Tea Steakhouse Video

Author
wanderingjew
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 7921
2010/08/11 08:33:08 (permalink)

Tea Steakhouse Video

It's no secret that I will be embarking on a 2 1/2 week adventure a week form tomorrow.  It's also no secret that I'll be visiting the Twin Cities as well as the Dakotas- where I go from there - is a secret for most

There are two Steakhouses just outside Sioux Falls  that I would like to visit, one of which is actually a revisit to the Roadfood reviewed Tea Steakhouse which I enjoyed on my first/last visit in 1998. The other is called the Brandon Steakhouse- both very similar (although the Brandon Steakhouse got slightly better votes on urbanspoon) and I only have time to visit one of them,  anyway, this video is causing me to lean towards Tea...

[link=http://www.placeandplate.com/restaurant/Tea-Steakhouse]http://www.placeandplate....taurant/Tea-Steakhouse[/link]
post edited by wanderingjew - 2010/08/11 08:50:21

15 Replies Related Threads

rumaki
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1070
    Re:Tea Steakhouse Video 2010/08/11 11:39:41 (permalink)
    Never been to Brandon, but my spouse and I went to the Tea Steakhouse a few years ago and loved it.

There's at least one neat old antique shop in Tea, also. 
    MiamiDon
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4306
    Re:Tea Steakhouse Video 2010/08/11 12:05:20 (permalink)
    Tan, flat-top fried steaks, canned mushrooms and hashbrowns topped with a slice of american cheese.  It doesn't get much better than that!
    wanderingjew
    Sirloin
    Re:Tea Steakhouse Video 2010/08/11 12:31:26 (permalink)
    MiamiDon

Tan, flat-top fried steaks, canned mushrooms and hashbrowns topped with a slice of american cheese.  It doesn't get much better than that!

All I know is I ordered a 32 oz t-bone back in 98- the entire meal with tax and tip was just over $20
    and it was one of the best steaks I've ever enjoyed!   jump ahead- 3 years later- I was in DC with a bunch of friends- went to a steak house near the verizon center- shelled out $100 for an a la carte  piece of charred sodium with mediocre sides!
    rumaki
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1070
    Re:Tea Steakhouse Video 2010/08/11 13:06:40 (permalink)
    Again, it's been several years, so I can't vouch for how it is now.  But at the time, our hash browns at the Tea Steakhouse were beautifully done and crispy, with no cheese anywhere in sight.  And I don't even especially like hash browns -- but I gobbled these down.

We were only able to go at lunchtime, so the only available steak was a "luncheon steak," which I thought would be, at best, mediocre. It was delicious -- perfectly cooked medium rare, with a nice char.  I ate every single bite.  
    wanderingjew
    Sirloin
    Re:Tea Steakhouse Video 2010/08/11 13:27:29 (permalink)
    rumaki

Again, it's been several years, so I can't vouch for how it is now.  But at the time, our hash browns at the Tea Steakhouse were beautifully done and crispy, with no cheese anywhere in sight.  And I don't even especially like hash browns -- but I gobbled these down.

We were only able to go at lunchtime, so the only available steak was a "luncheon steak," which I thought would be, at best, mediocre. It was delicious -- perfectly cooked medium rare, with a nice char.  I ate every single bite.  

Rumaki

I remember the hash browns being fresh cut- not frozen, I did have cheese on mine, but I recall it was an option and I chose that option (and I probably will again too) I also remember you had the option to have your steak broiled or pan fried- they said pan fried was the "traditional way to go" so I chose that too. Tea Steak house was quite memorable. I remember cows grazing outside my window too- I wonder if they're still there? Where else can you get a decent steak for the price?
    buffetbuster
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10445
    Re:Tea Steakhouse Video 2010/08/11 13:32:25 (permalink)
    WJ-
    I drove through the area few years ago and was amazed at how much the area around Tea Steakhouse was being built up.  The city of Sioux Falls is creeping in! 
    ChiTownDiner
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3008
    Re:Tea Steakhouse Video 2010/08/11 16:55:10 (permalink)
    wanderingjew

It's no secret that I will be embarking on a 2 1/2 week adventure a week form tomorrow.  It's also no secret that I'll be visiting the Twin Cities as well as the Dakotas- where I go from there - is a secret for most 

When will the secret be unveiled?
    chewingthefat
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6186
    Re:Tea Steakhouse Video 2010/08/11 17:27:44 (permalink)
    MiamiDon

LOL!!! my thoughts exactly, how did the guy go from his favorite a 32oz. Porterhouse, to his favorite, a T bone...nothing like a aged 1 day, basically pan fried steak, not to mention all those incredible seasonings, I'd keep that salt thing secret, MMMMMMMM!
    chewingthefat
    Sirloin
    Re:Tea Steakhouse Video 2010/08/11 17:34:58 (permalink)
    ChiTownDiner

wanderingjew

Again LOL, wait till the powers to be at E T and Access Hollywood, find out who fumbled the ball on a scoop like this, heads will roll!!
    chewingthefat
    Sirloin
    Re:Tea Steakhouse Video 2010/08/11 17:53:47 (permalink)
    ChiTownDiner

wanderingjew

The more I think about this, the more concerned I become about how countries like North Korea and Iran are going to react to this unpressented sudden movement, also will the Russians take this for something more than it actually is, I don't like the way this could possibly play out at all. Personally I'm hoping for low key reactions, but we all need to be code Orange, at least, for the next 2 1/2 weeks.
    wanderingjew
    Sirloin
    Re:Tea Steakhouse Video 2010/08/12 08:28:19 (permalink)
    ChiTownDiner

wanderingjew

During the trip report
    mayor al
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 15307
    Re:Tea Steakhouse Video 2010/08/12 11:43:28 (permalink)
    A Honeymoon Retreat, and you're pretending she is Chelsea Clinton ! Right??? 

WJ Honeymooning in South Dakota would definitely be the story of the year on Roadfood.   TTM are you going to sneak up there and be the 'Best Man' ?  Now, Nobody post anything about this...it's a secret !!!!!
    buffetbuster
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10445
    Re:Tea Steakhouse Video 2010/08/12 14:30:01 (permalink)
    For WJ to keep a secret, it must be something big.  So, let me be the first to congratulate him on his nuptials!  I can only assume she is a Minnesotan who loves lutefisk?
    ajp1111
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 18
    Re:Tea Steakhouse Video 2010/08/17 16:16:55 (permalink)
    Visited SD a couple of years ago and ate at Tea. Thought the atmosphere was great, a lot of fun, but the steaks left a lot to be desired.
    wanderingjew
    Sirloin
    Re:Tea Steakhouse Video 2010/08/17 16:38:08 (permalink)
    ajp1111

Visited SD a couple of years ago and ate at Tea. Thought the atmosphere was great, a lot of fun, but the steaks left a lot to be desired.

Yes, I noticed you did the previous review.

I really enjoyed my visit (and the 32 oz T Bone) back in 1998. I noted that there is both a 65%
    approval rating both here on Roadfood and Urbanspoon with a 4 1/2 out of 5 stars review on yelp-
    I still haven't decide between Tea Steakhouse or Brandon Steakhouse- I still have 10 days and may wander into both and see where the vibe hits me.

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1