The Bisbee Breakfast Club has arrived in Mesa AZ

Author
Foodbme
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10250
2014/03/03 16:25:05 (permalink)

The Bisbee Breakfast Club has arrived in Mesa AZ

There's a number of posts on Roadfood about the Bisbee Breakfast Club in Bisbee AZ.
Well folks, they've arrived in Mesa AZ!
http://bisbeebreakfastclub.com/locations/mesa
They also have a place in Tucson.
The web site says they were opening on 2/28 but when I drove by today it looked like they were still working on it.
They're at the SE Corner of Dobson Rd. & Guadalupe Rd. in SW Mesa within 50 FEET of the Cornish Pasty Company!
http://www.cornishpastyco.com/
You can hit both places from one parking spot!
BOTH are worthy of a visit!
I'll keep my eye on the BBC and report back.

10 Replies Related Threads

Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    Re:The Bisbee Breakfast Club has arrived in Mesa AZ 2014/03/03 19:47:44 (permalink)
    I just called them and they ARE open !
    Looking at their menu----- Can't wait!
    Can't decide---Crazy Burro or made-in-house Corned Beef Hash or Potato Pancakes or the Chicken Fried Steak!!!
    EdSails
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4009
    Re:The Bisbee Breakfast Club has arrived in Mesa AZ 2014/03/03 20:06:32 (permalink)
    BBC menu looks good. I could go for a Gooey Louie!

The menu at the Cornish Pasty Co. looks really good, but I've never seen prices for pastys priced as high as that. Are they huge or ?
    buffetbuster
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10279
    Re:The Bisbee Breakfast Club has arrived in Mesa AZ 2014/03/03 20:25:30 (permalink)
    Foodbme-
    We drove down to Bisbee and ate at the original location and enjoyed it very much.  The pies aren't too shabby, either!

If you go, please give us a full report!
    Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 18426
    Re:The Bisbee Breakfast Club has arrived in Mesa AZ 2014/03/03 20:31:32 (permalink)
    That breakfast menu is interesting. But I agree with Ed. The pasty prices are ridiculous.
    Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    Re:The Bisbee Breakfast Club has arrived in Mesa AZ 2014/03/04 02:06:39 (permalink)
    EdSails
    The menu at the Cornish Pasty Co. looks really good, but I've never seen prices for pastys priced as high as that. Are they huge or ?

I've had them several times and they are a good size and filled with good quality ingredients and a nice pastry.
    When you're the only act in town, you can charge a little more I guess.
    The original location in Tempe is a Stale Beer smelling grunge bar catering to ASU students. The one in Mesa is newer & nice with nice outdoor seating.   
    EdSails
    Filet Mignon
    Re:The Bisbee Breakfast Club has arrived in Mesa AZ 2014/03/04 11:30:08 (permalink)
    Foodbme

EdSails

I've had them several times and they are a good size and filled with good quality ingredients and a nice pastry.
    When you're the only act in town, you can charge a little more I guess.
    The original location in Tempe is a Stale Beer smelling grunge bar catering to ASU students. The one in Mesa is newer & nice with nice outdoor seating.   

I figured they must be both to get away with the prices. Pasty Kitchen here is a large pasty for$2.98, but looks like CPC has much wider variety and atmosphere. I will have to stop next time I'm near Mesa.
    kaszeta
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 681
    Re:The Bisbee Breakfast Club has arrived in Mesa AZ 2014/03/04 14:19:08 (permalink)
    Foodbme
    They're at the SE Corner of Dobson Rd. & Guadalupe Rd. in SW Mesa within 50 FEET of the Cornish Pasty Company!

That alone will get me to visit them.  Cornish Pasty Company is a nice 15 minute walk from my parents' place.
    kaszeta
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 681
    Re:The Bisbee Breakfast Club has arrived in Mesa AZ 2014/03/04 14:23:01 (permalink)
    EdSails
    I figured they must be both to get away with the prices. Pasty Kitchen here is a large pasty for$2.98, but looks like CPC has much wider variety and atmosphere. I will have to stop next time I'm near Mesa.

Are you talking about Pasty Kitchen on Katella?  I pass that place all the time when I have to do client visits in Cypress, CA, and keep meaning to stop.  Any good?

I rather like the CPC, and they even get begrudging acceptance from my Cornish sister-in-law, who is generally dismissive of most attempts at pasties (including, irritatingly, those of the Upper Peninsula in Michigan.... even though she's never had them).
    EdSails
    Filet Mignon
    Re:The Bisbee Breakfast Club has arrived in Mesa AZ 2014/03/04 14:45:24 (permalink)
    kaszeta

EdSails

Are you talking about Pasty Kitchen on Katella?  I pass that place all the time when I have to do client visits in Cypress, CA, and keep meaning to stop.  Any good?

I rather like the CPC, and they even get begrudging acceptance from my Cornish sister-in-law, who is generally dismissive of most attempts at pasties (including, irritatingly, those of the Upper Peninsula in Michigan.... even though she's never had them).

I've been going there for many years. It's very simple-----beef, veggie and a fruit pasty. I usually have problems making it through two. Very simple filling. They are served hot out of the oven. Well worth the extra 35 cents for a container of gravy to dip/top with. I used to live 3 minutes from there and it was perfect on the way home when I didn't feel like cooking. Two beef, a veggie and a dessert pasty such as apple and we had the perfect meal!
    post edited by EdSails - 2014/03/04 18:05:25
    Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    Re:The Bisbee Breakfast Club has arrived in Mesa AZ 2014/03/04 17:35:15 (permalink)
    Just had Breakfast @ BBC  today.
    First the décor - Very nice! The 2-3 failed restaurants that were there previously were dark & outdated.
    BBC completely gutted the place, lightened it up, new floors & ceiling, new lighting and floor to ceiling windows. 
    It looks very nice and comfortable with a 25 seat bar that looks into an open kitchen as well as 20-25 tables
    Got there about 1 PM.
    Maybe 15 customers in the place but the Waitperson said they had a big lunch crowd.
    The staff is young and obviously lacks experience but was trying hard.
    Checked on me often and kept my coffee cup full all the time.
    The kitchen was a little slow but I'll cut them some slack since they've just been open a week & 1/2.
    Had House-made Corned Beef Hash, Eggs OE, Home Fries & a Biscuit.
    I use Corned Beef Hash as my standard for measuring a new place.
    It was definitely House-made. Slices of corned beef that had been chunked up along with some smashed potatoes and a little onion, no peppers which was ok with me.
    The meat was a little chewy and could have been cooked longer. I like the corned beef shredded.
    The Home Fries were good. Soft on the inside & crispy/crunchy on the outside.
    Could have used a little more onion.
    The Biscuit was fresh baked, good size, great taste and served hot with lots of REAL butter.
    Overall, I give them a 7 out of 10 with a very good chance they will move up to a 8-9 with a little time and experience.
    I saw several other dishes coming out and they looked good especially the CFS. I'll try that next time. 
    post edited by Foodbme - 2014/03/04 17:36:59
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1