Originally posted by alb
My dad just informed me that he wants to meet somewhere in or a little north of Columbus for Thanksgiving dinner this year, instead of hassling with travel and cooking for just 3 of us. Any ideas what restaurants will be open with a good dinner? Traditional - to - elegant, but nothing avante-garde. Thanks
Here's Thanksgiving-day information from the Columbus Dispatch:
• Handke’s Cuisine , 520 S . Front St ., Brewery District ; reservations : 614-621-2500.
Master chef Hartmut Handke will offer an elaborate, multicourse Thanksgiving menu served family-style from noon to 7 p.m. ($41.50, or $19.50 for children 12 and younger; minimum four guests); and a large a la carte menu (trout, scallops, veal, buffalo) for those wanting less-traditional fare.
• Lindey’s Restaurant & Bar , 169 E . Beck St ., German Village ; reservations : 614-228-4343.
Patrons can put together a three-course meal by selecting from a range of options, including turkey and nontraditional fare, from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. ($39.95). There will also be a children’s menu and a la carte offerings. The second floor will feature a buffet with lots of choices ($39.95, or $9.95 for children 12 and younger).
• Lindey’s Cafe at Polaris , 1500 Polaris Parkway , Suite 200 ; reservations : 614-410-0310. A buffet featuring traditional selections as well as a chilled seafood bar will be offered from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. ($28.95, or $8.95 for children 4 to 12).
• Olde Summit Towne Res taurant & Gift Shop , 14163 Broad St . S . W ., Pataskala ; reser vations : 740-927-8950. An oldtime buffet of turkey, ham and beef with all the trimmings will be served from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. ($15.95, or $6.95 for children 12 and younger).
• Plaza Inn Casual Family Restaurant , 491 S . Main St ., Mount Victory ; reservations : 1-800-884-2328. A Thanksgiving buffet will be served from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the Coach Room ($13.95, or $4.95 for children 6 to 10, $2.25 for children 3 to 5), and a turkey-and-ham buffet will be served in the restaurant ($8.95, or $4.95 for children 6 to 10, $2.25 for children 3 to 5).
• Salvi’s Bistro , 1323 St . James Lutheran Lane ; reservati ons : 614-870-8788. A traditional lineup with Italian touches will be served as part of an all-youcan-eat buffet from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. ($19.95, or $9.50 for children 4 to 11, free for children younger than 4).
• Shaw’s Restaurant & Inn , 123 N . Broad St ., Lancaster ; reservations : 1-800-654-2477.
A menu centering on entrees ranging from sugar-baked salmon to half-duckling, chargrilled filet with bearnaise sauce, leg of lamb and, of course, turkey and baked ham (with two side dishes) will be offered from 11:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. ($18 to $29, or $5.95 for children 10 and younger).