The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

The Ayersian Ultimate Roadfood Trip Comes to Milwaukee

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 55 of 55
mayor al

• Total Posts: 15066
  • Roadfood Insider
Re:The Ayersian Ultimate Roadfood Trip Comes to Milwaukee Sat, 06/27/09 5:07 PM (permalink)

ann peeples

• Total Posts: 8317
    Re:The Ayersian Ultimate Roadfood Trip Comes to Milwaukee Sat, 06/27/09 7:29 PM (permalink)
    LOL, my friend!!!

MilwFoodlovers

• Total Posts: 3095
      Re:The Ayersian Ultimate Roadfood Trip Comes to Milwaukee Sun, 06/28/09 8:47 AM (permalink)
      annpeeples
      Re: Glorioso's

I agree, my friend! They also have an awesome meatball sandwich made with pepperoni, sauce and cheese.
      Yesterday Mrs MFL and I re-visited Glorioso's I had The Human Torch described as consisting of Calabrese, Capocolla, Provolone, Hot Muffalatta olive mix & Hot Pepper Spread.
      It was as hot as promised and tested my outer heat limits. Here's a pic I took:

Edited to add the following information.

Glorioso's
      1020 East Brady
      414.272.1311; 414.272.0540
      Sun 9am-12:30pm
      M-F 10am-5pm
      Sat 10am-4pm

<message edited by MilwFoodlovers on Sun, 06/28/09 8:58 AM>

ann peeples

Re:The Ayersian Ultimate Roadfood Trip Comes to Milwaukee Wed, 07/1/09 1:13 PM (permalink)
        I am incredibly upset-I had an appointment today at 8 a.m.,( okay- a traffic citation...details later) and I didnt get to be seen until 11:30. I didnt make it to Sollys and I feel really bad.....

MilwFoodlovers

Re:The Ayersian Ultimate Roadfood Trip Comes to Milwaukee Wed, 07/1/09 1:31 PM (permalink)
          Are there any dinner plans?
          I'm working until 4:30.
          I'll check back here later.

ann peeples

Re:The Ayersian Ultimate Roadfood Trip Comes to Milwaukee Wed, 07/1/09 1:54 PM (permalink)
            Well, I will be at The Butler Inn at 6:00-my phone died and I didnt have anyone's phone number to let them know...124th and Hampton.... I will P.M. hoping they will check.

JRPfeff

• Total Posts: 2375
              Re:The Ayersian Ultimate Roadfood Trip Comes to Milwaukee Wed, 07/1/09 1:58 PM (permalink)
              Report from after Kopp's is that you missed a great time annpeeples

There is also speculation that you a figment of someone's imagination.  However, someone claiming to be you greeted me at a BBQ contest once.  Have you ever dined with buffetbuster at the Nite Owl Drive-In?
              <message edited by JRPfeff on Wed, 07/1/09 3:54 PM>

ann peeples

Re:The Ayersian Ultimate Roadfood Trip Comes to Milwaukee Wed, 07/1/09 2:07 PM (permalink)
                 I own the Nite Owl.....LOL!!! I am very embarrassed by the turn of events. Really, I am.
                <message edited by annpeeples on Wed, 07/1/09 2:08 PM>

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
                  Re:The Ayersian Ultimate Roadfood Trip Comes to Milwaukee Wed, 07/1/09 3:08 PM (permalink)

Trust me Folks, She is REAL !!  Sorry you all missed the chance to meet this lady. She is something special! My Janet claims her as a friend, and that does make her unique!!

Don't fret, Annie -- 
                  We'll Bail You Out, Even if it takes Twenty Years !! 
                  (Sign on a BailBondsman's office in SoCal !)

ann peeples

Re:The Ayersian Ultimate Roadfood Trip Comes to Milwaukee Wed, 07/1/09 4:50 PM (permalink)
                    Now that is funny!!! Anyway-that is a much better picture than the "wanted" one at the post office....
                    <message edited by annpeeples on Wed, 07/1/09 10:50 PM>

Big Ugly Mich

• Total Posts: 1302
                      Re:The Ayersian Ultimate Roadfood Trip Comes to Milwaukee Wed, 07/1/09 5:29 PM (permalink)
                      JRPfeff
                      Ann - Too early for a flavor forecast, but I can't imagine a trip to Solly's without Kopp's for dessert.
                      Blow 'em both off. Oscar's is having a "sale" to celebrate it's 25th anniversary on the 2nd. 90 cent sammies and cones. I'll be missing all of you, which is another good reason to go!

http://www.oscarscustard.com

What reeks to the wazoo is that I'm telling you this on the 1st, so you may not get the scuttlebutt in time to take full and unfair advantage.

<message edited by Big Ugly Mich on Wed, 07/1/09 5:33 PM>

JRPfeff

Re:The Ayersian Ultimate Roadfood Trip Comes to Milwaukee Thu, 07/2/09 9:27 PM (permalink)
                        Thanks for the heads up B U M.  Bobbi & I got our huge burgers and frozen custard waffle cones tonight.  She had Birthday Cake Custard and I had Oscar's Delight.  We used to eat at Oscar's all the time, but it had been a while.  Those are superior fast food burgers.

Chris & Amy - The gelato place in Vancouver that Bobbi mentioned to you yesterday is La Casa Gelato.  These are a few of the 218 flavors that were available when we last visited.  Among the choices - Dragon Fruit, Guava, Banana Walnut, Ginger, White Chocolate Bluberry, Nutella, and the ever popular Akbar Mashty.

Bobbi had Roche and Chocolate Fudge Gelato for her cone.

The Travelin Man

• Total Posts: 3698
                          Re:The Ayersian Ultimate Roadfood Trip Comes to Milwaukee Fri, 07/3/09 12:40 AM (permalink)
                          I apologize for my flight arriving and subsequently departing on-time during my all-to-brief connection in Milwaukee.  Hopefully, we will be able to meet together once again down the road.

JRPfeff

Re:The Ayersian Ultimate Roadfood Trip Comes to Milwaukee Fri, 07/3/09 8:21 AM (permalink)
                            The Travelin Man

I apologize for my flight arriving and subsequently departing on-time during my all-to-brief connection in Milwaukee.  Hopefully, we will be able to meet together once again down the road.

Amateur.
                            <message edited by JRPfeff on Fri, 07/3/09 8:29 AM>

Soccer862923

• Total Posts: 208
                              Re:The Ayersian Ultimate Roadfood Trip Comes to Milwaukee Fri, 07/3/09 7:40 PM (permalink)
                              MilwFoodlovers

annpeeples
                              Re: Glorioso's

I agree, my friend! They also have an awesome meatball sandwich made with pepperoni, sauce and cheese.
                              Yesterday Mrs MFL and I re-visited Glorioso's I had The Human Torch described as consisting of Calabrese, Capocolla, Provolone, Hot Muffalatta olive mix & Hot Pepper Spread.
                              It was as hot as promised and tested my outer heat limits. Here's a pic I took:

Edited to add the following information.

Glorioso's
                              1020 East Brady
                              414.272.1311; 414.272.0540
                              Sun 9am-12:30pm
                              M-F 10am-5pm
                              Sat 10am-4pm

I am traditionally not a very big sub/sandwich guy as I tend to like burgers and pizza in favor. But I think I would definitely skip a lot of things for that beautiful looking specimen.

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
                                Re:The Ayersian Ultimate Roadfood Trip Comes to Milwaukee Fri, 07/3/09 7:57 PM (permalink)
                                Ayersian- I think your double format for reporting this trip is outstanding. In your BLOG, the entries are concise and stick to the travel notes and brief menu descriptions...While here the social whirl that surrounds your tour stands out, without diluting the travel info in the other entry.  Great Coverage of your Trip ! Keep It Coming!

MilwFoodlovers

Re:The Ayersian Ultimate Roadfood Trip Comes to Milwaukee Sat, 07/4/09 8:38 AM (permalink)
                                  Oscars?
                                  Is that where the Milwaukee dinner stop for the group was?

JRPfeff

• Location: Pewaukee, WI & Fuquay-Varina, NC
                                    Re:The Ayersian Ultimate Roadfood Trip Comes to Milwaukee Sat, 07/4/09 9:04 AM (permalink)
                                    No Mike, Oscar's was on Thursday.

The tour moved on towards Madison by Wednesday evening - the Digest report is here.

Jim

mar52

• Total Posts: 7605
                                      Re:The Ayersian Ultimate Roadfood Trip Comes to Milwaukee Sat, 07/4/09 1:04 PM (permalink)
                                      Just WOW!  I sure wish I could have joined and met all of you.

Then there's the food!

Think I'd like a bite of that human torch.  Don't know that I could finish it, but I'd sure like a taste!

BuddyRoadhouse

• Total Posts: 4082
                                        Re:The Ayersian Ultimate Roadfood Trip Comes to Milwaukee Sat, 07/4/09 1:56 PM (permalink)
                                        JRPfeff

The tour moved on towards Madison by Wednesday evening - the Digest report is here.

Jim
                                        Yeah, but where's Day 4, the Chicago day?  I'm feeling a little bit slighted here...

Buddy

JRPfeff

• Location: Pewaukee, WI & Fuquay-Varina, NC
                                          Re:The Ayersian Ultimate Roadfood Trip Comes to Milwaukee Sat, 07/4/09 2:01 PM (permalink)
                                          BuddyRoadhouse

JRPfeff

Jim
                                          Yeah, but where's Day 4, the Chicago day?  I'm feeling a little bit slighted here...

Buddy

That would be here, Jeff.

mayor al

• Location: Louisville area, Southern Indiana
                                            • Roadfood Insider
                                            Re:The Ayersian Ultimate Roadfood Trip Comes to Milwaukee Sat, 07/4/09 4:53 PM (permalink)
                                            Did the journey include a peek at the Corn Palace in Mitchell S  D ?? Hope So. it is folk art at it's best !!

BuddyRoadhouse

• Total Posts: 4082
                                              Re:The Ayersian Ultimate Roadfood Trip Comes to Milwaukee Sun, 07/5/09 1:13 AM (permalink)
                                              Thanks for the link Jim.  I'm more than a little disappointed that I couldn't join the fun, but I was otherwise engaged.

I'm especially interested in checking out Bobtail Ice Cream; never even heard of them!

I really do like the look of these digest reports.  Great photo lay-outs and well written text.

Congratulations to the Ayersians for a job well done.

Hope to see you next time through!

Buddy

mayor al

• Location: Louisville area, Southern Indiana
                                                • Roadfood Insider
                                                Re:The Ayersian Ultimate Roadfood Trip Comes to Milwaukee Sun, 07/5/09 11:13 AM (permalink)
                                                I have been thinking of famous traveling pairs that we could compare to these brave young Roadfooders, tripping merrily across the vast American Landscape. "Jane and Michael II" seems inappropriate !

I started with the 'Don Quixote' team, but soon that lost it's validity. Then came 'The Lone Ranger and Tonto'. But that too became invalid.  Then I came up with Clark Kent (Superman) and Lois Lane. I think I am on the right track now !!
                                                   For those of you who enjoyed Mischner's "Centennial" perhaps the central character in that historical novel...Levi Zendt and his bride would make a trekking comparison. We'll see when they reach the west coast, if they winter over in Astoria, Oregon, Perhaps the Lewis and Clark analogy will come forth !  Keep those wonderful reports coming.

ayersian

Re:The Ayersian Ultimate Roadfood Trip Comes to Milwaukee Sun, 07/5/09 8:37 PM (permalink)
                                                  Hey Al, we are stopping in Astoria, but it's more for the Goonies (an '80s film that we both grew up with) connection than anything.  And unless Superman has a growing RF gut, then that pair is out, too!    Chris

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                    Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 55 of 55

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                    • No New Messages
                                                    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                    • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                    • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                    • Read Message
                                                    • Post New Thread
                                                    • Reply to message
                                                    • Post New Poll
                                                    • Submit Vote
                                                    • Post reward post
                                                    • Delete my own posts
                                                    • Delete my own threads
                                                    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com