Tassimo coffee machines

Author
brisketboy
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1100
2012/08/21 09:09:30 (permalink)

Tassimo coffee machines

I have been wanting a Keurig coffe machine for quite some time but being the ultimate cheapskate I refuse to spend 200 dollars on a coffee machine (159.65 on QVC). I got a windfall of a Tassimo coffee machine when a freind of mine who is not so cheap bought a Keurig and gave me the Tassimo at the right price, free. I was wondering if any roadfooders out there had any opinions and experiences the could share about this machine.

8 Replies Related Threads

leethebard
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6250
    Re:Tassimo coffee machines 2012/08/21 09:15:32 (permalink)
    I don't think these machines are for me....I drink 3-4 cups in the morning...and one pot of quality coffee is still so much cheaper than individual cups. Just seems a way of spending so much more than you have to. Am I wrong?????
    CCinNJ
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7778
    Re:Tassimo coffee machines 2012/08/21 09:24:15 (permalink)
    There was a Tassimo recall recently...

http://www.tassimosafetyrecall.com/

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscp...el/prhtml12/12106.html

If you have the money buy the Keurig and be happy. You only live once...and you can't take it with you.

With a my k cup you can make your own coffee and don't have to buy k cups or waste coffee if you only want a cup.
    post edited by CCinNJ - 2012/08/21 09:33:37
    brisketboy
    • Total Posts : 1100
    Re:Tassimo coffee machines 2012/08/21 10:49:50 (permalink)
    Thanks, I guess my free coffee machine wasn't such a good deal after all. My charming spouse says the same thing, I can' take it with me. Which only means she gets it. LOL.
    hatteras04
    • Total Posts : 1087
    Re:Tassimo coffee machines 2012/08/21 11:17:09 (permalink)
    I have a Keurig and we have one at work and I like them but they are not without their own problems.  They tend to get plugged up which requires sticking a paper clip into the nozzle (actual advice from the customer service line and the website).  And sometimes they need to be flipped upside down to get air bubbles out of them as they will mysteriously starting producing only a half a cup of coffee at a time.  From internet research this is a very common problem and has lead many people to give them up.

They also just wear out after a time.  We have to replace the one at the office about every year and my first one at home lasted 2 years with my current one just going into it's second year.

I got one with a refillable k-cup insert but I found it to be a real pain since you have to clean it out each time and the grounds do not just pop right out after each use.  It is far easier to just buy them.

I am the only coffee drinker in the house so it makes sense for us but anymore than a cup or two a day and I think a regular coffee maker is the better option. 
    mar52
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7840
    Re:Tassimo coffee machines 2012/08/21 14:04:01 (permalink)
    I bought a Keurig for upstairs because I'm too lazy to go downstairs.  I bought a ton of different cartridges for it.

I don't like it.  It makes a clear cup of coffee.  I like coffee strong, rich and full of flavor.

Downstairs, along with my morning Mr. Coffee which makes a wonderful pot of coffee, I have an Il Pasquini that also takes cartridges.  It leaks and needs to be repaired.  I really should do that. 

Not only am I lazy, I'm also a procrastinator. 

kevincad
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 408
    Re:Tassimo coffee machines 2012/08/21 14:28:47 (permalink)
    brisketboy

I have been wanting a Keurig coffe machine for quite some time but being the ultimate cheapskate I refuse to spend 200 dollars on a coffee machine (159.65 on QVC). I got a windfall of a Tassimo coffee machine when a freind of mine who is not so cheap bought a Keurig and gave me the Tassimo at the right price, free. I was wondering if any roadfooders out there had any opinions and experiences the could share about this machine.

Don't have a Tassimo, but I LOVE our Keurig. It brews fantastic coffee!
    kevincad
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 408
    Re:Tassimo coffee machines 2012/08/21 14:30:19 (permalink)
    leethebard

I don't think these machines are for me....I drink 3-4 cups in the morning...and one pot of quality coffee is still so much cheaper than individual cups. Just seems a way of spending so much more than you have to. Am I wrong?????

The Keurig comes with an adapter so that you can use regular coffee. They brew far superior to any drip one that I've found. 
    mar52
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7840
    Re:Tassimo coffee machines 2012/08/21 14:50:03 (permalink)
    Odd that my Keurig is not satisfactory.  Can't explain it other than tasting clear.  No depth of flavor,
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1