The Daily Dose Grill- Old Town Scottsdale AZ

Author
Foodbme
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10332
2010/07/31 17:05:15 (permalink)

The Daily Dose Grill- Old Town Scottsdale AZ

The Daily Dose Grill is a locally owned full service restaurant serving breakfast, lunch, dinner & happy hour daily. Opened in October of 2009. The Bride & I went there this AM for Breakfast and it was terrific. I had a Bacon, (3 Egg) Omelet that included Peppered Bacon, Diced Tomato, Oaxaca Cheese, and topped with fresh Avocado Spread. Comes with thick sliced Artesian Baked Sourdough bread that was delicious and Rosemary Creme Fraiche. Side options with all Omelets are Herb Potato, Fruit Cup, Cottage Cheese or the house special, DD Hash. I had the DD Hash. Not your run of the mill hash mind you, but a hash made from cubes of Squash, Zucchini, Onions and Mushrooms! Delicious! It's cooked like you would cook Home Fries and when it's served that's what it looks like. I thought it was Home Fries when I saw it and thought they made a mistake but the nice, friendly and cute Waitress politely corrected me. 
They have a large offering of Speciality items as well such as Pigs in a Bagel, Southwest Flannel Hash seasoned with Japs, tomatillas & red onion and Rosemary Prime Rib with Horseradish Sauce & Eggs to name a few.
My Bride went the Belgian Waffle route with a Strawberry Creme Brule made with fresh strawberries, Vanilla Bean Creme Brule & Whipped Cream. The Waffle was a large, thick one and all the toppings were freshly made.  
Other offerings included Mixed Berry Protein Pancakes that includes Honey Whole Wheat batter stuffed with banana, strawberry, blackberry, raspberry, blueberry, toasted almonds & high protein flax granola! And other neat stuff like Banana Bread French Toast.

Lunch & Dinner also consist of many other unique offerings like Blackened Portabello Caesar Wraps and Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas.

Definitely worth many other return trips to work my way through the Menu! The place is a 10!

http://www.dailydosegrill.com/

8 Replies Related Threads

JRPfeff
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2726
    Re:The Daily Dose Grill- Old Town Scottsdale AZ 2010/07/31 20:38:47 (permalink)
    You went without me. 
    Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    Re:The Daily Dose Grill- Old Town Scottsdale AZ 2010/07/31 23:03:26 (permalink)
    JRPfeff

You went without me. 

I can't keep track of you!
    One day you're here, the next day you're munching on Brats in Dairyland!
    Where you be at?

If you're back in The Valley, I have a hole-in-the-wall  Burger joint for you to try.
    http://www.originalwineburger.com/
    JRPfeff
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2726
    Re:The Daily Dose Grill- Old Town Scottsdale AZ 2010/08/01 00:18:15 (permalink)
    I can't keep track of me either.  I worked this morning and looked for a car this afternoon.  I passed within a mile of Wineburger coming home.
    boyardee65
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1460
    Re:The Daily Dose Grill- Old Town Scottsdale AZ 2010/08/01 03:07:45 (permalink)
    Foodbme

JRPfeff

You went without me. 

Where you be at?

If you're back in The Valley, I have a hole-in-the-wall  Burger joint for you to try.

Seems that the re-opening of the Wineburger thread has you thinking about Harvy's on 19th. I haven't been there for quite a long time. Probably about 10 years ago. Glad to know that it is still going strong. It's certainly not in the garden spot of the city.

The review of The Daily Dose is a timely one as I will be planning a trip to the Valley in the fall or winter. (mentioned on another thread) How pricy is the menu? I know that Old Town can prices get rather steep. The food descriptions make it sound like my kind of place. Are they kid friendly? I have a 9 y.o. and a 4 y.o.

David O.
    post edited by boyardee65 - 2010/08/01 03:13:19
    Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    Re:The Daily Dose Grill- Old Town Scottsdale AZ 2010/08/01 03:37:14 (permalink)
    boyardee65

Foodbme

JRPfeff

You went without me. 

Where you be at?

Seems that the re-opening of the Wineburger thread has you thinking about Harvy's on 19th. I haven't been there for quite a long time. Probably about 10 years ago. Glad to know that it is still going strong. It's certainly not in the garden spot of the city.

The review of The Daily Dose is a timely one as I will be planning a trip to the Valley in the fall or winter. (mentioned on another thread) How pricy is the menu? I know that Old Town can prices get rather steep. The food descriptions make it sound like my kind of place. Are they kid friendly? I have a 9 y.o. and a 4 y.o.

David O.

If you scroll back up to my first post and click on their website and click on menus it will give you all the prices. There were families in there today with small children. No room to run around though. It's a compact place. They do have a patio.

To reclarify again, Harveys Wineburger and the Original Wineburger are two different places with 2 different owners. See my original post.
    boyardee65
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1460
    Re:The Daily Dose Grill- Old Town Scottsdale AZ 2010/08/01 14:54:42 (permalink)
    Foodbme

boyardee65

Foodbme

JRPfeff

You went without me. 

Where you be at?

David O.

If you scroll back up to my first post and click on their website and click on menus it will give you all the prices. There were families in there today with small children. No room to run around though. It's a compact place. They do have a patio.

To reclarify again, Harveys Wineburger and the Original Wineburger are two different places with 2 different owners. See my original post.

Thanks for the clarification FBM.

David O.
    kaszeta
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 681
    Re:The Daily Dose Grill- Old Town Scottsdale AZ 2010/08/01 20:30:36 (permalink)
    Thanks for the review, this place has been on my "should check that out next time I'm in Scottsdale for breakfast" list.  It at least looked like a decent breakfast joint.

(Unfortunately, I'm not usually in Scottsdale around breakfast...)
    Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    Re:The Daily Dose Grill- Old Town Scottsdale AZ 2010/08/01 21:03:53 (permalink)
    kaszeta

Thanks for the review, this place has been on my "should check that out next time I'm in Scottsdale for breakfast" list.  It at least looked like a decent breakfast joint.

(Unfortunately, I'm not usually in Scottsdale around breakfast...)

They serve lunch & dinner too and have a nice cozy bar and specials for Happy hour. Click on the website above to see the menus 
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1