The Contingent Could Have A Private Party At Burt's Place!

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 7
Author
BuddyRoadhouse
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4275
Re:The Contingent Could Have A Private Party At Burt's Place! 2010/09/20 00:40:47 (permalink)
stricken_detective and other interested parties,
All the veggies, other than the olives, are fresh.  In fact, we've recently had numerous experienced hot pepper eaters who were overwhelmed by the fresh jalapenos.  I know we have some folks who like that sort of thing and others who like a little heat but not too much.  I'll make sure we order at least one pizza with the fresh banana peppers which are not quite as powerful as the jalapenos.

The jalapeno poppers are a very good institutional brand and are not nearly as hot as the fresh ones served on the pizza.  They are filled with cream cheese.  The biggest draw for the poppers is that they are served with a side of warmed up Roadhouse Texas Tango Bar-B-Que Sauce for dipping!  Two poppers per order, $1.95.

The onion rings are also of the institutional variety, but still quite good.  An order will easily feed 4-5 people, approximately four rings each.

Keep the questions coming folks.  I'm working on the first draft of the pizza order to be presented for your approval and comments.  Keep watching this space as things develop.

Buddy
BuddyRoadhouse
Filet Mignon
Re:The Contingent Could Have A Private Party At Burt's Place! 2010/09/20 01:09:26 (permalink)
Quick update:
I've started compiling the order and realized that many of you have not stated any ingredient preference.  You can do that publicly, here on the thread, or send me a PM with your choices.  You can see the choices by using the link in my initial post on page one of the thread and then clicking on the thumbnail menus.

Also, I think there will be enough pizzas so that if you'd like more than one combination we can make that happen.  Tell me what you like folks.  All the pizzas will be pre-ordered and I want everyone to be happy.  So tell me what pizza toppings are going to send you to heaven!

Buddy
Pie Diva
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 62
Re:The Contingent Could Have A Private Party At Burt's Place! 2010/09/20 08:44:51 (permalink)
I really don't care for the peppers or chiles or olives, but any other combo is fine. Thanx!
MilwFoodlovers
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3160
Re:The Contingent Could Have A Private Party At Burt's Place! 2010/09/20 17:02:47 (permalink)
No fixed price works for us.
1 large cheese, sausage, mushroom, onion, pepperoni. We will not share as we will be taking our 4 leftover pieces home with us for lunch on Monday. We probably will have beer but I'm sure you don't need to know which kind.
BuddyRoadhouse
Filet Mignon
Re:The Contingent Could Have A Private Party At Burt's Place! 2010/09/20 17:39:16 (permalink)
You could also order a separate pizza to take home with you.  There is at least one other Contingent member who has requested this.  The pizza would be made closer to the time the party will end and then be wrapped securely in foil.  It would be on a separate check and would not affect the main check which, I'm assuming, will be split by the group.

In regard to the check, my plan was to put all the food; pizza, apps, salads (since we tend to share anyway) on one check, and then put the drinks (because some will be drinking soft drinks, others will have alcohol) on separate individual checks.

If anyone objects to this method, or if you have a better idea as to how to split it up, please don't hesitate to let me know either through the thread or a PM.
post edited by BuddyRoadhouse - 2010/09/20 17:40:51
MilwFoodlovers
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3160
Re:The Contingent Could Have A Private Party At Burt's Place! 2010/09/20 19:56:04 (permalink)
I have no interest in poppers, salads or frozen onion rings (no matter how good). Keep my bill separate please if possible.
I can pay up front or however you'd like. It's funny, I could care less over canned vs fresh mushrooms but no frozen onion rings for me. Sorry. I see the charm of sharing different flavors of  pizza but I don't see how that is possible for us.
Looking forward to this Sunday (and the Monday Night battle in the Big Bed Pan).
BuddyRoadhouse
Filet Mignon
Re:The Contingent Could Have A Private Party At Burt's Place! 2010/09/21 01:24:35 (permalink)
Okay, I've sweated over this and hope that I've come up with the right combinations.  All pizzas are large sized (14" diameter) unless otherwise noted.  All the pizzas will have eight pieces.  All pizzas automatically come with a single layer of cheese (which I think is enough in most cases, but I'm happy to change to Double Cheese if enough people want it that way).  Look over the list and let me know if I've missed you're favorite combo:

Edited Menu:
Pizza #1:
Double Cheese on the whole pizza
1/2 Pepperoni
      Onion

Pizza #2:
Double Sausage on the whole pizza
1/2 Mixed Bell Peppers
      Black Olive
      Banana Pepper (not quite as hot as the jalapeno)

Pizza #3:
Sausage on the whole pizza
Pepperoni on the whole pizza
1/2 Mushroom

Pizza #4:
Mushroom on the whole pizza
1/2 Garlic
1/2 Onion
      Banana Pepper

Pizza #5:
Spinach
Tomato
Mushroom
Garlic
Light Onion
Light Tomato Sauce 

Pizza #6:
Pepperoni
Mushroom
Garlic

Pizza #7:
Sausage
Pepperoni
Mushroom
1/2 Black Olive
1/2 Onion

MilwFoodlovers Pizza:
Sausage
Pepperoni
Mushroom
Onion

Pizza #8 (irisarbor Pizza, XX-L):
Double Cheese
Sausage
Mixed Bell Peppers
(Light  Tomato Sauce)

HelloDriver Pizza (To Go):
Sausage
Mushroom
Black Olive

This is just a first attempt at working out the order.  Don't panic if you don't see your choices.  Nothing has been ordered yet and I can always adjust to fit people's tastes.  Give me your feedback folks.

Also, if you do want salads, garlic bread, apps; let me know when you reply regarding the pizza order.

Buddy
post edited by BuddyRoadhouse - 2010/09/24 01:26:32
Gyp
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 157
Re:The Contingent Could Have A Private Party At Burt's Place! 2010/09/21 05:49:55 (permalink)
I'm fine with all that. I can just eat whatever I want off of #1-7 right?

stricken_detective, if you could meet me at my apartment that would be great. Its close to I-94 and easy to find. I'll send you the directions and the time. I think if we leave MilwFoodlovers around 10 we should be OK. Unless anybody wants to stop somewhere on the way. 
ChiTownDiner
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 2986
Re:The Contingent Could Have A Private Party At Burt's Place! 2010/09/21 09:40:28 (permalink)
One look at this menu...and I'm checking out helicoptors...will Burt pick me up?

My personal burt favorite...Sausage, Spinach, Mushrooms, Garlic!  I'll dream...or if we're making good time, I'll call in a to go order!!!
stricken_detective
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2330
Re:The Contingent Could Have A Private Party At Burt's Place! 2010/09/21 14:01:04 (permalink)
BuddyRoadhouse

Pizza #1:
Double Cheese
(I put this in because I believe there is a certain simplicity and purity to a plain cheese pizza that I think folks will enjoy.  If I'm wrong, don't be afraid to say so and I'll substitute something more complicated)

You are wrong. I don't know of anyone in our group who would eat a plain cheese pizza.

Now, If *I* am wrong, speak up, people!!!

Pizza #5, can we get light tomato sauce as well? & maybe easy on the onion? If not, it's ok. I just thought tomato sauce + tomatoes is going to give my Nexium a workout!

irisarbor
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 610
Re:The Contingent Could Have A Private Party At Burt's Place! 2010/09/21 14:22:10 (permalink)
We will share ours , and may taste the communal pies as well...
(and plain cheese is OK by me)

BuddyRoadhouse
Filet Mignon
Re:The Contingent Could Have A Private Party At Burt's Place! 2010/09/21 14:34:52 (permalink)
stricken_detective and others,

I have no problem changing the Cheese Pizza to something else.  For now I'm going to leave it as is to see what the consensus is regrading that particular pie.  Speak up folks--any interest in plain cheese just so you can experience the essence of Burt's pizza without any toppings cluttering up the top?  Or should we construct another all veggie pie?

Remember, the concept here is that you can jump around from pie to pie, trying different combinations.  You're not limited to sticking with the ingredients you asked for initially.  I tried to put together ingredient combos that would satisfy more than one person and let everyone experience different flavors.

Which should answer Gyp's question, yes you absolutely can try anything on pizzas #1-7.  Also, irisarbor has expressed a desire to share their pizza as well.

So far, PM reaction to the menu has been pretty positive.  But if you're unhappy or not sure about being able to enjoy at least one or two of these pies, please let me know and we'll adjust accordingly.

Buddy

P.S. You may have noticed that HelloDriver has ordered an additional pizza to take with at the end of the day.  Anyone interested in that option should let me know and I will make sure that Burt gets that order as well.

B.
post edited by BuddyRoadhouse - 2010/09/21 14:45:39
CajunKing
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6449
Re:The Contingent Could Have A Private Party At Burt's Place! 2010/09/21 15:38:04 (permalink)
Buddy

You are making me drool with that list of pizzas.  WOW what a beautiful selection.
X1
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 943
Re:The Contingent Could Have A Private Party At Burt's Place! 2010/09/21 17:08:52 (permalink)
I can find something off the 1-7 list, easy.
I would eat a slice of plain cheese, but if it's not an option (if it gets changed), I'm fine with that, too. As I said, I can find 2 slices I like very easily.

abe_froeman
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 707
Re:The Contingent Could Have A Private Party At Burt's Place! 2010/09/21 17:22:46 (permalink)
I'd be interested to see what a plain cheese tastes like from Burt's, but not enough to warrant a whole pie of it.  

One of my favorite combinations on a thin crust when I'm in the mood for something simple is pepperoni and onion.  I wouldn't mind trying that on one of Burt's pizzas.  But only if you can work that in somewhere (maybe just a half somewhere) and if others would be interested.
ChuckL50
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 69
Re:The Contingent Could Have A Private Party At Burt's Place! 2010/09/21 17:47:46 (permalink)
I should not have read this thread over again at 4:45 p.m. I am now beyond hungry....
Buddy all that you've picked so far look great! Can't wait.
BuddyRoadhouse
Filet Mignon
Re:The Contingent Could Have A Private Party At Burt's Place! 2010/09/21 18:25:26 (permalink)
X1

I can find something off the 1-7 list, easy.
I would eat a slice of plain cheese, but if it's not an option (if it gets changed), I'm fine with that, too. As I said, I can find 2 slices I like very easily.

Actually, based on the number of pizzas I've listed, you could try three or maybe more different pies (remember, I can always cut half slices for you as well).  That's assuming you didn't start with salad, garlic bread, etc.  Anything left over can be wrapped up for whoever wants to take some home.

I'll work out an approximate per head price for all of this, excluding drinks and extras, and post that information tonight.

Buddy
living4funwi
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 18
Re:The Contingent Could Have A Private Party At Burt's Place! 2010/09/21 18:29:07 (permalink)
You made a wonderful list of pizzas. I'm partial to # 5 but I think I could be happy with any of the selections. Thanks for your efforts!!!
BuddyRoadhouse
Filet Mignon
Re:The Contingent Could Have A Private Party At Burt's Place! 2010/09/21 23:42:51 (permalink)
irisarbor has decided to open her family's pizza up to the group as long as they get first crack at it.  So, to make sure they get theirs and others can sample it as well, I've taken the liberty of increasing the size to an XX-Large.  They will also now be sampling some of the other offerings and contributing to the group check.  Those changes are reflected below:

As of right now, the per head cost for pizzas #1-8, for those who are wanting to share them (23 people right now), will be $7.60 (lowered the price by a buck a head!), including tax.  Drinks (soft drinks, beer, or wine), salads, garlic bread, apps will be added on to that number accordingly.

The "special request" and "to go" pizzas will be billed separately.

Buddy
post edited by BuddyRoadhouse - 2010/09/22 15:16:04
joerogo
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4544
Re:The Contingent Could Have A Private Party At Burt's Place! 2010/09/22 01:22:49 (permalink)
Hey Buddy, What a deal.  This is so cheap, it may pay for me top fly out there.  Again, great job.
BuddyRoadhouse
Filet Mignon
Re:The Contingent Could Have A Private Party At Burt's Place! 2010/09/22 12:34:59 (permalink)
To all interested parties,
Based on some PM and public requests, I've made some subtle changes to the pizza menu up in post #67.

Keep the comments coming folks.  It's still easy to make changes at this point.

Buddy
Pie Diva
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 62
Re:The Contingent Could Have A Private Party At Burt's Place! 2010/09/22 19:40:32 (permalink)
ChuckL50 please let me know what time to meet you at the College Ave park and ride. Thanx.
BuddyRoadhouse
Filet Mignon
Re:The Contingent Could Have A Private Party At Burt's Place! 2010/09/23 01:32:58 (permalink)
It's very early Thursday morning; just four days away from the big event, so I reckon it's time for the particulars.

What: A Private Pizza Party For The Contingent
Where: Burt's Place, 8541 N. Ferris, Morton Grove, IL
           (847) 965-7997
When: Sunday, September 26th, 2010; Noon-3:00pm
Directions:
     From the North:
        Route #1 (paying the tolls)
Take I-94 south from Milwaukee.  Stay on I-94 spur at 94/294 split.  Continue on I-94 to the Dempster Street exit, west.  Take Dempster to Ferris (five stoplights) and make a left, heading south to address, about 1 3/4 blocks.

Route #2 (no tolls, but a bit slower than the tollway)
Take I-94 south from Milwaukee.  Get off at Hwy 41 exit, on left.  Take Hwy, 41 south to where it re-connects with I-94 and continue to the Dempster Street exit, west.  Take Dempster to Ferris (five stoplights) and make a left, heading south to address, about 1 3/4 blocks.

From the south:
Take I-94 north, through the city and get off at the Dempster Street exit, west.  Take Dempster to Ferris (five stoplights) and make a left, heading south to address, about 1 3/4 blocks.

Note: As you approach Burt's you will be in an all residential area.  Do Not Be Alarmed!  We're the only business in the area, surrounded by houses.  Also, they're doing construction on Dempster Street so there may some delays.  In addition, they're doing construction on Ferris, eliminating some of the parking.  In spite of the no parking signs, you can park in front of Burt's and up the street.  There will be no one working on the road on a Sunday afternoon and the local police know our customers park there.

I think I've covered everything.  If not, feel free to point out my error and I'll correct it.

Buddy
post edited by BuddyRoadhouse - 2010/09/23 01:34:36
X1
Double Cheeseburger
Re:The Contingent Could Have A Private Party At Burt's Place! 2010/09/23 07:33:51 (permalink)
Buddy -
According to reviews I've read, you must show up at least 15 minutes early to Burt's. Is that the rule for this outing, too? What happens if people walk in at 12.30?

BuddyRoadhouse
Filet Mignon
Re:The Contingent Could Have A Private Party At Burt's Place! 2010/09/23 13:16:33 (permalink)
I'm going to schedule the pizzas to show up at around 12:30-12:45pm so we have time to get settled, get drinks distributed, socialize, etc.  That will also give time to those who want salads, apps, etc. to do that.  However, based on the number of pizzas/varieties we have to try, IMHO, any pre-pizza chow would be a waste of valuable belly space.

Buddy
Braumeister
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 9
Re:The Contingent Could Have A Private Party At Burt's Place! 2010/09/23 16:32:07 (permalink)
Buddy -
Just realized we have not made our preferences known; they are very basic: pepperoni, sausage, onion, mushroom. Actually I just noticed our preferences are exactly in line with Milwaukee Foodlover's.
post edited by Braumeister - 2010/09/23 16:34:29
BuddyRoadhouse
Filet Mignon
Re:The Contingent Could Have A Private Party At Burt's Place! 2010/09/23 16:55:39 (permalink)
Braumeister,
Have you looked at the existing list of pizzas (#1-8) and determined whether or not there is something there you can work with.  If there's nothing there for you, I'll make some kind of adjustment.

EDIT: Braumeister, I've changed half of pizza #7 to meet your needs.  I'm also hoping that, in the spirit of adventure, you'll want to try some of the other varieties as well.

Buddy
post edited by BuddyRoadhouse - 2010/09/24 01:30:00
BuddyRoadhouse
Filet Mignon
Re:The Contingent Could Have A Private Party At Burt's Place! 2010/09/25 03:41:25 (permalink)
Okay folks, this is it; last call for additions or changes to the menu.  Take one last look at the selection and make sure there at least two combinations in pizzas #1-8 that you'd like to dig into.

If I don't hear any different from anyone by 1:00pm on Saturday, this is the order that will be placed with Burt and these are the pizzas you'll be chowing down on Sunday afternoon.

Pizza #1:
Double Cheese on the whole pizza
1/2 Pepperoni
      Onion

Pizza #2:
Double Sausage on the whole pizza
1/2 Mixed Bell Peppers
      Black Olive
      Banana Pepper (not quite as hot as the jalapeno)

Pizza #3:
Pepperoni on the whole pizza
1/2 Mushroom

Pizza #4:
Mushroom on the whole pizza
1/2 Garlic
1/2 Onion
      Banana Pepper

Pizza #5:
Spinach
Tomato
Mushroom
Garlic
Light Onion
Light Tomato Sauce 

Pizza #6:
Pepperoni
Mushroom
Garlic

Pizza #7:
Sausage
Pepperoni
Mushroom
1/2 Black Olive
1/2 Onion

Pizza #8 (irisarbor Pizza, XX-L):
Double Cheese
Sausage
Mixed Bell Peppers
(Light  Tomato Sauce)

MilwFoodlovers Pizza:
Sausage
Pepperoni
Mushroom
Onion

HelloDriver Pizza (To Go):
Sausage
Mushroom
Black Olive

Also, if you know in advance that you'll want a pizza to take home you can let me know that now and I will place that order along with the main order.

See you all on Sunday at noon!

Buddy
X1
Double Cheeseburger
Re:The Contingent Could Have A Private Party At Burt's Place! 2010/09/25 08:11:59 (permalink)
They all sound good!
abe_froeman
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 707
Re:The Contingent Could Have A Private Party At Burt's Place! 2010/09/25 13:11:45 (permalink)
I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but how many pieces will the pizzas have?  I know 8 is the standard, but maybe he could cut them into smaller slices so we can try a wider variety of pizzas?
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 7
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1