The Counter Burger Review in Roadfood Digest

Author
MiamiDon
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4306
2009/01/10 08:10:31 (permalink)

The Counter Burger Review in Roadfood Digest

Take a look at this burger that Ayersian had assembled for him at The Counter:  

I don't know how one would eat that monster, but it sure looks good.  I remember reading the rave reviews from some Roadfoodies who visited the one that was in the Palm Beach area, if I recall correctly.

According to their web site, if I understand it correctly, they will be opening franchises in Westchester County (north of NYC), and Philadelphia.  Hear that Ellen4641?   Also, three in the Tampa Bay area.

http://www.thecounterburger.com/comingsoon/

post edited by MiamiDon - 2009/01/10 08:16:49

9 Replies Related Threads

ellen4641
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3531
    Re:The Counter Burger Review in Roadfood Digest 2009/01/10 10:12:46 (permalink)
    Hi Don,
    Yes, I hear that !! I had been reading that the Counter was supposed to come to Philly..

And I was that Roadfooder that put up a Counter burger report from the Palm Beach , FL area one...(it was in Royal Palm Beach , and has subsequently CLOSED )  Word had it that the rent was real high in that new outdoor strip mall... (it contains a  Costco, Shane's Rib Shack, etc)

Besides that Florida location, I proceeded to visit the original Santa Monica location in October, during my L.A. visit...
    I'm way behind on THOSE Trip Reports.... (I still need to start my "Day 4" of my 8 days in L.A. !!)

I liked that Santa Monica Counter burger, but not as much as the Palm Beach area one I had.........may have been mesmerized by my "first time", and by the Florida company of Roadfooder , Bluemaxx...
    mar52
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7840
    Re:The Counter Burger Review in Roadfood Digest 2009/01/10 10:20:31 (permalink)
    The Marina del Rey Counter just opened and another in the new El Segundo mall.

I'm basically across the street from the MDR location and haven't had the urge..... yet.

Loved the burger at the SM location but the noise factor was a tremendous deterant for me.  I like to hear my burger.

ellen4641
    Filet Mignon
    Re:The Counter Burger Review in Roadfood Digest 2009/01/10 12:21:15 (permalink)
    mar52

The Marina del Rey Counter just opened and another in the new El Segundo mall.

I kept passing that one in El Segundo in October during my great L.A. stay.
    It was just about to open in that real nice outdoor strip mall, or  P.C. "lifestyle center", as they called them nowadays...

ayersian
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 900
    Re:The Counter Burger Review in Roadfood Digest 2009/01/10 13:30:07 (permalink)
    MiamiDon, thanks for the plug!  That burger was big but not impossible to eat -- very messy, though.  I didn't mention it, but I really liked the shredded pepperocinis on it, even better than the roasted green chiles.

My new friend at TastyNewEngland.com wrote this excellent review.  These are all the comments that were going through my head when I was there.  It really is like a science experiment, trying to figure out what topping complements another, and which ones would not work together.  It was challenging, but to be honest Amy & I had poured over the menu online before we got there -- so we knew what to order right away.  I was impressed that the burger was perfectly pink all the way through.

Let's not forget Mar52's astute comment: the stores are loud, that's for sure.  But we went during the lunch rush, so maybe it would be less hectic in the afternoon?  I'd go back, for sure...the onion strings were worth every penny!    Chris
    TnTinCT
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 476
    Re:The Counter Burger Review in Roadfood Digest 2009/01/18 10:43:03 (permalink)
    We've been to the Counter a couple of times now, and very enjoyable!! My one issue - we sat actuall at the "counter" once - the chairs are metal, and I think my legs are too short, so I spent the entire meal slight slouched as I continued to slide off the seat! No more counter sitting.  The burgers are cooked the way you want them (none of this "all well-done" crap), and I love the fact that you can build your own.  Next time I'm trying the sweet potato fries.
    Baah Ben
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3026
    Re:The Counter Burger Review in Roadfood Digest 2009/01/18 11:54:02 (permalink)
    Looks terrific!  Thanks for posting the review.  This place looks like they really care. 
    mar52
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7840
    Re:The Counter Burger Review in Roadfood Digest 2009/01/18 12:00:03 (permalink)
    Spoke with someone who ate in the Marina del Rey location a couple of days ago.

I asked if it was noisy and I was happy to hear that it wasn't.

I must cross the street!
    Bluemaxx
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 465
    Re:The Counter Burger Review in Roadfood Digest 2009/01/21 19:52:56 (permalink)
    Man, do I miss The Counter! Hopefully they will re-open in the area again someday!?
    ellen4641
    Filet Mignon
    Re:The Counter Burger Review in Roadfood Digest 2009/01/21 20:46:59 (permalink)
    AYERSIAN: Thanks for turning us on to tastynewengland.com...
    and tell your friend "real good review"!!!

BLUEMAXX : I'll keep my fingers crossed for you regarding a Counter burger returning to Florida one day ...
    Now that their only Florida location closed, our "burger meat up" takes on even more significance!

I wish someone would open a Counter burger in my AC area!
    There's supposed to be one opening in Philly soon, anyway..
    (although when I go into Philly, I like eating all kinds of stuff, like cheesesteaks, pastrami, soft pretzels,  not only burgers..)
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1