The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Taylor's Mexican Chili ??

KOK

• Total Posts: 333
Taylor's Mexican Chili ?? Wed, 06/4/08 3:03 PM (permalink)
I saw a blurb on Taylor's Mexican Chili (in Carlinville, IL.) on Fine Living TV and wanted to know if anyone has had it there or ordered it? Any opinions are appreciated.

It seems to come mail order in two cans shrink wrapped together. One has the chili and one has the beans (I guess sort of like the old Big John's Beans & Fixins - I'm a dinosaur) which, per the show, keeps the beans from getting soggy.

Link below to the website.

Thanks,

Kevin

http://www.taylorschili.com/

PapaJoe8

• Total Posts: 5504
    RE: Taylor's Mexican Chili ?? Fri, 06/6/08 1:09 PM (permalink)
    KoK, we have 2 threads about canned chili here. I can't remember if there is a mention of Taylor's or not. I might try some Googling and see. That often works better than the search here.
    Joe

KOK

• Total Posts: 333
      RE: Taylor's Mexican Chili ?? Fri, 06/6/08 1:32 PM (permalink)
      quote:
      Originally posted by PapaJoe8
      KoK, we have 2 threads about canned chili here. I can't remember if there is a mention of Taylor's or not. I might try some Googling and see. That often works better than the search here.Joe
      I read both canned chili threads but no Taylor's. I did several searches using several different wordings and struck out completely then I posted. I just did another search (can't even remember the criteria) and came up wit the thread below.

I tend to hesitate with google as I find the opinion of the great unwashed far, far less reliable than roadfooders. Based on the post below, I think I'll be ordering an 8-pack,

Thanks!

Kevin

http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8291&SearchTerms=taylor's,chili

PapaJoe8

• Total Posts: 5504
        RE: Taylor's Mexican Chili ?? Fri, 06/6/08 2:16 PM (permalink)
        KoK, I do Googles and add roadfood. That way stuff from here comes up first. There is also a link that says "more from roadfood.com" or something like that.

I did some searching and there is some interesting chili history from the central IL. area! And the Taylor's site has some history also.

Great One, are you around anywhere? How was that Taylor's chili?
        Joe

thebyrdhaus

• Total Posts: 1
          RE: Taylor's Mexican Chili ?? Mon, 02/9/09 7:00 AM (permalink)
          I am from the area and Taylors Chili does have alot of history. The original Chili Parlor had all wood floors and Mr Taylor never served coffee. He wanted his patrons to eat and get up and leave. It prevented area towns people from socializing for hours on cups of coffee after eating. There was always a crowd and standing room only alot of times.  The chili is wonderful as is their famous butterbean soup.  I highly recommend both products. I now live in Ohio and am home visiting. We will pick up a case of the chili and butterbean soup before we head back home to Ohio.

tahall62

• Total Posts: 2
            RE: Taylor's Mexican Chili ?? Sun, 12/6/09 11:29 AM (permalink)
            Taylor's Chili is, quite simply, the best chili on the planet. In addition to the restaurant, they can it as well, in regular (which is hot), and hot (which is really hot) versions. They also serve (and can) a really unique buttered bean soup. The restaurant and cannery are in Carlinville Illinois (about half-way between Springfield and St Louis). You can order both types of chili and the bean soup on line.

luv2dine

• Total Posts: 1
              Re:Taylor's Mexican Chili ?? Wed, 07/27/11 9:02 AM (permalink)
              I grew up very close to Carlinville, IL. and the chili at Taylor's is the best. I do believe that it is better at the restaurant than it is out of the can.  The original owners son, Ed, was the crabbiest person on earth.  It's nice to have a bowl without the fear of getting screamed at.  I was weened on this stuff, so I am used to it.  But this is definitely not a bean soup with a little spice.  It will warm you up, even on the coldest central Illinois day. Butter bean soup is awesome too!

rebeltruce

• Total Posts: 698
                Re:Taylor's Mexican Chili ?? Wed, 07/27/11 10:40 AM (permalink)
                I just went to the website...would love to order an 8-pack..... It doesn't seem to be a "secure" order form/website....worries me a bit....

MiamiDon

Re:Taylor's Mexican Chili ?? Wed, 07/27/11 10:53 AM (permalink)
                  "... you will be submitting information via the internet - if you have concerns, please call 800 382 4454 to order"

Mosca

• Total Posts: 2936
                    Re:Taylor's Mexican Chili ?? Wed, 07/27/11 11:08 AM (permalink)
                    6 cans for $43... no, thanks. If I knew how it tasted, maybe, but that's too expensive to take a flyer on.

rebeltruce

• Total Posts: 698
                      Re:Taylor's Mexican Chili ?? Wed, 07/27/11 12:34 PM (permalink)
                      MiamiDon

"... you will be submitting information via the internet - if you have concerns, please call 800 382 4454 to order"

I saw that...but it seems to me if they'd go to the trouble of having a Website...they should offer secure ordering.....I'll pass.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                        • No New Messages
                        • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                        • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                        • Locked w/ New Messages
                        • Locked w/o New Messages
                        • Read Message
                        • Post New Thread
                        • Reply to message
                        • Post New Poll
                        • Submit Vote
                        • Post reward post
                        • Delete my own posts
                        • Delete my own threads
                        • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                        What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com