Tempurpedic Bed ?????

Author
pnwchef
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2357
2012/02/18 16:10:28 (permalink)

Tempurpedic Bed ?????

My Wife and I are looking into a Rhapsody Tempurpedic bed with dual controls Ergo adjustable base...........Does any one have this kind of bed and what is your opinion. This King size bed costs and $8000.....Thanks for the help....Bill
post edited by pnwchef - 2012/02/18 16:12:18

14 Replies Related Threads

Glenn1234
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 550
    Re:Tempurpedic Bed ????? 2012/02/18 17:59:14 (permalink)

We do not own a Tempurpedic, but have tried one at a hotel that had it.  Many have told us that Tempurpedics are comfy, but can feel hot because the bed material forms such a close fit to your body shape.  After trying it for a night, we agree.   
    Even Janet, who almost never gets too hot, thought it was too hot.  I was very hot, and we had to set the room A/C to about 62 or 63 to have any chance of getting to sleep.  Very comfy, but ridiculously hot. 
    It's not hot at first, but after about 15-20 minutes, the heat really builds. 

Before spending multi-thousands on a bed, I would STRONGLY suggest that if you can, first try to find a hotel that has them to try it out for a night. 

Personlly, we LOVE our Select Comfort Sleep Number bed.  

Glenn

post edited by Glenn1234 - 2012/02/18 18:00:50
    Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10080
    Re:Tempurpedic Bed ????? 2012/02/18 18:07:05 (permalink)
    They have a 90 Day Tryout Period:

90 Night Tryout

Some people adjust to a new mattress faster than others. We want to be sure you have the time to get your best night’s sleep, every night. So when you buy direct from us, we give you 90 nights to try sleeping on your new mattress.
    Here’s how it works:
    • Buy a Tempur-Pedic® mattress from us, on our website or by phone.
    • We'll deliver your mattress and set it up in your home.
    • Sleep on our new mattress for 30 nights to get used to the amazing comfort and support it offers.
    • If you're not happy in the first 90 days after your purchase, call us. Our Customer Service staff will work with you to answer your questions and resolve your concerns.
    • If we can't find a way to make you happy, we'll take the mattress back and reimburse your purchase price, less the initial shipping costs.

Why do we offer a tryout period?

Every body responds differently to a new mattress. Most people love their new Tempur-Pedic mattress right away, but some take a bit longer. After years of sleeping on another mattress, you may need time to adjust to the better support and alignment of a Tempur-Pedic mattress. We know that most people ultimately love sleeping on our mattresses*—we want to make sure you’re one of them.

90 Night Tryout details

• Our 90 Night Tryout is exclusive to Tempur-Pedic, and covers mattresses purchased direct from us, on our website or by phone. Tempur-Pedic mattresses purchased from retail stores are not covered by the Tempur-Pedic 90 Night Tryout.
    • The 90 Night Tryout covers the mattress plus foundation. Ergo adjustable bases, bed frames, pillows, cushions, linens and accessories do not qualify.
    • Return shipping fees may apply if you took advantage of a free shipping offer. Shipping fees are based on mattress weight, and generally range from $200 to $325.
    * In studies, 94% of owners reported that they are satisfied with their Tempur-Pedic mattress

Home Shopping with us 90 Night Tryout

I believe most of their Retailers have a trial tryout program as well.

post edited by Foodbme - 2012/02/18 18:10:15
    Davydd
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6321
    Re:Tempurpedic Bed ????? 2012/02/18 18:52:19 (permalink)
    We opted for the Select Comfort Sleep Number bed. I've been up and down the numbers anywhere from 35 to 100. It is not that one number is better but conditions and feelings change and believe it or not it is sometimes welcome to go softer or firmer I have found. This Christmas I added the Select Comfort Airfit pillow and love it. My wife has a Tempur-pedic foam pillow and swears by it. Another pillow we might try in our RV is the MyPillow. http://www.mypillow.com/

Our RV which we spend almost a third of the year in has a three ply foam of varying densities. I sleep great on it.

One thing we will never do is go back to box springs. They wear out too fast for me and cause problems. For years we had water beds and went through 3 bags over the years. They got progressively better but then we got the bug to upgrade to a fancy bed with back board and all and waterbeds no longer cut it for choice. Our guests now have our two not long lasting box spring sets in our guest bedrooms. We went through two not lasting much more than a half dozen years each for our own comfort. They are good enough for a night or two.
    pnwchef
    Re:Tempurpedic Bed ????? 2012/02/18 19:30:15 (permalink)
    Glenn1234......Glenn great idea

Foodbme..........I found out today, they is such a  thing about reading to many reviews.

Davydd.....The pillows are next, I'm working on the bed. I paid less for my first car.............For $8000 it should make breakfast in the morning.
    jman
    • Total Posts : 1318
    Re:Tempurpedic Bed ????? 2012/02/18 20:57:58 (permalink)
    pnwchef

My Wife and I are looking into a Rhapsody Tempurpedic bed with dual controls Ergo adjustable base...........Does any one have this kind of bed and what is your opinion. This King size bed costs and $8000.....Thanks for the help....Bill

You might want to take a look at the Serta iComfort.  We've had ours for about six months and it's great.  Unlike the Tempurpedic, it sleeps a lot cooler.  We've got the queen with the adjustable base and we paid less than $3200 for it.   Before we got the Serta,  I used to sleep in a series of short naps all night long.  Now, it's not unusual for me to sleep six hours without waking up.

Keep in mind that the 90-Night guarantee with the Tempurpedic will cost you a 2-3 hundred dollar "return fee" if you decide not to keep it.
    post edited by jman - 2012/02/18 21:05:21
    mar52
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7761
    Re:Tempurpedic Bed ????? 2012/02/18 21:14:15 (permalink)
    How do you know you're not buying one that was "tested" for 90 days prior to your purchase?

A friend's mother bought one and returned it.  She said...

Although she slept well with it, it robbed her body of energy and ruined her waking hours.

$8000 buys at least a couple nice nights out in a nice hotel.
    douginvirginia
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 462
    Re:Tempurpedic Bed ????? 2012/02/19 07:41:15 (permalink)
    I don't often endorse products, but I cannot sing the praises for Tempurpedic loudly enough.

The most comfortable and supportive thing I've ever slept on. It really shines when two are sleeping - you think you're alone in the bed regardless of the other's movements.

Our's was around $3500 five years ago, king with fixed base, and we consider it worth every penny.
    pnwchef
    Re:Tempurpedic Bed ????? 2012/02/19 12:29:50 (permalink)

jman.....They showed my wife the icomfort when she looked at them, my 11 yr old came home and explained the whole thing to me. I will look at it tomorrow.

mar52..... thats 8 hrs at the Michael Jackson suite in Vegas, or 250 days at Motel 6, and they leave the lights on.............

douginvirginia........I'm happy the bed is working out well, there is nothing like a good nights sleep. I'll be looking at the beds on Monday with my wife. We will either be totaly confused or more in the know.....Thanks
    chewingthefat
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6171
    Re:Tempurpedic Bed ????? 2012/02/19 13:47:55 (permalink)
    I wouldn't pay $8000 for a bed unless Elizabeth Hurley came with it!
    kland01s
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2835
    Re:Tempurpedic Bed ????? 2012/02/20 10:10:40 (permalink)
    We took a Tempurpedic bed on a test drive once for I don't remember how many days trial but we returned it in 5 days. My partner, who is always cold was even too warm and I, who likes cool, was miserable and slept on the couch. We have a Select Comfort Sleep Number bed now and love it. Most nights the settings are perfect but some nights a little tweak up or down is just what you need. 
    SeamusD
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 993
    Re:Tempurpedic Bed ????? 2012/02/20 10:30:07 (permalink)
    I got a Tempurpedic type mattress topper, and I had to hang it on the porch for two days to get the chemical smell out of it before I could sleep on it. I would hope the bed wouldn't off-gas like that for that kind of money.
    Davydd
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6321
    Re:Tempurpedic Bed ????? 2012/02/20 10:45:34 (permalink)
    SeamusD,

Tempurpedic and Tempurpedic "type" can be very different. Was yours actually Tempurpedic? There are many foam and memory foam toppers from very bad to good. It is a big discussion point in the RV world where people like to put toppers on sofa convertabeds. It makes for interesting reading.
    SeamusD
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 993
    Re:Tempurpedic Bed ????? 2012/02/20 14:33:37 (permalink)
    It was a "type", the original brand is, if I remember correctly, around $500 just for a mattress topper. I think I paid just under $100 for mine. Very comfortable, just reeked horribly of chemicals when I unrolled it. After hanging it out for a couple days the smell went away. I'm satisfied with it.
    ces1948
    • Total Posts : 1505
    Re:Tempurpedic Bed ????? 2012/02/20 16:46:28 (permalink)
    Wow! 8k is a lot of money for a bed. Don't get me wrong because having a comfortable bed is very important in the overall scheme of things but if you are having problems getting a good nights rest be sure the bed will be the answer before you spend that kind of money.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1