The Best Bars In America

Author
leethebard
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6321
2008/03/07 18:21:47 (permalink)

The Best Bars In America

http://www.esquire.com/features/best-bars-in-america/bestbars2007

When we want to enjoy a good drink and some company in some great atmosphere,a great pub or bar is needed. Got me to thinking. Where are those places with atmosphere? In the article above,Esquire magazine gives their list of best places...been to any??? Which places would you add to the list???

6 Replies Related Threads

wanderingjew
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7921
    RE: The Best Bars In America 2008/03/07 18:37:03 (permalink)
    I've only been to two of them, and sadly neither of them were in Rhode Island or NYC.

I would add to the list any bar that "Ort" has gone to.
    leethebard
    Sirloin
    RE: The Best Bars In America 2008/03/07 18:39:07 (permalink)
    Which ones wanderingjew...and how would you rate them?
    wanderingjew
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7921
    RE: The Best Bars In America 2008/03/07 19:58:39 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by leethebard

Which ones wanderingjew...and how would you rate them?

Three Needs in Burlington VT
    It's a craft brew pub, but came off as very pubby in a "crunchy granola" kind of way. I don't recall the quality of the beer. I think I was there last in 2001 or 2002.

Tootsie's Orchard Lounge in Nashville TN-

A Honkey Tonk- the kind of place where you want to start a fight and raise some hell!
    leethebard
    Sirloin
    RE: The Best Bars In America 2008/03/07 20:00:19 (permalink)
    Thanks for the info.
    Ort. Carlton.
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3589
    RE: The Best Bars In America 2008/03/07 20:28:19 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by wanderingjew
    I would add to the list any bar that "Ort" has gone to.

Wandering,
    No, don't do that... I can't (sadly) recommend every place I've wandered into for a cold one over the years.
    But I CAN recommend the following in the Athens/Atlanta area.
    1) Trappeze -- 269 West Washington Street -- Athens. An amazing selection of 200 bottles, 30 draughts, and NO SWILL (CAPS theirs!). They ain't got no Bud Light. And very few dweebs.
    2) Copper Creek Brewing Co. -- 140 East Washington Street -- Athens. Always four home-brewed, hand-crafted beers by brewmaster Matt Buley (unless one just ran out!!). He nails every style every time. The food's plenty good, too.
    3) Euclid Avenue Yacht Club -- 1136 Euclid Avenue, N/E -- Atlanta. A righteous neighborhood bar/eatery with decent prices (for Atlanta), excellent food, and decent companions (even if you don't know 'em). My favorite drinkery/eatery in the world.
    4) Manuel's Tavern -- 602 North Highland Avenue, N/E -- Atlanta. An old stand-by (since 1956) that served me my first legal beer in Georgia: it was Ballantine India Pale Ale... and since then, I've never looked back. Atlanta's liberal Democratic (primarily) stronghold. The company's interesting (I've never been alone at the bar for long) and the drinkables selection and food are superb.
    5) Five Seasons Brewing Co. -- 5600 Roswell Road -- Atlanta. It's actually in the new city of Sandy Springs, but just south of I-285. All the home-brewed beers are excellent. The food is gourmet.
    6) Twain's Billiards & Pub -- 211 East Trinity Place -- Decatur. A good pub that added home-brewed beers fairly recently. Home of the best corned beef sandwich I've ever eaten. The other drinkables and food are as good. A most diverse clientele.
    7) The Brick Store Pub -- 125 East Court Square -- Decatur. The upstairs bar specializes in Belgian brews; the downstairs one in quality imports and domestics. Good food, too.
    That'll do for starters. I've got more topics to post on tonight, and not much time... plus, I'm getting thirsty.
    Beerlessly, Ort. Carlton in Amazing Athens, Georgia.
    leethebard
    Sirloin
    RE: The Best Bars In America 2008/03/08 00:37:42 (permalink)
    Thanks Ort.,

Great list...now I just need a reason to come down there.....
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1