The Best Baked Chicken

Author
Barbarainnc
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 96
2007/08/27 21:41:31 (permalink)

The Best Baked Chicken

I ate at a local restaurant for lunch today, they had the best baked chicken. I asked the waitress what seasoning was on the chicken and she said nothing. Not happy with that answer, I saw a guy in a chef coat and went to ask him. I said the chicken was very good and what seasoning was on it. He said, you want my secrets, I smiled and said how good it was. So he gave it up!!!!! He sprinkled it with garlic salt and coarse ground black pepper and let it set overnight in the frig. When ready to bake he puts it on a sheet pan, brushes it with melted butter and puts paprika on it. Then he bakes it until done. This chicken is sooo good!!! I will ask for a recipe or how something is prepared in a heartbeat. Either they share with you or say no!!! I've been know to wait for a person to get their dish at potluck to get a recipe.I get my favorite recipes this way!!!

5 Replies Related Threads

Jimeats
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3175
    RE: The Best Baked Chicken 2007/08/28 05:27:24 (permalink)
    Here in Boston we have an upscale restarunt in the trendy south end called Hamersly's Bistro. He dose a baked chicken dish that is outstanding.
    Never thought I would spend that kind of money for a baked chicken dish in a restarunt but it was money well spent.
    I did find his recipe online and was very easy to recreate, with good results. Now only if I could nail his garlic mashed potato cakes to compliment the chicken, I'd be a happy man. Chow Jim
    ann peeples
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 8370
    RE: The Best Baked Chicken 2007/08/28 07:32:00 (permalink)
    A friend of mine from Lithuania gave me a can of seasoning called Vegeta.Basically it is a mixture of salt, dehydrated vegetables(carrot, parsnip, onion, celery,parsley) pepper and garlic.I put my chicken on a baking sheet, spray it with olive oil and sprinkle the seasoning on it.I let it sit in the fridge for 2 hours, then bring to room temp and bake.This is the best baked chicken I have ever had-and my family and friends always ask when I will be making it again.Its also excellent cold...
    roossy90
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6695
    RE: The Best Baked Chicken 2007/11/13 17:38:32 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Jimeats

Here in Boston we have an upscale restarunt in the trendy south end called Hamersly's Bistro. He dose a baked chicken dish that is outstanding.
    Never thought I would spend that kind of money for a baked chicken dish in a restarunt but it was money well spent.
    I did find his recipe online and was very easy to recreate, with good results. Now only if I could nail his garlic mashed potato cakes to compliment the chicken, I'd be a happy man. Chow Jim

Here is the recipe. I got curious myself, as I have been wanting to make chicken today, and was thinking fried, but this sounds good.
    Looks good, Jim!..
    -------------------------
    Easy Roast Chicken
    with Garlic, Lemon & Parsley

Ingredients:

1 three pound chicken
    1 cup bunch Italian parsley leaves, washed
    2 cloves peeled garlic
    1 shallot, peeled and chopped
    1/2 tablespoon mixed dried herbs
    2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
    zest of 1 lemon
    2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
    3 tablespoons olive oil
    Directions

In the bowl of a food processor, combine the parsley, garlic, shallots, herbs, mustard and pepper.
    Add the olive oil in a thin stream and process until semi-smooth and lime green in color.
    Fold in the lemon zest.
    Coat the chickens with this mixture and let marinate for about 2 hours.
    Salt and pepper the birds and place them on a roasting rack.
    Roast at 400 °F for about 1 1/4 hours or until the leg bone breaks easily.
    Let the birds rest for 20 minutes before serving.
    Carve the bird and serve with roasted potatoes and onions.

ann peeples
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 8370
    RE: The Best Baked Chicken 2007/11/13 19:30:14 (permalink)
    Yum-sounds great, Roosy!
    UncleVic
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6025
    RE: The Best Baked Chicken 2007/11/13 19:40:25 (permalink)
    I just roll my chicken in Progresso Italian bread crumbs, sprinkle a very light dusting of paprika and garlic powder, then top with grated Parmesan chez... Bake for 55 to 60 minutes.. May look burnt, but the flavor explodes when ya bite into it! Just dont over cook the bird pcs. to the point of drying them out. Juicy is the best! Only bad deal with this method is the waiting part.. 15 minutes into the bake time, the smell from the oven will make your stomach growl.

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1