pretty high threshold for spicy foods though (I consider their "Fire" sauce about a half-notch above ketchup).
    CCinNJ
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7778
    RE: Taco Bell's Triple Steak Burritos and Volcano Taco 2008/11/06 00:31:19 (permalink)
    I cannot get past the very odd color of the volcano taco shell.

KingCrab
    Cheeseburger
    RE: Taco Bell's Triple Steak Burritos and Volcano Taco 2008/11/06 09:30:57 (permalink)
    after a night of drinking(typically the only time Taco Bell appeals to me) I finally got around to trying the Triple "steak" Burrito. Although the steak looked more like chunky dog food, it was a pretty filling burrito when accompanied by 2 taco supremes. I'd eat it again after a few shots of tequila, and a few rounds of beer.
    ScreamingChicken
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5023
    RE: Taco Bell's Triple Steak Burritos and Volcano Taco 2008/11/06 12:07:27 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by KingCrab

I'd eat it again after a few shots of tequila, and a few rounds of beer.
    "Eat" or "see"?

Brad
    MiamiDon
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4306
    RE: Taco Bell's Triple Steak Burritos and Volcano Taco 2008/11/06 16:05:10 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by felix4067

I also don't believe rice has any place in a burrito or taco...served as a side, yes, but not inside.

I had wondered about the rice-in-a-burrito thing myself, especially when Qdoba and Chipotle restaurants burst on the scene here. Then I found out that it was popularized in the USA by Mexicans in California, where I believe it is known as "mission-style".
    1bbqboy
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4614
    RE: Taco Bell's Triple Steak Burritos and Volcano Taco 2008/11/06 16:13:01 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by MiamiDon

quote:

I also don't believe rice has any place in a burrito or taco...served as a side, yes, but not inside.

I had wondered about the rice-in-a-burrito thing myself, especially when Qdoba and Chipotle restaurants burst on the scene here. Then I found out that it was popularized in the USA by Mexicans in California, where I believe it is known as "mission-style".

rice in burritos is NoCal or Mission style.
    No rice in SoCal.
    Scorereader
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5550
    RE: Taco Bell's Triple Steak Burritos and Volcano Taco 2008/11/06 16:20:08 (permalink)
    quote:

quote:

in San Francisco, in fact. and they're awesome in SF. It's definately a good SF city food. A mission burrito in hand while strolling Golden Gate Park or checking out the painted ladies with downtown behind at Alamo Square is the best!
    AndreaB
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1303
    RE: Taco Bell's Triple Steak Burritos and Volcano Taco 2008/11/06 20:06:35 (permalink)
    I'm happy with the 7 layer burrito at Taco Bell and am also wary of trying anything called "steak" at a fast food place. I haven't tried the volcano taco yet, but might attempt that. If it's spicy I'll probably like it. I think Taco Bell is pretty good for what it is.

Andrea
    KingCrab
    Cheeseburger
    RE: Taco Bell's Triple Steak Burritos and Volcano Taco 2008/11/07 09:33:07 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Brad_Olson

quote:
    Originally posted by KingCrab

I'd eat it again after a few shots of tequila, and a few rounds of beer.
    "Eat" or "see"?

Brad

funny....

eat, as long as I start with tequila, and not start the shots after a few beers I am ok. And typically pretty hungry for some grease.
    the grillman
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 632
    RE: Taco Bell's Triple Steak Burritos and Volcano Taco 2008/11/09 18:55:28 (permalink)
    last time I had Taco Bell, I had to make a run for the bathroom, er, border.....

felix4067
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3472
    RE: Taco Bell's Triple Steak Burritos and Volcano Taco 2008/11/12 22:22:02 (permalink)
    quote:

quote:

I always figured that, much like putting beans in chili, it was a way to save money on meat. Most things that are a "style" of food were originally employed to make a food budget stretch further.
    1bbqboy
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4614
    RE: Taco Bell's Triple Steak Burritos and Volcano Taco 2008/11/12 23:11:30 (permalink)
    quote:

quote:

quote:

I always figured that, much like putting beans in chili, it was a way to save money on meat. Most things that are a "style" of food were originally employed to make a food budget stretch further.

no, in this case.
    http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2001/04/29/CM162769.DTL&hw=burrito+history&sn=001&sc=1000
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mission_burrito#History
    And yet, the San Francisco burrito does have historical forbears in burritos made elsewhere. Some assert that the original San Francisco burritos were directly inspired by burritos brought by California Central Valley farmworkers into the fields, then reproduced in the city. One restaurant consultant remembered his teen years in the fields this way:

"Freezing cold five AM mornings, the best time to pick lettuce, owners needed a very good cook to attract the best fast crews. We'd get huevos rancheros at five, sweet strong hot coffee with a shot of brandy at seven, then full spicy killer burritos at around 10:30, keep you going till afternoon. I remember the texture of the shredded beef, the heat of the green peppers, and the proper proportion of rice and beans. They were so spicy you didn't need salsa-- but you needed that protein and fiber, couldn't survive without it."[4]

folks walk in SF. It's an all in one meal that can be consumed walking down the street.

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1