The Big R Burger

Author
bubba shrimp
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 3
2004/08/09 20:45:56 (permalink)

The Big R Burger

Seeing the thread on the Yumbo reminded me of a sandwich at Roy Rogers called the Big R. It was a hamburger topped with sliced ham and was very good. I found it on Lee Road in Orlando, FL several years ago, but haven't seen the Big R or the Roy Rogers in a long while.

4 Replies Related Threads

Tony Bad
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 5117
    RE: The Big R Burger 2004/08/09 21:00:44 (permalink)
    Wasn't it called a Double R Bar Burger? That was a good burger!!

All the Roy's closed around where I live, except for a few independent shops that still remain. Roy's was one of the better fast food options.
    bubba shrimp
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 3
    RE: The Big R Burger 2004/08/10 01:03:22 (permalink)
    Maybe it was a Double R. It's been a while. I just remember it was darned good.
    Wallyum
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 627
    RE: The Big R Burger 2004/08/10 01:32:37 (permalink)
    It is the Double R and it's still the best fast food burger I've ever eaten. It isn't exactly the same, but it's still close enough. Several of the small town bar and grill types in the area have a version of it on their menu.
    We have exactly ONE Roy Roger's left in the Cincinnati area, but they're still around up in the northeast. One of my friends once mentioned that NYC is apparently littered with them. (Or was. That was back when he was still married.) It's still a big treat for my kids and I when my wife has to work late. (Hey, she has a safety seminar tonight! I'm thinking Double R, Apple Cheese Crisp and a big roast beef sandwich. I'll be a hero to my son again!)
    pbk917
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 4
    RE: The Big R Burger 2004/08/16 16:27:48 (permalink)
    The Double R Burger was without a doubt my all time favorite fast food burger. Roy Rogers also did a nice job with their roast beef w/cheese. Unfortunately they are very hard to come by in the NY/NJ area. 1 or 2 turnpike rest stops still have a Roy's in them, but I stay away from the turnpike food concessions.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1