The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Thanksgiving in Columbus, OH?

alb

• Total Posts: 47
Thanksgiving in Columbus, OH? Sun, 11/5/06 10:42 AM (permalink)
My dad just informed me that he wants to meet somewhere in or a little north of Columbus for Thanksgiving dinner this year, instead of hassling with travel and cooking for just 3 of us. Any ideas what restaurants will be open with a good dinner? Traditional - to - elegant, but nothing avante-garde. Thanks

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17826
    RE: Thanksgiving in Columbus, OH? Sun, 11/5/06 11:04 AM (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by alb

My dad just informed me that he wants to meet somewhere in or a little north of Columbus for Thanksgiving dinner this year, instead of hassling with travel and cooking for just 3 of us. Any ideas what restaurants will be open with a good dinner? Traditional - to - elegant, but nothing avante-garde. Thanks

On Nov. 9, Weekender (A section of the Columbus Dispatch) will publish a list of restaurants serving traditional holiday meals on Thanksgiving Day in the Columbus area.

alb

• Total Posts: 47
      RE: Thanksgiving in Columbus, OH? Sun, 11/5/06 11:08 AM (permalink)
      THANKS!! I'll look for it!

Michael Hoffman

RE: Thanksgiving in Columbus, OH? Thu, 11/9/06 9:11 AM (permalink)
        quote:
        Originally posted by alb

Here's Thanksgiving-day information from the Columbus Dispatch:

• Handke’s Cuisine , 520 S . Front St ., Brewery District ; reservations : 614-621-2500.
        Master chef Hartmut Handke will offer an elaborate, multicourse Thanksgiving menu served family-style from noon to 7 p.m. ($41.50, or $19.50 for children 12 and younger; minimum four guests); and a large a la carte menu (trout, scallops, veal, buffalo) for those wanting less-traditional fare.

• Lindey’s Restaurant & Bar , 169 E . Beck St ., German Village ; reservations : 614-228-4343.
        Patrons can put together a three-course meal by selecting from a range of options, including turkey and nontraditional fare, from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. ($39.95). There will also be a children’s menu and a la carte offerings. The second floor will feature a buffet with lots of choices ($39.95, or $9.95 for children 12 and younger).

• Lindey’s Cafe at Polaris , 1500 Polaris Parkway , Suite 200 ; reservations : 614-410-0310. A buffet featuring traditional selections as well as a chilled seafood bar will be offered from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. ($28.95, or $8.95 for children 4 to 12).

• Olde Summit Towne Res taurant & Gift Shop , 14163 Broad St . S . W ., Pataskala ; reser vations : 740-927-8950. An oldtime buffet of turkey, ham and beef with all the trimmings will be served from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. ($15.95, or $6.95 for children 12 and younger).

• Plaza Inn Casual Family Restaurant , 491 S . Main St ., Mount Victory ; reservations : 1-800-884-2328. A Thanksgiving buffet will be served from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the Coach Room ($13.95, or $4.95 for children 6 to 10, $2.25 for children 3 to 5), and a turkey-and-ham buffet will be served in the restaurant ($8.95, or $4.95 for children 6 to 10, $2.25 for children 3 to 5).

• Salvi’s Bistro , 1323 St . James Lutheran Lane ; reservati ons : 614-870-8788. A traditional lineup with Italian touches will be served as part of an all-youcan-eat buffet from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. ($19.95, or $9.50 for children 4 to 11, free for children younger than 4).

• Shaw’s Restaurant & Inn , 123 N . Broad St ., Lancaster ; reservations : 1-800-654-2477.
        A menu centering on entrees ranging from sugar-baked salmon to half-duckling, chargrilled filet with bearnaise sauce, leg of lamb and, of course, turkey and baked ham (with two side dishes) will be offered from 11:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. ($18 to $29, or $5.95 for children 10 and younger).

holdem

• Total Posts: 411
          RE: Thanksgiving in Columbus, OH? Thu, 11/9/06 10:51 PM (permalink)
          Then there is TJ's.

Michael Hoffman

RE: Thanksgiving in Columbus, OH? Thu, 11/9/06 11:13 PM (permalink)
            quote:
            Originally posted by holdem

Then there is TJ's.

Did you mean TeeJays? I don't think they are open on Thanksgiving.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
              • No New Messages
              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
              • Locked w/ New Messages
              • Locked w/o New Messages
              • Read Message
              • Post New Thread
              • Reply to message
              • Post New Poll
              • Submit Vote
              • Post reward post
              • Delete my own posts
              • Delete my own threads
              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com