TastyKake Ice Cream in PA...YEAH!!!!

Author
CX747
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 38
2004/04/15 03:01:43 (permalink)

TastyKake Ice Cream in PA...YEAH!!!!

For those not familiar, Turkey Hill is a local chain of convenience/dairy stores mainly located in Pennsylvania. They are headquartered in Lancaster County, PA. Living in the nearby Lehigh Valley area of Pennsylvania, I have grown up with Turkey brand ice cream, milk, iced tea, lemonade, etc.

As a child, I would always go to Turkey Hill after school (and still do even though I’ve graduated college) for my daily pint of ice cream and a pack of TastyKake KandyKakes. It was the perfect combination for an after school snack…

Well today, when I got home from work I was one excited ice cream eater! I received an email from Turkey Hill that announced an addition to their Creamy Commotions ice cream line. Its called KandyKake and it is a mixture of Peanut Butter ice cream, chocolate chips, and real TastyKake pieces. This was superb news for a huge TastyKake fan like myself. I immediately drove over to my local Turkey Hill to get some but they have yet to receive their allotment…I was disappointed but will be on a keen lookout for any Turkey Hill delivery trucks in the area in the coming days.

So, if there are any Roadie’s that are traveling through Eastern/Southern PA make sure to stop in at a Turkey Hill store and pick up a pint. This stuff is sure to be a big seller considering everyone in PA seems to love our local TastyKakes. Wish this was available other places as I’m sure it would be a big seller nationwide.

This is just info I needed to pass onto everyone…enjoy. I don’t work for Turkey Hill, I just enjoy their high quality (and affordable) products. Gosh, I cant wait to try some of this. My freezer will be well stocked and I’ll be one happy camper!

Happy in PA,
Chris

PS…Other Creamy Commotions flavors feature other PA local snacks/treats such as Gertrude Hawk Chocolate Graham Slam, Snyder’s of Hanover chocolate pretzel, and there is also a flavor called Jana’s Sticky Bun which is sinfully delicious. Hopefully next they will give us a Shoo-fly pie ice cream. That would be a big local seller as well.

Here is a link for those interested:
http://www.creamycommotions.com/band/kakes_bio.htm

6 Replies Related Threads

stanpnepa
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 577
    RE: TastyKake Ice Cream in PA...YEAH!!!! 2004/04/15 07:28:50 (permalink)
    KandyKake Ice Cream! Wow! Sounds great! Better have some over the weekend, because a two week diet starts Monday. (I've been OD'ing on Easter Chocolate---just ate half a Bugs Bunny for Breakfast! Ouch!). Too much sugar may not be good for you, but it sure makes me happy!
    renfrew
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 696
    RE: TastyKake Ice Cream in PA...YEAH!!!! 2004/04/15 09:28:25 (permalink)
    as a transplanted new jerseyan, I am drooling at this prospect. I must say however, that I never really cared for TH ice cream in general. But I'll give it ia try just becasue of this.

Is it just down in the mid atlantic? or you think they will export it up here to Boston. We do have turkey hill here...
    meowzart
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 773
    RE: TastyKake Ice Cream in PA...YEAH!!!! 2004/04/15 10:01:08 (permalink)
    Ooooo...our local Weis Markets carry Turkey Hill products. I hope they send some of that ice cream down here!!!

Chris, sometimes they do limited engagement runs on stuff like this...did they mention anything like that? Or if it is popular will they keep making it?
    CX747
    Junior Burger
    RE: TastyKake Ice Cream in PA...YEAH!!!! 2004/04/16 00:14:07 (permalink)
    Hey Everyone,

I'm still on the lookout. It still hasn't arrived in any of the Turkey Hill's near my house. I also tried Weis Market this evening and they only had the Snyder's of Hanover chocolate pretzel variety. From what I understand, any store that carries the Creamy Commotions line will be adding the Kandykake flavor.

I know some stores outside of PA only get the regular TH premium ice cream and don't stock any of the Philadelphia line or frozen yogurt line. I'm sure if you were to explain that you are interested in a particular TH ice cream line or flavor to the manager of your local supermarket, that he/she will do their best to obtain it.

As for limited runs, the email I got indicated that this was a permanent flavor. However, Turkey Hill does have limited runs of some flavors. Of their limited runs, I've had the Snickerdoodle cookie flavor as well as superb Lemon Meringue Pie frozen yogurt. Also, at the beginning of the NFL season they had a limited Philadelphia Eagles ice cream made with Vanilla ice cream laced with fudge and peanut butter ripples and for the football theme, they added in mini football shaped peanut butter cups. This was GOOD stuff! But it only lasted for about a month or so

If I hear anymore news I'll be sure to post. And Stan, don't let a diet stop the Kandykake ice cream experience, in my book ice cream is a health food and this weekend the weather in Eastern PA is going to be ideal for ice cream sampling.

Regads,
    Chris
    stanpnepa
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 577
    RE: TastyKake Ice Cream in PA...YEAH!!!! 2004/04/16 07:16:59 (permalink)
    Chris, I hope you find some in time for a little patio/porch/deck eating this weekend! Sunny and in the 70's'!!

I had an excellent chili cheese dog yesterday at a stand in Wilkes-Barre! Let the outdoor eating season begin!
    CX747
    Junior Burger
    RE: TastyKake Ice Cream in PA...YEAH!!!! 2004/04/19 02:38:24 (permalink)
    WOW...Finally found some this evening and my opinion: This is some great health food! Weis markets has it on sale at 2/$4.00 this week. Definitely give this a try. It may not be Ben & Jerry's but trust me, Turkey Hill's TastyKake KandyKake is definitely on par with the big boys. Go out and get some...take my word for it, this is GOOD! Enjoy.

Chris
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1