Author
the ancient mariner
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3987
2009/06/04 12:50:11 (permalink)

Tampa/St Pete-----one mo' time

2 more weeks in Paradise------and 2 more weeks of Roadfood and other food
and---- one newby  and goody.

Since my opinion is strictly unprofessional you will have to just take it for what it's worth.  No pictures, but web address if available. 

#1) Maggiano's Little Italy in the West Side Mall area ------ good, but not great very nice looking ------ red and white checkerboard table cloth's, excellent service, great Manager---- a little noisy and pricy, but worth another trip.

#2) JoJo's Pizza on Terra Verde--------A simple little place off the beaten track
good pizza and good salad. 

#3) Woody's Waterfront----a favorite----smack dab on the water where you can get salty waves in your chowder if you don't watch out and the seagulls clean the tables before the waitresses can.  Best Burger in the area----great beer--
excellent shrimp and good fries.  Always busy. www.woodyswaterfront.com

#4) Woody's River Roo------no relation----another favorite-----this one on the waterfront in Ellenton------come by boat or car, they have parking for either. 
Good burgers, good shrimp, good beer, and what Mary said was a winner--a Grouper  Reuben.  www.woodysriverroo.com

#5) Alfresco's in the Hotel Vanoy-------ok food but too expensive for what it is--
a bartender who never heard of a Tom Collins------advertised as a "true florida setting", but that means only that it has some potted palm trees on the roof.
Disappointing.

#6) The new guy in town------Boardwalk in a little shopping center on the Isla Del Sol.  Very good food at very good prices-----$10.25 for broiled sea scallops with sides of spagetti and mixed vegetables.  Good stuff-----definetly going back.

Two others not visited on this trip but previously-------The Roarin' 20s in Ellenton
a fun place with a Wurlitzer Organ playing "Old" favorites ----good pizza and burgers etc.  Right next to the busy, busy Outlet Center. 

ABC Fish in Largo ------ excellent Chinese joint.  Always busy and frequented by the Asians in the area.  Will furnish address, etc after I look it up------

Many places are hurting---Bennigan's and Shell's are gone---but Beef O'Brady and others are on their way in--------Of all the dumb business' to be in------  Well "Here's lookin' at you kid".

1 Reply Related Threads

joerogo
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4524
    Re:Tampa/St Pete-----one mo' time 2009/06/04 14:24:03 (permalink)
    the ancient mariner(Zio), You do a great job covering the Tampa Area.

I stumbled upon Maggiano's at the King of Prissia Mall about 8 years ago.  I went there for lunch while my girls were busy spending money at the mall.  I liked it enough to bring the gang there for dinner that evening.

The place itself was very well appointed and the staff was great.  If I remember correctly, they also had a very nice wine list.

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1