The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

The Contingent's Late Winter/Early Spring 2010 Outing- Tell Your Friends!

Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 61 to 65 of 65
abe_froeman

• Total Posts: 695
Re:The Contingent's Late Winter/Early Spring 2010 Outing- Tell Your Friends! Tue, 02/2/10 2:57 PM (permalink)
BuddyRoadhouse

P.S. BTW, I am planning a Chicago tour that will take place in the warmer months ahead.  This IS NOT the thread officially announcing that tour or where we will make our plans for same.  As we approach that time, and when I am darn good and ready, I will start a new thread to keep everyone in the loop and included in the proceedings.  Until then, if anyone else wants to use this thread to plan another, earlier tour, please feel free to do so.

Sooooo, are we still thinking of something for later this month or in March?

cjucoder

• Total Posts: 164
    Re:The Contingent's Late Winter/Early Spring 2010 Outing- Tell Your Friends! Tue, 02/2/10 5:22 PM (permalink)
    BuddyRoadhouse

Plus, I'm adding more names to my contact list (including yours' Gus, cjucoder, and Big Ugly Mich) for more PMs whenever we plan an event.

Thanks Buddy! I appreciate that.  Actually ChuckL sent me a direct message via twitter (which I frequent, same user name of "cjucoder" if you want to follow me) and I didn't notice that in time either.  So this was totally my fault.  -- as if it is anybody's job to inform me of outings hee hee.

<message edited by cjucoder on Tue, 02/2/10 5:24 PM>

chicagostyledog

• Total Posts: 3219
      Re:The Contingent's Late Winter/Early Spring 2010 Outing- Tell Your Friends! Thu, 02/4/10 10:38 AM (permalink)
      No one has mentioned the new French Market in Chicago. The market has many vendors and places to enjoy breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Closed on Sundays. Open Saturday 8:30am-6:00pm. http://www.frenchmarketchicago.com

CSD

quijote

• Total Posts: 643
        Re:The Contingent's Late Winter/Early Spring 2010 Outing- Tell Your Friends! Thu, 02/4/10 10:45 AM (permalink)
        Thanks for posting that, CSD. I love places like that, and it seems to be right by the Train Station. And there's a patisserie inside, which is always a good thing. I'll be sure to stop in on one of my downtown visits soon.

irisarbor

• Total Posts: 603
          Re:The Contingent's Late Winter/Early Spring 2010 Outing- Tell Your Friends! Thu, 02/4/10 2:43 PM (permalink)
          Delightful Pastries is in the French Market and is owned by a wonderful lady who I know from another Chicago food group that Buddy and I sometimes frequent, LTHForum.com 
          She posts under the name cookiemonster, and is an amazing baker.
          Around Mardi Gras she often has a Paczki making class in her bakery (for LTH'ers and others), and it's tons of fun, not mention very good eats!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
            Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 61 to 65 of 65

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
            • No New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
            • Locked w/ New Messages
            • Locked w/o New Messages
            • Read Message
            • Post New Thread
            • Reply to message
            • Post New Poll
            • Submit Vote
            • Post reward post
            • Delete my own posts
            • Delete my own threads
            • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
            What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com