Texas Roadhouse - Raw food

Author
bwave
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 231
2010/05/26 23:46:29 (permalink)

Texas Roadhouse - Raw food

Well, I tried a Texas Roadhouse  (new location) for the first time in 2 years.   My gf used to drag me to another TR location about a dozen times back a few years ago.    I have NEVER gotten them to ever fully cook their chicken or pork.   I've begged them to cook chicken EXTRA, EXTRA well done, so well done you think I'll return it, and I promise I won't, please, please, please, I'll even tip you 40% if you do.   Well, I always have to send it back like 3 times to either get it fully cooked, or I end up just giving up and eating peanuts and coca-cola for dinner.     The chicken is always bright pink, and the pork chops just taste raw.   There is no way that they are bringing the chicken to 165-180 degrees.

I don't have this problem at Outback, nor any other steakhouse I've been too, only consistantly at TR.   Does everyone have this problem, and how are they still in business?   

Please don't chastize me for ordering chicken at a steakhouse, I'm alergic to beef, but friends and family love steak, so I like to join them.

I guess it's just me cause I always feel like their nasty rolls are never fully defrosted before baking and therefore taste like parbaked dough.  (tastes like pork hotdogs)

Sigh.   I don't mind paying whatever the cost for good food, but I lothe paying good money for food that I have to throw away, and then have to come home and cook dinner because I'm starving.

10 Replies Related Threads

txtwister
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 259
    Re:Texas Roadhouse - Raw food 2010/05/28 16:39:13 (permalink)
    Bizarre. I've never had an issue with undercooked food at a TX Roadhouse.  It sounds as if your Delaware locations must be owned by a particularly bad franchisee.  

p.s. I'll have your rolls, please.
    dasolutionsinc
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 42
    Re:Texas Roadhouse - Raw food 2010/05/28 16:53:19 (permalink)
    I never had this issue with Texas Roadhouse. sounds like your location is the issue.
    BTW Outback will never have this issue because it's all precooked. They do not EVER cook to order that is why I will never eat there.

billyboy
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2445
    Re:Texas Roadhouse - Raw food 2010/05/28 17:00:28 (permalink)
    My GF knows I employ a baseball philosophy with any restaurant I frequent.  They get three swings at the plate to get it right.  If they don't, I will never return.  There are a few places in NYC I will never give my money to as a result of this.  If she tries to drag me back, I tell her to bring anyone but me.  I refuse to spend my hard earned money at a place where I know I will be miserable and unhappy and feel like I just threw cash in the trash.  She respects that and sometimes goes by herself or takes a friend.
    BillyB
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2851
    Re:Texas Roadhouse - Raw food 2010/05/29 20:46:11 (permalink)
    billyboy

My GF knows I employ a baseball philosophy with any restaurant I frequent.  They get three swings at the plate to get it right.  If they don't, I will never return.  There are a few places in NYC I will never give my money to as a result of this.  If she tries to drag me back, I tell her to bring anyone but me.  I refuse to spend my hard earned money at a place where I know I will be miserable and unhappy and feel like I just threw cash in the trash.  She respects that and sometimes goes by herself or takes a friend.

Billyboy, I always tell my employees, when someone comes into our Restaurant its our time to shine, if he doesn't come back, shame on us................BillyB
    ces1948
    • Total Posts : 1512
    Re:Texas Roadhouse - Raw food 2010/05/30 16:13:14 (permalink)
    dasolutionsinc

I never had this issue with Texas Roadhouse. sounds like your location is the issue.
    BTW Outback will never have this issue because it's all precooked. They do not EVER cook to order that is why I will never eat there.

So all those steaks and chicken and seafood dishes are precooked? Are you sure about that?
    Greymo
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3741
    Re:Texas Roadhouse - Raw food 2010/05/30 18:43:05 (permalink)
    I do not believe this at all.  I have eaten at the Outback often enough so that I  can say  that that poster is entirely wrong
    sk bob
    • Total Posts : 1801
    Re:Texas Roadhouse - Raw food 2010/05/30 21:12:51 (permalink)
    if it was Red Lobster I'd believe it.
    mayor al
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 15307
    Re:Texas Roadhouse - Raw food 2010/05/30 21:17:09 (permalink)
    Yeah Greymo, I think it would be difficult to "Nuke" a Rack of Lamb to that perfect pink 'Medium' that I get when I eat at Outback.

....while at Red Lobster very little is 'grilled' from Raw. Deep-Fry and Nuking is much more common at Red Lobster.
    HollyDolly
    • Total Posts : 1074
    Re:Texas Roadhouse - Raw food 2010/05/31 10:10:30 (permalink)
    Now I just ate at the Texas Roadhouse in Live Oak,Tx on May 25th. It was my friend Nancy's birthday.She had a steak, and I had the pulled pork dinner,which is something new here.It was cooked completely, no pink in the meat.My birthday is june 9th, so if we go there for my birthday, I may try the chicken.Now I have had their bbq chicken in the past, and never had any pink chicken.
    I think it might just be the place you ate at.Haven't eaten at Outback or Redlobster in ages ,or Joe's Crabshack for that matter.
    txtwister
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 259
    Re:Texas Roadhouse - Raw food 2010/05/31 13:01:07 (permalink)
    A friend and I just had the Roadhouse in Abilene, TX do the cooking for a lunch for the graduating class in our teeny-tiny town (22 seniors).  

The order consisted of ribeyes (cooked medium across the board so that some would rest to a medium well on the hour long drive from the resto to the school), ribs, baked potatoes, salads and rolls. 

I watched as they finished the ribs and steaks before loading into my car, and drooled as the scents escaped in waves during the drive.  

Everything - literally down to the salads & rolls - was perfect. 

I'd email the local manager (you can find email links on the website for each location) and let them know you are also contacting corporate, and that you've voiced your displeasure on a nationally famous food website as well.  Sometimes voting with your dollar works best if they know you're doing so.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1