The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

TastyKake Ice Cream in PA...YEAH!!!!

CX747

• Total Posts: 38
TastyKake Ice Cream in PA...YEAH!!!! Thu, 04/15/04 3:11 AM (permalink)
For those not familiar, Turkey Hill is a local chain of convenience/dairy stores mainly located in Pennsylvania. They are headquartered in Lancaster County, PA. Living in the nearby Lehigh Valley area of Pennsylvania, I have grown up with Turkey brand ice cream, milk, iced tea, lemonade, etc.

As a child, I would always go to Turkey Hill after school (and still do even though I’ve graduated college) for my daily pint of ice cream and a pack of TastyKake KandyKakes. It was the perfect combination for an after school snack…

Well today, when I got home from work I was one excited ice cream eater! I received an email from Turkey Hill that announced an addition to their Creamy Commotions ice cream line. Its called KandyKake and it is a mixture of Peanut Butter ice cream, chocolate chips, and real TastyKake pieces. This was superb news for a huge TastyKake fan like myself. I immediately drove over to my local Turkey Hill to get some but they have yet to receive their allotment…I was disappointed but will be on a keen lookout for any Turkey Hill delivery trucks in the area in the coming days.

So, if there are any Roadie’s that are traveling through Eastern/Southern PA make sure to stop in at a Turkey Hill store and pick up a pint. This stuff is sure to be a big seller considering everyone in PA seems to love our local TastyKakes. Wish this was available other places as I’m sure it would be a big seller nationwide.

This is just info I needed to pass onto everyone…enjoy. I don’t work for Turkey Hill, I just enjoy their high quality (and affordable) products. Gosh, I cant wait to try some of this. My freezer will be well stocked and I’ll be one happy camper!

Happy in PA,
Chris

PS…Other Creamy Commotions flavors feature other PA local snacks/treats such as Gertrude Hawk Chocolate Graham Slam, Snyder’s of Hanover chocolate pretzel, and there is also a flavor called Jana’s Sticky Bun which is sinfully delicious. Hopefully next they will give us a Shoo-fly pie ice cream. That would be a big local seller as well.

Here is a link for those interested:
http://www.creamycommotions.com/band/kakes_bio.htm

metsfan6986

• Total Posts: 6
    RE: TastyKake Ice Cream in PA...YEAH!!!! Thu, 04/15/04 9:30 AM (permalink)
    It is already availible in NYC.Saw being sold in Pathmark this past weekend

Kristi S.

• Total Posts: 712
      RE: TastyKake Ice Cream in PA...YEAH!!!! Tue, 07/6/04 3:50 PM (permalink)
      Dear Chris, this ice cream sounds amazing. Thanks for making my homesickness worse!
      Stuck in (practically) Tastykakeless Florida,
      Kristi S.

CX747

• Total Posts: 38
        RE: TastyKake Ice Cream in PA...YEAH!!!! Fri, 07/9/04 5:05 AM (permalink)
        Kristi,

Wish I could send some of this ice cream to you without it melting. Every TastyKake fan desserves the opportunity to give this ice cream a try...its really good stuff. Hey, maybe this is a good enough excuse for you to plan a visit back to "TastyKake Country." Seriously, I know how you feel, I do quite a bit of international travel and the first thing I pack are a box of Kandy Kakes, cupcakes, krimpets and a TastyKake fudge brownie or two and if its during the Fall, cant forget to pack a pumpkin pie...this usually only holds me over for a week but the first thing waiting for me when I get home is a well stocked pantry full of TastyKake goodness...and now I can say my freezer is well stocked as well. Hopefully this flavor of ice cream wont just be a temporary thing...I hope it'll be here to stay and that you'll be able to give it a try sooner rather than later.

Kindest Regards,
        Chris

CheeseWit

• Total Posts: 1393
          • Roadfood Insider
          RE: TastyKake Ice Cream in PA...YEAH!!!! Fri, 07/9/04 7:18 AM (permalink)
          A couple of weeks ago, we traveled to Kutztown, PA for the German festival. On the way, we stopped at Premise Maid Candy and Ice Cream Shoppe. I had their homemade peanut butter kandykake ice cream, which was vanilla ice cream with Tastykake Peanut Butter Kandykakes mixed in. It was heaven!! I love homemade ice cream and this was a blend of one of my all time favorite snack cakes and excellent vanilla ice cream.

Kristi S.

• Total Posts: 712
            RE: TastyKake Ice Cream in PA...YEAH!!!! Fri, 07/9/04 9:02 AM (permalink)
            Chris and CheeseWit, you guys are killin' me. At work there is a triumvirate of folks from PA who are planning a big re-entry back into the homeland...(myself included)
            Anyway, we went to a Phils minor league game last night and we delighted in the Yuengling signs, the smell of Amoroso's, the sounds of Harry Kalas on the big screen and and even some stylin' folks wearing Luzinski jerseys!
            Obviously homesick,
            Kristi S.

icecreamlvr

• Total Posts: 1
              RE: TastyKake Ice Cream in PA...YEAH!!!! Mon, 07/12/04 3:14 PM (permalink)
              I went to the Ice Cream Festival in Delaware this weekend, and the Turkey Hill gang said it is in markets and you could go to the TH website and put in your zip to find a retailer near you, I tried but could not find that feature...that tandykake ice cream is the best flavor I have tried by far!!

marcbla

• Total Posts: 139
                RE: TastyKake Ice Cream in PA...YEAH!!!! Mon, 09/13/04 4:01 PM (permalink)
                i posted that several months ago, haven't tried it yet

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                  • No New Messages
                  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                  • Locked w/ New Messages
                  • Locked w/o New Messages
                  • Read Message
                  • Post New Thread
                  • Reply to message
                  • Post New Poll
                  • Submit Vote
                  • Post reward post
                  • Delete my own posts
                  • Delete my own threads
                  • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                  What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com