The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

The Best Selling Condiments in America!

Foodbme

• Total Posts: 9543
The Best Selling Condiments in America! Sat, 07/2/11 9:51 PM (permalink)
highlandmurf's thread on "Types of Mustard" under the Professional Hot Dog Vendors Forum got me thinkin' and we all know how dangerous that can be! I wondered where the various categories of condiments ranked in the total scheme of things. That Damn Internet that Al Gore invented has EVERYTHING you ever need to know on it.
(WalMart and Private Label Brands figures are not included in the report. WalMart doesn't tell anyone anything!)
  1. I learned the #1 Condiment is--------Hellmann’s Mayonnaise! Over 114,500,000 units sold for $401,204,800. Hellmann’s accounted for 31.8 percent of the nearly $1.3 billion U.S. mayonnaise market. We spend $1.3 BILLION on Mayo???????
  2. There's no Recession!
  3. To my Surprise, Tostitos Salsa is #2! And it accounts for 37 percent of the $764 million salsa market. We spend $764 MILLION on Salsa???????? 
  4. There's no recession!
  5. 3 brands of Mayo- Hellman's, Best Foods, Kraft + Miracle Whip, Heinz Ketchup, and Tostitos Salsa outsold the first Mustard Entry, at No. 7 French’s Classic Mustard!
  6. Today, the best-selling mustard, French’s Classic, accounts for 26 percent of the $335 million U.S. mustard market! We spend $335 MILLION on Mustard?????
  7. There's no Recession!
  8. Heinz Ketchup dominates the $481 million U.S. ketchup market, with nearly 60 percent of total sales! We spend $481 MILLION on Ketchup??????? AND True Roadfooders don't put Ketchup on Hot Dogs! Ketchup outsells Mustard by $146 Million without RF'ers help!
  9. There's no Recession!
  10. REMEMBER, these #'s don't include WalMart & Private Brands Sales.
  11. There's no Recession!
Here's the article for your reading pleasure!
http://images.businessweek.com/ss/10/10/1007_bestselling_condiments/1.htm
<message edited by Foodbme on Sat, 07/2/11 10:24 PM>

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com