The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Texas Roadhouse Restaurant in Middletown NY

Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 30 of 67
Benzee

• Total Posts: 1872
Texas Roadhouse Restaurant in Middletown NY Wed, 02/16/11 11:07 AM (permalink)
Hello all ,
We have had success here in the Hudson Valley with our Hot Dog meets and thought  another should be put together . This time the thought is a new  Texas Roadhouse has opened up in Middletown NY . Only a  few miles right off of Rt 17 and 84 .
How about a meet  here . ?
Coney Island Lou will be reporting back as  he will be scouting it out today and I will stop in there tommorrow and check menus , possible seating locations , etc.
Any thoughts ?
Benzee
<message edited by Benzee on Sat, 03/5/11 7:20 PM>

kman160

• Total Posts: 160
    Re:Texas Roadhouse Meet NEW Restaurant in Middletown NY Wed, 02/16/11 12:54 PM (permalink)
    Texas Roadhouse? A chain?

ALLGOOD

• Total Posts: 167
      Re:Texas Roadhouse Meet NEW Restaurant in Middletown NY Wed, 02/16/11 1:24 PM (permalink)
      Texas Roadhouse is a chain....is this perhaps a local joint using the same name? 

Benzee

Re:Texas Roadhouse Meet NEW Restaurant in Middletown NY Mon, 02/21/11 3:38 PM (permalink)
        Hello all ,
        Apparently this is a chain and  advised by  other roadfooders that its not a true roadfood joint .  Oh well , I'm gonna visit anyway , if roadfooders think to join me feel free , otherwise I will be still on the lookout for true roadfood establishments
        Benzee

leethebard

• Total Posts: 6078
          Re:Texas Roadhouse Meet NEW Restaurant in Middletown NY Mon, 02/21/11 4:14 PM (permalink)
          A chain???Oh heavens...a roadfooder caught red handed in a CHAIN!!! What's this world coming to??? Hell,they serve food...you like it....who the hell cares if the people who own it are corporate!!!!!! Enjoy and feel good about it!!!!!! If you like it go...don't put a label on it...if you think it's garbage...stay away...that simple!!!

TJ Jackson

• Total Posts: 4482
            Re:Texas Roadhouse Meet NEW Restaurant in Middletown NY Mon, 02/21/11 4:20 PM (permalink)
            I look forward to LeeTheBard hosting a roadfood meetup at Bubba Gump's in NYC.

Or if they aren't open that day, Applebees as the backup plan.
            <message edited by TJ Jackson on Mon, 02/21/11 4:25 PM>

wanderingjew

• Total Posts: 7384
              • Roadfood Insider
              Re:Texas Roadhouse Meet NEW Restaurant in Middletown NY Mon, 02/21/11 4:23 PM (permalink)
              leethebard

A chain???Oh heavens...a roadfooder caught red handed in a CHAIN!!! What's this world coming to??? Hell,they serve food...you like it....who the hell cares if the people who own it are corporate!!!!!! Enjoy and feel good about it!!!!!! If you like it go...don't put a label on it...if you think it's garbage...stay away...that simple!!!

I wasn't going to speak up, honestly because I really don't care, and I have other issues in my life to deal with, but regarding the other thread about where all the forum traffic has gone- I think this response sums it up in a nut shell..

By the way regarding the true definition of the word "roadfooder" if you were to take all the Active forum members aka "Roadfooders" I think the real "Roadfooders" would account for less than 1%  percent.

smokestack lightning

• Total Posts: 301
                Re:Texas Roadhouse Meet NEW Restaurant in Middletown NY Mon, 02/21/11 4:36 PM (permalink)
                wanderingjew

leethebard

I wasn't going to speak up, honestly because I really don't care, and I have other issues in my life to deal with, but regarding the other thread about where all the forum traffic has gone- I think this response sums it up in a nut shell..

By the way regarding the true definition of the word "roadfooder" if you were to take all the Active forum members aka "Roadfooders" I think the real "Roadfooders" would account for less than 1%  percent.

Very well said. I agree. Thanks.

Tony Bad

Re:Texas Roadhouse Meet NEW Restaurant in Middletown NY Mon, 02/21/11 5:19 PM (permalink)
                  I know I was part of the last installment of this show, so maybe it is wrong of me to ask this, but please let's not go there again.

leethebard

Re:Texas Roadhouse Meet NEW Restaurant in Middletown NY Mon, 02/21/11 6:17 PM (permalink)
                    TJ Jackson

I look forward to LeeTheBard hosting a roadfood meetup at Bubba Gump's in NYC.

Or if they aren't open that day, Applebees as the backup plan.

Would never eat at Applebees(or tons of others) nor do I know the place talked about in this thread...but all I'm saying is if someone likes a place, give them some slack...and the Bubba Gump quote is getting a little thin...(I remember recommending it FOR ITS VIEW OF TIMES SQUARE)..Good food is good food where ever you find it....I have loved good food, especially roadfood before the era of chains...I remember the great restaurants in  NYC in the 50's...Mama Leone's...Hawaii Kai.....so many others...all gone replaced by chains all over Manhattan......most I wouldn't go to......Those who know me know I wouldn't be caught in most fast food joints...A pizza lover, I can't stomach the thought of Pizza Hut...but if someone enjoys it, oh well.......Is an Outback steak so much worse than a few mom & pop steak joint's out there..could all roadfooders always tell the difference????? who cares, as long as when you pay the check.you're satisfied........ROADFOOD IS NOT SNOB FOOD.....live and let live...even if it's Bubba Gump's in Manhattan...oh come on "real roadfooder" indeed...are they the people struck by lightning if they walk into TGI Friday's....sorry I rant and rave...sorry I'm NOT a purist about everything...and where I am, I've learned to live and let live...many "roadfood places serve food far worse than some food sold in chains..if a chain serves a good meal....oh well I rant again.....I'm a roadfooder and at a Chain food Annonymous meeting I'll stand up and say,"I'm Leethebard, and I ate at Bubba Gump's"Save meI'm not a real roadfooder!! Forgive me for I have strayed"
                    <message edited by leethebard on Mon, 02/21/11 6:20 PM>

Benzee

Re:Texas Roadhouse Meet NEW Restaurant in Middletown NY Mon, 02/21/11 6:33 PM (permalink)
                      Hello all ,
                      Some funny stuff guys , been to Bubba Gumps also before the theatre in Manhattan , great views , and food was good .
                      Really pretty wild that some would not attend a meet becasue its a chain , but hey thats life
                      Benzee

leethebard

Re:Texas Roadhouse Meet NEW Restaurant in Middletown NY Mon, 02/21/11 6:43 PM (permalink)
                        Cay Sera,Sera(Spelling??)  I agree Benzee...I see you.ve been around here 7 years, and I consider you a "REAL" roadfooder....the 1% or not!!!!!!!

Greymo

• Total Posts: 3662
                          Re:Texas Roadhouse Meet NEW Restaurant in Middletown NY Mon, 02/21/11 6:47 PM (permalink)
                          I  guess that there is nothing   wrong with this  but  I consider a  Roadfood Meet  as something to be held at a Roadfood  restaurant.

joerogo

• Total Posts: 4463
                            Re:Texas Roadhouse Meet NEW Restaurant in Middletown NY Mon, 02/21/11 6:52 PM (permalink)
                            It's getting crazy around here.  Pretty soon the will be riots outside RF headquarters.  I just hope their isn't any bloodshed.

leethebard

Re:Texas Roadhouse Meet NEW Restaurant in Middletown NY Mon, 02/21/11 6:53 PM (permalink)
                              I'd have no problem with that either...I object only to the digs and put downs about "real roadfooders"..you enjoy good roadfood, as I have for well over 60 years,you're a roadfooder....and you're allowed to step foot inside a chain with your kids,and it isn't a roadfood sin!!!! I'm sorry but I just may enjoy that view at Manhattan's Bubba Gump's again some time...My kids loved it!!!
                              Leetheabrd(of the 99%)

Tony Bad

Re:Texas Roadhouse Meet NEW Restaurant in Middletown NY Mon, 02/21/11 6:54 PM (permalink)
                                Once again, I know I was part of the last installment of this show, so maybe it is wrong of me to ask this, but please let's not go there again. 

TJ Jackson

Re:Texas Roadhouse Meet NEW Restaurant in Middletown NY Mon, 02/21/11 6:56 PM (permalink)
                                  Greymo

I  guess that there is nothing   wrong with this  but  I consider a  Roadfood Meet  as something to be held at a Roadfood  restaurant.
                                  Exactly. 

I had thought it too obvious to specifically point this out, but it appears it was not obvious enough for some.

joerogo

Re:Texas Roadhouse Meet NEW Restaurant in Middletown NY Mon, 02/21/11 7:00 PM (permalink)
                                    Not for nuttin, but I would break bread with Benzee, CI Lou, Lee and many other Roadfooders, at any time and in any venue.  The food will never be more important that the people.

leethebard

Re:Texas Roadhouse Meet NEW Restaurant in Middletown NY Mon, 02/21/11 7:02 PM (permalink)
                                      AMEN!!!!

TJ Jackson

Re:Texas Roadhouse Meet NEW Restaurant in Middletown NY Mon, 02/21/11 7:10 PM (permalink)
                                        leethebard

... ... .....
                                        Paragraphs.  White space.  Learn about them.  Use them.
                                        leethebard
                                        Is an Outback steak so much worse than a few mom & pop steak joint's out there..could all roadfooders always tell the difference????? who cares, as long as when you pay the check.you're satisfied
                                        I think most members presence here speaks to the issue of 'who cares'.  We (well, most of us, it appears) are here because we *do* care.    Your statement above doesn't sound like a very road-food oriented philosophy to me.  Maybe eatanywherewhocares.com is more suited to your tastes?  I think the domainname is available.

leethebard
                                        ROADFOOD IS NOT SNOB FOOD

Depends on your point of view. 

I just recently moved to a better home in a better school district for my kids.  One point of view would be that I am a "neighborood snob" or a "school snob" since I rejected the one in favor of the other.  My point of view is I simply chose something I preferred - in this case, a better neighborhood and school for my children.

Roadfooders are supposed to be choosy.  They are supposed to generally reject one kind of food in favor of another.  Go read the mantra of the website if this is a new concept to you.  One point of view could indeed conclude that Roadfooders are snobs, since we generally reject the Applebees of the world in favor of....well.....Roadfood.  Your use of the term 'snob' here is overextended.

leethebard
                                        Forgive me for I have strayed
                                        You are forgiven.   I would bet that nearly every one of us (yes, yes, exceptions noted, no need for anyone to rave about how they NEVER eat at chains) has eaten at least one chain in the past year, probably many more times for the majority, myself included.  But I don't think the focus of our writings on this website should be about these experiences, and I certainly/absolutely would no more recommend a roadfood gathering be held at a chain restaurant than I would a group of devout vegans at a jersey "beefsteak" event 
                                        <message edited by TJ Jackson on Mon, 02/21/11 7:25 PM>

Greymo

• Total Posts: 3662
                                          Re:Texas Roadhouse Meet NEW Restaurant in Middletown NY Mon, 02/21/11 7:14 PM (permalink)

TJ Jackson

Re:Texas Roadhouse Meet NEW Restaurant in Middletown NY Mon, 02/21/11 7:17 PM (permalink)
                                            joerogo

Not for nuttin, but I would break bread with Benzee, CI Lou, Lee and many other Roadfooders, at any time and in any venue.  The food will never be more important that the people.
                                            An admirable position.

That said, your response basically misses the whole point

Taking it as assumed said gathering (you did mentioned breaking bread?) would take place over the course of a meal (or at least include a meal), I assume that you'd find it more appropriate to gather at a roadfood joint (as opposed to a chain) for such a meetup?  If not, why not?
                                            <message edited by TJ Jackson on Mon, 02/21/11 7:28 PM>

Benzee

Re:Texas Roadhouse Meet NEW Restaurant in Middletown NY Mon, 02/21/11 7:21 PM (permalink)
                                              Breaking bread with roadfooders is more important to me than the food is at this point in my life .
                                              I have met many great roadfooders over the yrs .
                                              Very entertaining stuff , feel free to argue over the threads expense (:
                                              Benzee

leethebard

Re:Texas Roadhouse Meet NEW Restaurant in Middletown NY Mon, 02/21/11 7:27 PM (permalink)
                                                TJ Jackson

leethebard

... ... .....
                                                Paragraphs.  White space.  Learn about them.  Use them.

leethebard
                                                ROADFOOD IS NOT SNOB FOOD

Depends on your point of view. 

I just recently moved to a better home in a better school district for my kids.  One point of view would be that I am a "neighborood snob" or a "school snob" since I rejected the one in favor of the other.  My point of view is I simply chose something I preferred - in this case, a better neighborhood and school for my children.

Roadfooders are supposed to be choosy.  They are supposed to generally reject one kind of food in favor of another.  Go read the mantra of the website if this is a new concept to you.  One point of view could indeed conclude that Roadfooders are snobs, since we generally reject the Applebees of the world in favor of....well.....Roadfood.  Your use of the term 'snob' here is overextended.

leethebard
                                                Forgive me for I have strayed
                                                You are forgiven.   I would bet that nearly every one of us (yes, yes, exceptions noted, no need for anyone to rave about how they NEVER eat at chains) has eaten at least one chain in the past year, probably many more times for the majority, myself included.  But I don't think the focus of our writings on this website should be about these experiences, and I certainly/absolutely would no more recommend a roadfood gathering be held at a chain restaurant than I would a group of devout vegans at a jersey "beefsteak" event 

About the typing...I am well aware of porper writing technique. I have written a novel, many short stories, a musical and a play(thank God for editors). I understand and have taught grammar, and creative writing. I take this to be E-mail...and a proper-writing-free-zone...but thanks for the advice!!!
                                                <message edited by leethebard on Mon, 02/21/11 7:29 PM>

TJ Jackson

Re:Texas Roadhouse Meet NEW Restaurant in Middletown NY Mon, 02/21/11 7:29 PM (permalink)
                                                  leethebard

thanks for the advice!!!

No reply to the main message?

Ah well

iSuPPoSefOLkSCaNWRiteAnYwAyTHeywaNThErEBuTifYoUtRuLywANtyOuRmEssAGEcOnVEyed
                                                  thERE'sAbEtTerchAncEofThathaPpEninGifITisfOrmaTTeDBEtteRIfNotwHywrITeaTaLL?
                                                  <message edited by TJ Jackson on Mon, 02/21/11 7:36 PM>

leethebard

Re:Texas Roadhouse Meet NEW Restaurant in Middletown NY Mon, 02/21/11 7:30 PM (permalink)
                                                    And I love elipses(....)

joerogo

Re:Texas Roadhouse Meet NEW Restaurant in Middletown NY Mon, 02/21/11 7:33 PM (permalink)
                                                      TJ Jackson

joerogo

An admirable position.

That said, and taking it as assumed said gathering would take place over the course of a meal (or at least include a meal), I assume that you'd find it more appropriate to gather at a roadfood joint (as opposed to a chain) for such a meetup?  If not, why not?

TJ, I think it's the little purple pills you are looking for.

Listen, I know you enjoy being my very own "person internet stalker", and I do get a kick out of you ramblings, but at this point, you need to relieve some pressure or something.  You keep talking about being belittled?  I assure you, you can get no littler.

Now, I am sure you are warming up your typing fingers, but just PM me and stop leading threads down the garden path.  Or let's join another forum where this kind of stuff is celebrated, and we can have at it to your little hearts content.

leethebard

Re:Texas Roadhouse Meet NEW Restaurant in Middletown NY Mon, 02/21/11 7:37 PM (permalink)
                                                        I regard to your main message...You choose to better your family position...that is NOT being a snob, nor is it a fair analagy. For example, in thje off topic forum, many post about the book they are reading at the moment in a popular thread. Some is pulp fiction, some worse. I never would put down a read, if someone is actually reading and enjoying it. It might not be considered by Lit. majors as "real" litereature..but if they enjoy it,I never would say it's anything . I love classic lit. AND pulp fiction...chains and roadfood...it might be a bit off to have a roadfood meet-up at a chain, but if the conversation is ABOUT great food and great company,so what.

TJ Jackson

• Location: Cincinnati, OH
                                                          Re:Texas Roadhouse Meet NEW Restaurant in Middletown NY Mon, 02/21/11 7:39 PM (permalink)
                                                          joerogo

No, just a straight answer from you. 

You quoted the post but then didn't answer the question posed therein?  Odd, to say the least. 

joerogo
                                                          let's join another forum where this kind of stuff is celebrated, and we can have at it to your little hearts content.
                                                          Naw, I dont need to meet you behind the tetherball courts after 7th bell.
                                                          <message edited by TJ Jackson on Mon, 02/21/11 7:49 PM>

leethebard

• Location: brick, NJ
                                                            Re:Texas Roadhouse Meet NEW Restaurant in Middletown NY Mon, 02/21/11 7:40 PM (permalink)
                                                            joerogo

TJ Jackson

joerogo

An admirable position.

That said, and taking it as assumed said gathering would take place over the course of a meal (or at least include a meal), I assume that you'd find it more appropriate to gather at a roadfood joint (as opposed to a chain) for such a meetup?  If not, why not?

Listen, I know you enjoy being my very own "person internet stalker", and I do get a kick out of you ramblings, but at this point, you need to relieve some pressure or something.  You keep talking about being belittled?  I assure you, you can get no littler.

Now, I am sure you are warming up your typing fingers, but just PM me and stop leading threads down the garden path.  Or let's join another forum where this kind of stuff is celebrated, and we can have at it to your little hearts content.

Wellaid, Joe. I'm through with trying to defend myself...I guess his Bubba Gump dig, got to me...I'm sorry. For pennance I'll eat a Pizza Hut slice....NOT!!!!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 30 of 67

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com