Author
rumaki
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1014

3 Replies Related Threads

ScreamingChicken
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4978
    Re:The End of Barbecue as We Know It? - Washington Post 2012/11/07 12:25:52 (permalink)
    Regional styles will live on both in their homelands and abroad while more homogenized and "fusion" barbecue will show up more in parts of the country considered "barbecue deficient".

I'm glad I grew up without barbecue as the lack of prejudice has allowed me to like it all.  If 2 people want to fight about which is better I'm all for it because I'll steal both plates while they're duking it out.
    kevincad
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 405
    Re:The End of Barbecue as We Know It? - Washington Post 2012/11/07 13:12:00 (permalink)
    rumaki

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/food/barbecue-a-topic-to-chew-on/2012/11/05/d82168bc-2320-11e2-ac85-e669876c6a24_story.html?hpid=z8

Here in the south, regional variety is well and kicking, to the point of discussions, to arguments, to fights to down right feuds! But, as a competitor I agree that with that comes a "homogenization" of those regional varieties. I say this because you can cook your variety, but to people who have never lived in the south or have not studied bbq, there are only a few regional varieties but in reality, there are differences sometimes in just a matter of 50 miles. Go from Atlanta, the epicenter of the alleged Georgia style of bbq to Columbus GA and you are in different bbq land! Columbus's not as sweet, thinner sauce, then cross the bridge into AL and there is a hot, vinagery mustard sauce that is not anything like SC mustard sauce!
    BuddyRoadhouse
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4177
    Re:The End of Barbecue as We Know It? - Washington Post 2012/11/07 13:44:07 (permalink)
    ScreamingChicken Regional styles will live on both in their homelands and abroad while more homogenized and "fusion" barbecue will show up more in parts of the country considered "barbecue deficient".

I'm glad I grew up without barbecue as the lack of prejudice has allowed me to like it all.  If 2 people want to fight about which is better I'm all for it because I'll steal both plates while they're duking it out.
    Amen brudder!

Buddy
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1