The Best Tiramisu

Author
Mags81
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 84
2003/10/09 22:35:32 (permalink)

The Best Tiramisu

There are a lot of different ways that this dessert is prepared. I personally think it's the best when is made/served in a plastic cup. Usually you'll find it make with Lady fingers or sometimes even made like a sheet cake. When it's served in a cup it's usually very moist and creamy. The best I've ever is at a small Italian restaruant named Napolies in Hollywood, Florida. It's the absolute best!! I get it whenever I can and still have yet to find it come as good as it does at Napolies. I was curious to know if anyone knows of a restaurant that makes it really good, and if so, how do they make it?

1 Reply Related Threads

EliseT
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2876
    RE: The Best Tiramisu 2003/10/11 04:42:35 (permalink)
    John Tarantino's in San Diego has the best! I asked for the recipe, and was told the pastry chef was out. I got a card and tried calling repeatedly once I got back home. I got the run-around every time. Finally, in desperation, I called and asked for John Tarantino. Not only is he a real person, he sat on the phone with me and patiently explained their recipe step by step. What a guy! The secret is mixing equal parts Kahlua and Sambuca for the ladyfinger dip. In spite of Sambuca's distinct licorice taste, you can't even tell that's what it is. I also think using quality marscapone, and letting it all soak long enough, are important.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1