Tastykake Kandy Kake variations

Author
DanaJ
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 71
2004/06/13 14:46:07 (permalink)

Tastykake Kandy Kake variations

Anyone tried or seen these? I know I've seen 2 different variations so far. One is "Boston Cream" and the other is "Raspberry" Kandy Kakes. I tried the boston cream first, and damn they were so sweet, I couldn't take more than 1 bite. I really don't like them at all.
Maybe b/c the original kandy kakes with the peanut butter strip is my ultimate snack/splurge. *shrug* I have yet to try the raspberry. I'm kind of afraid now.

3 Replies Related Threads

RubyRose
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2189
    RE: Tastykake Kandy Kake variations 2004/06/13 19:09:26 (permalink)
    In March, I posted this on another Tastykake thread:

"News Flash!!! I came back from my local gas station/mini-mart at lunchtime with something I've never seen before - Boston Kreme Kandy Kakes. The package has a big green starburst on it with the word 'New!' on it. They're the same as the peanut butter ones but have a strip of a Boston cream filling insted of the PB.

I had to taste test them immediately. Yuk! The Boston cream filling was overly sweet and had a strange artificial, chemical taste. The yellow cake and chocolate covering were fine. To give it a fair test, I chilled the other two for a while and then tasted again and ended up throwing the third one out - a first in my Tastykake life."

So I guess we had the same impression. I have tried the raspberry ones and the cake and chocolate are excellent (dark chocolate on those). But the raspberry filling had the same sweet, fakey kind of flavor and a lingering aftertaste. I love Tastycake products so tried to be forgiving but they have to get a new supplier for "artificially flavored". With the right raspberry filling, they could have been sublime.
    DanaJ
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 71
    RE: Tastykake Kandy Kake variations 2004/06/13 22:23:13 (permalink)
    Sorry I had missed that.
    It was overly sweet in the worst way. I feel sort of bad giving one of their products a bad review, as I live right outside of Philly and have always loved tastykakes(and still do!). I just think they shouldn't mess with the best;)
    signman
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1743
    RE: Tastykake Kandy Kake variations 2004/06/14 00:13:01 (permalink)
    For some reason I never liked Kandy Kakes, probably has to do with the peanut butter, but I recently bought a family pak of the raspberry ones when they were on sale at 4 paks for $5, because I like raspberry. I didn't have a problem with the flavored strip of raspberry whatever, I still don't like Kandy Kakes, PERIOD.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1