The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Tastycake "Sensables"

tiki

• Total Posts: 4135
Tastycake "Sensables" Mon, 05/17/04 1:45 PM (permalink)
For all you no/low carb and sdugar free folks who yearn for some good old junk food---Tastycakes has just announced a new line just for YOU!!!!--get ready for the upcoming release of low carb free Plain and Chocolate donuts,chocolate and chocolate chip cookie bars and Orange and Choclate chip fingercakes! Just read about this a few mins ago and figured there were some folks out here that would be pleased.

Kristi S.

• Total Posts: 712
    RE: Tastycake "Sensables" Mon, 05/17/04 3:01 PM (permalink)
    Good news for some folks, but if I'm going to have a sweety, it's gonna be full-on fat. That includes the sacred Tastykake, whose blessed chemistry should never be tinkered with!

emsmom

• Total Posts: 955
      RE: Tastycake "Sensables" Mon, 05/17/04 3:17 PM (permalink)
      Does anyone know of a place in NC/SC that sells Tasty Cakes. I've looked in Harris-Teeter and Wal Mart and several other places but have not been able to find them.

DLnWPBrown

• Total Posts: 832
        RE: Tastycake "Sensables" Mon, 05/17/04 4:23 PM (permalink)
        quote:
        Originally posted by emsmom

Does anyone know of a place in NC/SC that sells Tasty Cakes. I've looked in Harris-Teeter and Wal Mart and several other places but have not been able to find them.

I think I have seen them at my local Lowe's Foods. I live in Cary so I don't know if tht helps or not.

Dennis

DanaJ

• Total Posts: 71
          RE: Tastycake "Sensables" Tue, 05/18/04 10:42 AM (permalink)
          Tastykake is one of those things you just splurge on every now and again(or frequently in moderation ;-).
          I haven't tried the sensables, and I'm not sure if I plan on it either.

Emsmom, you can always go to their website and order them online, as a last resort.

tiki

• Total Posts: 4135
            RE: Tastycake "Sensables" Tue, 05/18/04 1:08 PM (permalink)
            Actually they havent been released on the market yet---a "coming soon to a grocery near you" notice was issued. They were introduced to Tatycake district managers just last week. Not sure exactly when they will be out gut the article seemed to indicate that they were rushing production as they too are sufferring a sales slump what with the low carb trend.

signman

• Total Posts: 1743
              RE: Tastycake "Sensables" Tue, 05/18/04 1:22 PM (permalink)
              That sales slump must be the reason I was able to buy 4 family paks for $5 yesterday. (Regular price $2.99 each)

I'd love to know how sales of their pies which now sell for 79 cents compare to first quarter 2003 when they were constantly on sale at 2/$1.

emsmom

• Total Posts: 955
                RE: Tastycake "Sensables" Mon, 05/24/04 12:29 PM (permalink)
                I finally got to taste a Tasty Kake this weekend. We have a new Walmart and they had a limited supply of them. I bought the chocolte cupcakes with cream filling. They cost 2.50 for 12. Is that about normal for the price. They were OK but not as wonderful as I was expecting.

marcbla

• Total Posts: 139
                  RE: Tastycake "Sensables" Fri, 06/11/04 4:53 PM (permalink)

I finally got to taste a Tasty Kake this weekend. We have a new Walmart and they had a limited supply of them. I bought the chocolte cupcakes with cream filling. They cost 2.50 for 12. Is that about normal for the price. They were OK but not as wonderful as I was expecting.
                  [/They may not be wonderful but they sure beat the heck out of little debbie and others.quote]

Julio

• Total Posts: 2
                    RE: Tastycake "Sensables" Wed, 06/16/04 12:08 PM (permalink)
                    Tastycakes's are only really good if you can buy them in the Delaware/Philly/Jersey/New York area. I have bought the krimpets and cup cakes in Florida,but you cannot get the pies.

The Scarlet Pumpernickel

• Total Posts: 32
                      RE: Tastycake "Sensables" Thu, 11/18/04 8:38 PM (permalink)
                      quote:
                      Originally posted by marcbla

I finally got to taste a Tasty Kake this weekend. We have a
                      new Walmart and they had a limited supply of them. I bought the chocolate cupcakes with cream filling. They cost 2.50 for 12. Is that about normal for the price. They were OK but not as wonderful as I was expecting.
                      [/They may not be wonderful but they sure beat the heck out of
                      little debbie and others.quote]

Tastykake Butterscotch Krimpets are still pretty good, with their Chocolate Filled Cupkakes a close second. The fruit pies are the best, but they have a shelf life of a week, so you'll never see them outside of the Northeast. Do they still make Pumpkin for the holiday season? My favorites were Coconut Cream and Chocolate Eclair, but I can remember getting Strawberry Rhubarb and Blackberry when I was
                      in my teens.

The regular flavors you could get all year round were Cherry, Blueberry, Apple, Dutch Apple, Lemon and Peach. Krispy Creme sells Apple, Cherry and Peach pies here in the Atlanta area, but they don't
                      compare to the old TKs. The crust is so flaky that when you eat one
                      you have to hold a plate under it or it'll crumble under its own weight. Tastykake pies come in a carboard tray for this reason.

TSP

carlton pierre

• Total Posts: 2500
                        RE: Tastycake "Sensables" Thu, 11/18/04 9:40 PM (permalink)
                        I like TastyCakes. They're more prevalent now than they were 12 years ago. I used to go to PHiladelphia a lot and I would always bring home soft pretzels (sold 6 for a dollar on the street) and some tastycakes for the wife and kids.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                          • No New Messages
                          • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                          • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                          • Locked w/ New Messages
                          • Locked w/o New Messages
                          • Read Message
                          • Post New Thread
                          • Reply to message
                          • Post New Poll
                          • Submit Vote
                          • Post reward post
                          • Delete my own posts
                          • Delete my own threads
                          • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                          What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com