The Contingent Could Have A Private Party At Burt's Place!

Page: 12345.. > >> Showing page 1 of 7
Author
BuddyRoadhouse
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4275
2010/09/13 02:53:22 (permalink)

The Contingent Could Have A Private Party At Burt's Place!

While we were all together at JRPfeff's Brat Fest I mentioned the possibility of arranging a get together at Burt's sometime later in September.  I spoke to Burt and worked out the details for Sunday, September 26th.  This is an opportunity for anyone in the Chicago/Milwaukee metroplex (or anyone who is passing through town for that matter) to join The Contingent and experience Burt's Pizza all at the same time.

So, here's the deal, depending on the number of people who are interested we can either do a private party earlier in the day, or it could be a later meeting for a smaller crowd.  If we have 25 or more folks who want to join in, we could have the place all to ourselves from noon to 3:00pm.  Fewer than that and we would need to do it during regular business hours; starting at 4:30pm.

You can let me know if you're interested in joining us through this thread.  You can then send me a PM telling me what kind of ingredients you'd like on your pizza.  All the pizza will be pre-ordered.  There are no preset combinations or "specials"; you order the ingredients you like and each pizza is made to order.  You can see a list of ingredients by visiting http://www.urbanspoon.com...rts-Place-Morton-Grove and clicking on the thumbnail menus.  Let me know what you like and I will put together the order to please as many people as possible.

I'm not yet sure how we'll handle the check.  If Burt would do a per head charge with unlimited pizza, salad, garlic bread, and soft drinks (beer and wine extra), or if we would just pay menu prices.  We can work that out as we get closer to the event.

Meanwhile, I need to get a head count of interested parties.  The absolute max is 35 people, so let me know ASAP if you want to attend.  Oh yeah, I'll be your waiter.  That right there should worth the price of admission!

Lemme hear from you Contingent members and Contingent wannabes!

Buddy

191 Replies Related Threads

X1
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 943
    Re:The Contingent Could Have A Private Party At Burt's Place! 2010/09/13 06:51:04 (permalink)
    Buddy, that sounds awesome. As far as I know right now, I'm in.
    I think the earlier time would be better, as some people don't like to go out too late on "school nights".
    Even if we stayed from noon til 3, the MKE Contingent would easily be home before 5.

MilwFoodlovers
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3160
    Re:The Contingent Could Have A Private Party At Burt's Place! 2010/09/13 07:02:13 (permalink)
    Beaudreax, we're in. Early or late doesn't make too much of a difference. Gyp offered to drive, so timing will be up to him. I'm completely unsure of which size works best and whether to order any side at all. Unlike you, we both love pepperoni and usually have cheese, mushrooms, onions, Italian sausage and pepperoni. That said, other than stinky fish (ok for salads though), we're open to any other ingredients. I'd hate to leave Burt's and have someone say, "Oh, you didn't do the ....... pizza? Everyone should try that."
    What size pizza would you suggest for 2 mediumly hungry diners and is there a side we we shouldn't miss? Merci beaucoup.
    Gyp
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 157
    Re:The Contingent Could Have A Private Party At Burt's Place! 2010/09/13 07:18:40 (permalink)
    I'm in. And yeah, I can take the Foodlovers and one other person. The time doesn't matter to me.
    ChiTownDiner
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2997
    Re:The Contingent Could Have A Private Party At Burt's Place! 2010/09/13 07:52:53 (permalink)
    My wife and I are in if it is 4pm or later.  We return from St. Louis at 3pm that afternoon.  Please schedule based on everyone's schedule, not mine. 
    ScreamingChicken
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5148
    Re:The Contingent Could Have A Private Party At Burt's Place! 2010/09/13 08:58:10 (permalink)
    I don't think we'll be able to make it as we'll be in Milwaukee until about 4pm and very possibly later.  Ironically, we've already planned on stopping for pizza on the way home...

Brad
    MilwFoodlovers
    Filet Mignon
    Re:The Contingent Could Have A Private Party At Burt's Place! 2010/09/13 09:51:58 (permalink)
    Brad, for a very unique experience, I'd suggest the thin crusted pizza at Maria's.
    The only beer you can get there however is root beer.
    It's a place you'll  certainly describe to your friends though.
    MilwFoodlovers
    Filet Mignon
    Re:The Contingent Could Have A Private Party At Burt's Place! 2010/09/13 09:52:00 (permalink)
    Brad, for a very unique experience, I'd suggest the thin crusted pizza at Maria's.
    The only beer you can get there however is root beer.
    It's a place you'll  certainly describe to your friends though.
    HelloDriver
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 17
    Re:The Contingent Could Have A Private Party At Burt's Place! 2010/09/13 10:38:01 (permalink)
    I am in!  I'm also sure we can add +1 as well!

Erick
    MilwFoodlovers
    Filet Mignon
    Re:The Contingent Could Have A Private Party At Burt's Place! 2010/09/13 11:17:51 (permalink)
    HelloDriver

I am in!  I'm also sure we can add +1 as well!

Erick

Whoopee!
    stricken_detective
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2330
    Re:The Contingent Could Have A Private Party At Burt's Place! 2010/09/13 13:54:23 (permalink)
    Gyp

I'm in. And yeah, I can take the Foodlovers and one other person. The time doesn't matter to me.

Can I be your other passenger, please? Time doesn't matter to me, either.
    quijote
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 649
    Re:The Contingent Could Have A Private Party At Burt's Place! 2010/09/13 13:57:57 (permalink)
    Add in another 2 people--Quijote and Quijote's Other Half. We can do the earlier time or the later time, though I would have to leave the pizzeria by around 8:00 or so.
    Tastytoo
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 271
    Re:The Contingent Could Have A Private Party At Burt's Place! 2010/09/13 14:00:44 (permalink)
    I think we are free that day and it is less than 30 mins away! But I don't think they are wheelchair accessible.
    BuddyRoadhouse
    Filet Mignon
    Re:The Contingent Could Have A Private Party At Burt's Place! 2010/09/13 14:49:10 (permalink)
    MFL:
    Size doesn't matter (tee-hee).  I will place an order based on feedback I get from everyone regarding ingredients.  There may be more than two people who want a certain combination, so I would get pies large enough to take care of that amount.  I may even order a couple of my favorite combos even if they aren't requested.  Be sure to use the link to UrbanSpoon to see all available ingredients, it might trigger some bright ideas.  I guess the most important thing is to tell me which ingredients you absolutely can't stand and I will avoid those.  BTW, no anchovies on the menu, so no worries in that regard.

Side dishes at Burt's are limited to salads, garlic bread and a handful of standard apps, none of which (the apps, I mean) are "can't miss".  The salad is made with fresh romaine and the garlic bread is made with real garlic on a torpedo style deli roll.  Of all mentioned, in my opinion, the garlic bread is the standout.
    CTD:
    Time will be determined by the number of people wanting to attend.  25 people or more will need to be noon to 3pm.  Less than 25 and Burt won't do a private party, in which case it will be a 4:30pm start.

Tasytoo:
    There is just a small step from street level through the front door.  However, it is a narrow(ish) doorway with a sharp 90 degree turn to get through the inner door.  Once you get through the doors there is another narrow(ish) passage before getting into the dining room.  If that is manageable for you, then we should be able to accomodate your entry.  If memory serves, we have had wheelchair users at Burt's in the past, but I couldn't absolutely swear to that.

Keep the questions coming folks, I want to make sure this is is a successful gathering for all; everyone leaving with a smile on their face.  Also, if you see anyone missing from the potential attendees, let's do a "PM tree" to make sure all are aware of this event.  This is open to anyone, not just current members of The Contingent.

Thanks to all.  See you soon!

Buddy
    post edited by BuddyRoadhouse - 2010/09/13 18:28:39
    ScreamingChicken
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5148
    Re:The Contingent Could Have A Private Party At Burt's Place! 2010/09/13 15:31:01 (permalink)
    quijote

Add in another 2 people--Quijote and Quijote's Other Half.

So do the 2 of you combine to make 1 normal-sized person?

Brad
    BuddyRoadhouse
    Filet Mignon
    Re:The Contingent Could Have A Private Party At Burt's Place! 2010/09/13 15:55:11 (permalink)
    If my count is right, we've got 15 people confirmed as of right now with a potential for four more:

MilwFoodlovers-2
    Gyp-1
    X1-1
    stricken_detective-1
    Mrs. Roadhouse (I'll be working the event)-1
    quijote-2
    HelloDriver-2
    abe_froeman and Mr. Maki-2(+)
    ChuckL50-1
    Braumeister-2

Possibles:
    ChiTownDiner-2(?) If we have late start
    Tasytoo-2(?) If she feels that Burt's is wheelchair accessible

This current count would mean a 4:30pm start.

Let's hear from you folks, who wants in?  Spouses, significant others, and offspring are welcome too.

Buddy
    post edited by BuddyRoadhouse - 2010/09/13 22:11:11
    abe_froeman
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 707
    Re:The Contingent Could Have A Private Party At Burt's Place! 2010/09/13 16:29:15 (permalink)
    Mr. Maki and I are definitely in.  If we end up going for the earlier time slot and we need help meeting the minimum head count, we can probably rustle up some people.  

Mr. Maki prefers meat only pizza, whereas I like meat (at Burt's, I prefer sausage) AND vegetables, such as mushrooms, onions, bell pepper, tomato, fresh garlic, black olives....mushroom and onion at minimum though.  Not a fan of spinach or hot peppers.
    X1
    Double Cheeseburger
    Re:The Contingent Could Have A Private Party At Burt's Place! 2010/09/13 17:07:28 (permalink)
    I love Pepperoni, fresh garlic and mushrooms
    I like sausage, Jalapeno peppers, bell peppers, black olives, extra cheese, banana peppers
    I don't particularly care for onions, but I am perfectly capable of pulling them off, so onions on a pizza won't bother me. Really, I can work around anything. I, too, do not like fishies, but since they're not an option, that doesn't matter.
    I can't eat the garlic bread, but for a small taste. I would eat a salad or an antipasto salad.

joerogo
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4544
    Re:The Contingent Could Have A Private Party At Burt's Place! 2010/09/13 17:14:08 (permalink)
    You guys/gals are the best What a great and unique get together.  I wish my schedule would open up
    X1
    Double Cheeseburger
    Re:The Contingent Could Have A Private Party At Burt's Place! 2010/09/13 17:15:40 (permalink)
    MAKE IT HAPPEN, JOE!

quijote
    Double Cheeseburger
    Re:The Contingent Could Have A Private Party At Burt's Place! 2010/09/13 17:31:56 (permalink)
    Brad_Olson

quijote

Add in another 2 people--Quijote and Quijote's Other Half.

So do the 2 of you combine to make 1 normal-sized person?

Brad

Normal-sized, yes, but not normal in any other way.
    abe_froeman
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 707
    Re:The Contingent Could Have A Private Party At Burt's Place! 2010/09/13 17:41:43 (permalink)
    Heads-up to the anchovy () lovers- Burt doesn't offer them as a topping, but if you bring your own, he will put them on.  You'd probably have to get them to Buddy or Burt before the gathering, though.
    quijote
    Double Cheeseburger
    Re:The Contingent Could Have A Private Party At Burt's Place! 2010/09/13 17:42:11 (permalink)
    John and I like cheese, sausage, mushrooms, onions, and bell pepper on this kind of pizza. If we can have jalapenos on the side, that would be nice, too. We're definitely in the pro-fishie camp, but will gladly do without them this time around!

We generally don't like to fill up on apps and sides when a pizza is involved, so no salad, bread, etc. for us is necessary. But if Burt wants to do a dinner combo special (salad, bread, pizza, etc.), we'll be fine with it.

BuddyRoadhouse
    Filet Mignon
    Re:The Contingent Could Have A Private Party At Burt's Place! 2010/09/13 18:23:24 (permalink)
    q and others,
    The "package option is only worthwhile if everyone (or at least an overwhelming majority) wants to take advantage of everything Burt has to offer.  Otherwise we would be better off ordering off the menu.

As for ingredients not listed on the menu, yes, abe_froeman is correct, Burt will make a pie with ingredients you bring in.  However, as abe also points out, you would need to get those ingredients into my hands before the day of the event.

Buddy
    ChuckL50
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 69
    Re:The Contingent Could Have A Private Party At Burt's Place! 2010/09/13 19:20:25 (permalink)
    I am most positively in!
    I'm happy with any/all of the standard pizza ingredients.
    MilwFoodlovers
    Filet Mignon
    Re:The Contingent Could Have A Private Party At Burt's Place! 2010/09/13 19:21:03 (permalink)
    BuddyRoadhouse

As for ingredients not listed on the menu, yes, abe_froeman is correct, Burt will make a pie with ingredients you bring in.  However, as abe also points out, you would need to get those ingredients into my hands before the day of the event.

Buddy
    You mean I finally could taste Provel "cheese"?

Braumeister
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 9
    Re:The Contingent Could Have A Private Party At Burt's Place! 2010/09/13 21:04:26 (permalink)
    The Braumeister & Anita are in. Thanks for the invite.
    X1
    Double Cheeseburger
    Re:The Contingent Could Have A Private Party At Burt's Place! 2010/09/13 21:05:16 (permalink)
    Woohoo! Gettin' closer to Private Party status!
    quijote
    Double Cheeseburger
    Re:The Contingent Could Have A Private Party At Burt's Place! 2010/09/13 21:15:43 (permalink)
    BuddyRoadhouse

q and others,
    The "package option is only worthwhile if everyone (or at least an overwhelming majority) wants to take advantage of everything Burt has to offer.  Otherwise we would be better off ordering off the menu.

Buddy

John and I will gladly go with the majority on this one, so we're fine one way or the other.
    quijote
    Double Cheeseburger
    Re:The Contingent Could Have A Private Party At Burt's Place! 2010/09/13 21:18:18 (permalink)
    Braumeister

The Braumeister & Anita are in. Thanks for the invite.

Wouldn't that make Anita the Braumistress, Braufrau, or Braumaedchen?

Page: 12345.. > >> Showing page 1 of 7
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1