Texas Breakfast

Author
Legran22
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 26
2008/12/11 17:40:51 (permalink)

Texas Breakfast

My favorite breakfasts are the combo chicken fried steak, eggs over easy, hash browns, cream gravy and Texas toast at the Blue Bonnet Cafe in Marble Falls, Texas and the Chilaquiles with Green Chile Sauce at the Buffalo Grill in Houston, Tx. Gets your day started right. While your at the Blue Bonnet you might as well get a slice of their famous cocoanut merangue pie.

5 Replies Related Threads

MetroplexJim
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4060
    RE: Texas Breakfast 2008/12/11 18:32:43 (permalink)
    Guided by Texas Monthly's "top 40 cafes" designation we enjoyed a delightful lunch at Lucy's Cafe On the Square in Celina, TX. http://www.texasmonthly.com/magazine/smalltowncafes

We returned for breakfast Sunday and it was excellent. I had "The Kitchen Sink" - "two split biscuits topped with gravy and four scrambled eggs, two enormous thick-cut bacon strips, three sausage patties, more gravy, hash browns, still more gravy, then topped with cheese". All for $7.95!

Veni. Vidi. Vici!

Save for a small snack during the Steelers-Cowboys game, that was "all" I had to eat that day. And my wish for the Cowboys came true: no serious injuries, though the game lasted half an hour longer than usual due to all the injury time-outs for the 'Boys.

I hope they meet again in the Super Bowl; maybe Tony "Oh! NO"!!! will do better indoors on a carpet with only a 2 mph room-temperature breeze!
    tiki
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4140
    RE: Texas Breakfast 2008/12/12 09:56:12 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by MetroplexJim

I hope they meet again in the Super Bowl; maybe Tony "Oh! NO"!!! will do better indoors on a carpet with only a 2 mph room-temperature breeze!

That "Hope" is a close as your gonna get to a Cowboys Super Bowl appearance this year--hang on to it--you need all the HOPE you can get!
    GNeedles59
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 594
    RE: Texas Breakfast 2008/12/12 10:38:09 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by tiki

quote:

That "Hope" is a close as your gonna get to a Cowboys Super Bowl appearance this year--hang on to it--you need all the HOPE you can get!

q4t
    tiki
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4140
    RE: Texas Breakfast 2008/12/12 10:59:06 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by GNeedles59

quote:
    Originally posted by tiki

quote:

q4t

?????? q4t ??????
    Born in OKC
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 428
    Re:Texas Breakfast 2008/12/18 05:38:52 (permalink)
    Norma's, 3330 Beltline, Carrollton is an fine diner serving good breakfast and a little Tex-Mex and good lunch.  My only complaint is their friendliness to smokers - the zoning and ventilation could be improved, but I'll gladly go back next time I am in North Dallas.

I don;t know they have  website, but a local review is attached.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/normas-cafe-dallas-3 
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1