Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

The Best Condiments

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 30 of 38
Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17850
The Best Condiments Sun, 01/29/06 3:33 PM (permalink)
Arby's has the best mayonnaise. Even TJ and Chezkatie think it's the greatest. Some people prefer Arby's horseysauce, but for me it's all about the mayonnaise.

Greymo

• Total Posts: 3667
    RE: The Best Condiments Sun, 01/29/06 3:49 PM (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Michael Hoffman

Arby's has the best mayonnaise. Even TJ and Chezkatie think it's the greatest. Some people prefer Arby's horseysauce, but for me it's all about the mayonnaise.

In my humble opinion, all three of your are nuts. Everyone knows that Arby's horseysauce is better than mayo or Ranch dressing or even ketchup.

skylar0ne

• Total Posts: 473
      RE: The Best Condiments Sun, 01/29/06 5:38 PM (permalink)
      Ilike to put a mixture of the horsey sauce AND the BBQ sauce on a plain roast beef sandwich.

BT

• Total Posts: 3589
        RE: The Best Condiments Sun, 01/29/06 6:13 PM (permalink)
        When it comes to Arby's, I mix equal generous portions of Arby sauce and Horsey Sauce on the roast beef. But Arby's doesn't have my nominee for the condiment hall of fame. It's the onion ring sauce at Burger King.

Shouldn't this thread be under "chains" or did you not intend it to be about chain condiments even though you started it by mentioning one?

If we can go beyond the offerings of chain restaurants, I'll also mention Tonkatsu sauce which I love to slather on the breaded pork cutlets for which it is intended.

ScreenBear

• Total Posts: 1504
          RE: The Best Condiments Sun, 01/29/06 6:32 PM (permalink)
          I never tried the regular mayo. However, the horsey sauce used to be part of a ritual years ago which I and a best friend ( a rock 'n' roll star now sadly deceased) partook in whenever we went to NYC, most often to Greenwich Village, or maybe up a bit to Max's Kansas City.

In the early 1970s, there was an Arby's just outside the Holland Tunnel on the Jersey side in Hoboken. And before going into the city, we'd inevitably stop and have roast beef sandwiches with lots of horsey sauce on them...sort of get ready for the night.
          The Bear

jeepguy

• Total Posts: 1555
            RE: The Best Condiments Sun, 01/29/06 7:38 PM (permalink)
            quote:
            Originally posted by BT

When it comes to Arby's, I mix equal generous portions of Arby sauce and Horsey Sauce on the roast beef. But Arby's doesn't have my nominee for the condiment hall of fame. It's the onion ring sauce at Burger King.

Shouldn't this thread be under "chains" or did you not intend it to be about chain condiments even though you started it by mentioning one?

If we can go beyond the offerings of chain restaurants, I'll also mention Tonkatsu sauce which I love to slather on the breaded pork cutlets for which it is intended.
            He's just trolling again...

BT

RE: The Best Condiments Sun, 01/29/06 9:44 PM (permalink)
              quote:
              Originally posted by ScreenBear

In the early 1970s, there was an Arby's just outside the Holland Tunnel on the Jersey side in Hoboken. And before going into the city, we'd inevitably stop and have roast beef sandwiches with lots of horsey sauce on them...sort of get ready for the night.
              The Bear

Yeah, but that would have been when Arby's had real carved-to-order steamship rounds of beef, not the pressed/formed stuff of today, wouldn't it? I'm not sure about the 70's but in the early 60's my dad used to take me to an Arby's near Baltimore that had really delicious, juicy genuine roast beef (no sauce necessary).

ScreenBear

• Total Posts: 1504
                RE: The Best Condiments Sun, 01/29/06 9:54 PM (permalink)
                BT,
                It might have already been the pressed stuff. It was sliced very thin, but tasted quite good.
                The Bear
                P.S.--With what do you bread your pork chops?

Greymo

• Total Posts: 3667
                  RE: The Best Condiments Sun, 01/29/06 10:46 PM (permalink)
                  quote:

BT,
                  It might have already been the pressed stuff. It was sliced very thin, but tasted quite good.
                  The Bear
                  P.S.--With what do you bread your pork chops?

I dip mine in
                  Ass Kickin' Mustard with Habanero and then press panko crumbs on them and fry them.............excellent and a real bite!

BT

RE: The Best Condiments Mon, 01/30/06 12:09 AM (permalink)
                    quote:

With what do you bread your pork chops?

Standard prep: Flour 'em, dip in egg wash (though lately I'm experimenting with "Egg Beaters"), dredge in breadcrumbs. I usually pan fry 'em but rarely I deep fry 'em. Whatever seems easiest at the time.

Nothing fancy in the breading, Greymo, because I really like the Tonkatsu sauce on 'em and it wouldn't go with an intensely flavored breading.

By the way, my supermarket sells "thin cut" boneless loin chops which work perfectly and they are often on sale.

AndreaB

• Total Posts: 1303
                      RE: The Best Condiments Fri, 02/3/06 7:10 AM (permalink)
                      I never get the mayonaisse at Arby's, but a beef and cheddar drenched in Arby's sauce does well when one's in a hurry. They'd be better if they put sauteed onions on them though. Ha ha!

Andrea

laststandchili

• Total Posts: 177
                        RE: The Best Condiments Fri, 02/3/06 9:02 AM (permalink)
                        This doesn't have anything to do with Arbys, but I recently found a muffalata spread at my Giant in Annapolis. Basically just an olive relish, a little spice, but not really comparable to what you'd get in NOLA, it does nice things for sandwiches and dogs though. Don't recall the brand, but I'll check if anyones interested.
                        As for Arby's, I'm a BBQ/Horsey sauce guy.

Vayo con Queso

roossy90

• Total Posts: 6695
                          RE: The Best Condiments Fri, 02/3/06 1:43 PM (permalink)
                          I always sneak a few extra horsey sauce to put in my home made coleslaw!
                          Zing!

TJ Jackson

• Total Posts: 4486
                            RE: The Best Condiments Fri, 02/3/06 2:01 PM (permalink)
                            Err, uh,
                            quote:
                            Originally posted by Michael Hoffman

Arby's has the best mayonnaise. Even TJ and Chezkatie think it's the greatest.

ugh. :-)

NO!!!

Mayonnaise (and every time I write that word, the drill sergeant scenes from "An Officer and a Gentleman" roll through my head) is a foul, horrid concoction. Pure spreadable nastiness. Feel free to quote me on that :-)

No matter who serves it, Arby's or otherwise.

mbrookes

• Total Posts: 1350
                              RE: The Best Condiments Fri, 02/3/06 2:23 PM (permalink)
                              Have y'all tried the Tabasco brand mayonaise? It's just a bit spicey... great on turkey, ham or roast beast sandwhiches. I can hardly wait to try it on garder tomatoes!

dreamzpainter

• Total Posts: 1609
                                RE: The Best Condiments Mon, 02/6/06 11:59 AM (permalink)
                                the crisper drawer of the frig is full of various ff condiment packs.. (emergency ketchup supply) TB fire sauce or Arbys horsie sauce always perk up a sammich. Altough not anything like real horseradish the horsiesauce adds a little zip plain mayo or mw just dont have

Old No.7 Brand

• Total Posts: 26
                                  RE: The Best Condiments Mon, 02/6/06 3:47 PM (permalink)
                                  Horseradish, one of my favourites. Absolutely love the stuff, it has such a great texture.

You keep your Ketchup in the fridge dreamzpainter?

Scorereader

• Total Posts: 5546
                                    RE: The Best Condiments Mon, 02/6/06 4:05 PM (permalink)
                                    My favorite sandwich condiment is Nance's Sharp and Creamy Mustard.

BearHit

• Total Posts: 57
                                      RE: The Best Condiments Tue, 02/7/06 6:48 AM (permalink)
                                      Mbrookes...

I ordered 2 jars of McIlhenny's hot mayo - very good!

Kraft evidently discontinued their spicy Mayo.

Lots of tasty sauces on the Tabasco site!

Poopy

• Total Posts: 101
                                        RE: The Best Condiments Fri, 02/10/06 5:53 PM (permalink)
                                        I really like to mix Arby sauce and ketchup and put it on their potato cakes. Also, I love Taco Bell's fire sauce, Wendy's sweat and sour sauce and Taco Tico's green chile (not all mixed together)

TJ Jackson

• Total Posts: 4486
                                          RE: The Best Condiments Fri, 02/10/06 6:57 PM (permalink)
                                          quote:
                                          Originally posted by Poopy

Wendy's sweat and sour sauce

That just doesn't sound good at all :-)

Is it really Wendy's own sweat? She's all grown up now, you know.....

Pwingsx

• Total Posts: 2170
                                            • Location: Somewhere in time...and Colorado
                                            RE: The Best Condiments Fri, 02/10/06 6:58 PM (permalink)
                                            sweat and sour?

{{{{{shudder}}}}}

johnnymolson

• Total Posts: 90
                                              • Location: Brockville, Ontario, XX
                                              • Roadfood Insider
                                              RE: The Best Condiments Sun, 02/12/06 5:14 AM (permalink)
                                              I prefer the Horsey sauce: I like to use three packages on a Giant Roast Beef sandwich. I put two packages worth on the top bun, close it up, then flip it to put a package worth on the bottom of the sandwich...ensuring uniform Horsey flavor with every bite. MMMM!

jeepguy

• Total Posts: 1555
                                                RE: The Best Condiments Sun, 02/12/06 7:29 AM (permalink)
                                                Sounds like a few fast-food franchise lovers here...[:o) Trader Joe's "another chain" sells a small jar of Sweet/Hot Mustard which is so good you could eat it with a spoon.

phatphil

• Total Posts: 668
                                                  RE: The Best Condiments Sun, 02/12/06 5:06 PM (permalink)
                                                  i grew up in skokie illinois and our arbys at first in the early 70s had roasts in a glass case dripping hot and would grab one and slice it in front of you for a sanwich, not any more

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17850
                                                    RE: The Best Condiments Sun, 02/12/06 5:13 PM (permalink)
                                                    Trader Joe's also sells a roasted red pepper spread that I have eaten with a spoon.

roossy90

• Total Posts: 6695
                                                      RE: The Best Condiments Sun, 02/12/06 5:15 PM (permalink)
                                                      I wouldnt classify this as a condiment, but I do use it on my sub's.
                                                      Tuscan Sun Hot and Spicy Garlic Oil..
                                                      http://www.chefjohnny.com/Tuscan-Sun-Oil.html
                                                      Click the link for some good recipe's also.
                                                      I noticed on the web site, they want $6.99 for a bottle, I get them at the local Christmas Tree Shops for $2.99. I am going to stock up on them before leaving Maine.

UncleVic

• Total Posts: 6025
                                                        • Location: West Palm Beach, FL
                                                        • Roadfood Insider
                                                        RE: The Best Condiments Mon, 02/13/06 12:16 AM (permalink)
                                                        quote:
                                                        Originally posted by roossy90

I noticed on the web site, they want $6.99 for a bottle, I get them at the local Christmas Tree Shops for $2.99. I am going to stock up on them before leaving Maine.

Wow, I thought all them Christmas Tree places where gone for the year a couple months ago... Huh... Must have something good going on there in Maine!

Poopy

• Total Posts: 101
                                                          • Location: Wichita, KS
                                                          RE: The Best Condiments Mon, 02/13/06 9:47 AM (permalink)
                                                          quote:
                                                          Originally posted by Pwingsx

sweat and sour?

{{{{{shudder}}}}}

oops, I meant Sweet....I have never tried their sweat.

Pwingsx

• Total Posts: 2170
                                                            • Location: Somewhere in time...and Colorado
                                                            RE: The Best Condiments Mon, 02/13/06 3:50 PM (permalink)
                                                            Sorry, I couldn't resist that. I have a very literal sense of humor. I used to have a boss who insisted that people would 'literally give me ****'. I would come unglued over that (but not LITERALLY).

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 30 of 38

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com