The Italian Oven

Author
ZekeTheCat
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 129
2005/01/18 17:40:22 (permalink)

The Italian Oven

Seems like 6 or 7 years ago or so there was a mid west italian restaurant chain called The Italian Oven - Based out of PA. someplace if I remember correctly. They had really good pizza - true european italian style individual size pies cooked in wood fired ovens. There were two in the Indianapolis area and one in Dayton that I patronized - all closed abruptly - so I'm assuming backruptsy. Anybody else remember this pizza restaurant chain or knows what happen to them ?

2 Replies Related Threads

Billfish
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 397
    RE: The Italian Oven 2005/01/19 01:10:42 (permalink)
    Bankruptcy yes.Apparently they tried to expand a little too fast and got over-extended.There are a handful of their stores still around in Pennsylvania and Ohio (I think the original store is in Somerset PA)but they are operating independently at this time.
    We had one in our town,I went there a few times.I thought they were just overly cutesy and frou frou,with the waiters writing their names upside down on the paper on the table,drinks served in a Mason jar with a macaroni noodle for a straw (scratch that idea-noodle gets soggy and straw doesnt work).Pizza had the nice wood-oven crust but my main memory of it was it was bland.
    redtressed
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1017
    RE: The Italian Oven 2005/01/19 15:37:54 (permalink)
    Our Italian Oven in Morgantown, has been out of business for about 8 years now. It always had a full parking lot and was good to deliver to the ER despite not having a bona fide delivery service. It wasn't the best Italian place in town, but it was better than mediocre.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1