The Ely Steakhouse (MN)

Author
Rhombus
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 6
2009/11/20 19:40:24 (permalink)

The Ely Steakhouse (MN)

Great burgers are found throughout this wonderful country of ours, and here's another one.

The Ely Steakhouse in Ely, MN, is one of my favorite restaurants in the state.  Situated on top of the hill in downtown Ely, it's easy to find.  It has that northern MN rustic feel to it, people are laid back and friendly.  The restaurant has two sides: a bar for the casual diner, and the dining room for more privacy.  But who cares about that?

The Burger is what I'm talking about. Good cuts of beef ground on site, made to order.  I always go for the 1/2 lb, medium burger with grilled onions, pepper jack cheese and bacon.  A classic burger, but one that's hard to beat.  It comes with fries (I like to upgrade to steak fries) and good homemade coleslaw.  There is a full bar, so pick your beer of choice.  More often than not, I'll get the Dorothy Molter Rootbeer, made in Ely, with all proceeds going to the museum.

The steaks are also great (I should hope so, at a steakhouse).

Burgers for 2 run 25 bucks with drinks.  Well worth it.

The added bonus of the place, are the pool tables.  No charge to play, so long as you plan on hangin out and ordering.  You just can't beat it.

2 Replies Related Threads

chicagostyledog
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3314
    Re:The Ely Steakhouse (MN) 2009/12/02 00:05:53 (permalink)
    We ate at the Chocolate Moose on our last visit to Ely. Our three favorite stops in Duluth are: The Electric Fetus, Bulldog Pizza, and The Duluth Pack Store on Canal. Isn't it a pain to drive a stick shift car uphill after it's snow storm in downtown Duluth and get caught at a red light? The bridge from Duluth to Superior can be a real treat in the winter too.

CSD
    EatingTheRoad
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1205
    Re:The Ely Steakhouse (MN) 2009/12/02 08:32:29 (permalink)
    Rhombus, you're just a trove of good eats in MN! Welcome to the board. Thanks for the great suggestions.

Here is their website:
    http://www.elysteakhouse.com/

If you truly like them, you might want to help them out on Yelp. Their one review is not very pleasant:
    http://www.yelp.com/biz/ely-steak-house-ely
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1