The Best Burgers & Coolest Place To Eat In Atlanta

Author
ULVER
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 226
2006/11/19 19:55:39 (permalink)

The Best Burgers & Coolest Place To Eat In Atlanta

The Vortex Bar & Grille!!!

They have won every "Best Burger" award from every Atlanta publication, I can think of! The variety of burgers is amazing, as is the choice of meats and toppings. All the appetizers are meals in themselves, and the sides are very good, as well.

The atmosphere is...well, it just looks scarey, it really isn't anything but a load of fun. My mom is in her 70's, and she gets a kick out of the place!

BE SURE to check out "Rules" section, and the "Idiot Free Zone." Also, under "Menu", watch the yummy food slideshow...

Comments welcomed!!!

LINK:
http://www.thevortexbarandgrill.com/TheVortex/index.htm

3 Replies Related Threads

Adjudicator
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5065
    RE: The Best Burgers & Coolest Place To Eat In Atlanta 2006/11/19 20:09:27 (permalink)
    Greetings ULVER. I agree, The Vortex burgers are mighty tasty. The atmosphere of L5P is in general very "lively". Savage Pizza, right next door to the Vortex, is rather good also, although Mellow Mushroom has most of my votes. Let me ask you something. Last time I headed to the L5P area from downtown on Ponce De Leon, I noticed a small Cuban restaurant on the left soon after you passed over the interstate bridge. Do you know anything about that? MOST of my time in Atlanta is spent in the Stoned Mountain area, so I really don't get "downtown" that much. However, I am always looking for good eats when I come up your way.
    Oneiron339
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2075
    RE: The Best Burgers & Coolest Place To Eat In Atlanta 2006/11/20 07:14:42 (permalink)
    IMHO, the Cuban place you mention is not very good, we had a bad experience after if first opened... cold sandwiches and black beans. Looked like they didn't know what they were doing. If you want good Cuban, go to the Havana Sandwich Shop on Buford Hwy., just south of N. Druid Hills. Been there forever and usually wins the "Best of" awards. If you just want a good Cuban sandwich, there is a grocery on 14th St., just west of GA Tech.
    ULVER
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 226
    RE: The Best Burgers & Coolest Place To Eat In Atlanta 2006/11/20 18:56:10 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Adjudicator

Greetings ULVER. I agree, The Vortex burgers are mighty tasty. The atmosphere of L5P is in general very "lively". Savage Pizza, right next door to the Vortex, is rather good also, although Mellow Mushroom has most of my votes. Let me ask you something. Last time I headed to the L5P area from downtown on Ponce De Leon, I noticed a small Cuban restaurant on the left soon after you passed over the interstate bridge. Do you know anything about that? MOST of my time in Atlanta is spent in the Stoned Mountain area, so I really don't get "downtown" that much. However, I am always looking for good eats when I come up your way.

I haven't been to that Cuban restaurant, but I really think "La Fonda" does a good job. The one in L5P's is gone, but I hit the one just south of Buckhead on Peachtree Rd. a lot. Very good and consistant. Cheap, but good quality fare.

If you are mostly in the Stone Mountain area, I know a couple places, in the Snellville/Loganville area. For seafood "Fisherman's Catch" on 78 in Snellville, is a local favorite for seafood. A family run, family friendly, mom & pop operation. For some really great country meat & veggies, continue on 78 to Loganville, and try "Kellie's Home Cooking." The place is always packed, and the veggies are fresh. Lots of country music stars make the trip, when in Atlanta. The autographed pictures on the wall prove it.

As for burgers in Atlanta, after The Vortex, I really like the ones at "The Highlander" on Monroe Dr., and also "The Downwind" at Peachtree-Dekalb Airport. "The Downwind" overlooks the runway, and makes for a nice evening. They HAVE to be the biggest burgers in the city!
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1