The Dillard House-worth the trip!

Author
familydok
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 231
2003/07/16 09:27:41 (permalink)

The Dillard House-worth the trip!

This is a wonderful place-scenery is tops-rich farmland-near Helen, Ga. The website tells about the family stye meals and lodging-www.dillardhouse.com. It is well worth the hour drive from Asheville, NC or 2 hr. from Atlanta. We had breakfast there yesterday and can't wait to go back and stay so we can try lunch or dinner. They grow and cure most of their food served so it varies by season. It is also reviewed in Eat Your Way Across the USA. [:D

5 Replies Related Threads

BarbaraCt
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 333
    RE: The Dillard House-worth the trip! 2003/07/16 09:33:37 (permalink)
    This is my first posting, and The Dillard House is a great way to start. We had lunch there last summer. The fried chicken is excellent, and they keep bringing it when you keep eating it. My husband likes country ham, and they kept piling it on. We sat at a table for 4, and it was covered in dishes. The view is fantastic. This restaurant is worth going out of your way for, and you probably will have to.
    BarbaraCt
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 333
    RE: The Dillard House-worth the trip! 2003/07/16 10:17:43 (permalink)
    Oops! I was thinking of the Smith House. The Dillard House has huge communal tables. Both are good.
    Oneiron339
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2075
    RE: The Dillard House-worth the trip! 2003/07/16 11:07:42 (permalink)
    Either place is great, even if you just ate the corn or biscuits and the sweet tea.
    rhpenland
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 73
    RE: The Dillard House-worth the trip! 2003/07/16 22:59:32 (permalink)
    Living in Georgia I have had the pleasure of going to both many times(probably too many for my waistline). I really cant say enough good things about the Dillard House. The lunch and dinner are fantastic, but breakfasts are not to be forgotten either. Breakfast at the Dillard House is something you better come hungry for - eggs, grits, hashbrown potatoes, country ham, bacon, sausage, biscuits - you name it its on the menu. I have been known to practically starve myself the night before to make sure I am ready to eat mass quantities in the morning. Something else many people may not know about the dillard house - its also a hotel. I have stayed there many times and the rooms are great. If any roadfooders are traveling through North(east) Georgia, be sure to check out one of these places - you cant go wrong with either.

Rob
    rhpenland
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 73
    RE: The Dillard House-worth the trip! 2003/07/16 23:03:59 (permalink)
    Just noticed the link above goes to a kind of strange website (some picture of an angel that turns colors?). I think the problem is that the "." is added to the link. Just go for www.dillardhouse.com and you'll go to the right place.

Rob
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1