The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

The Jackson Hole Burger

njkim

• Total Posts: 142
The Jackson Hole Burger Tue, 12/6/05 12:19 PM (permalink)

Is anyone familiar with the Jackson Hole hamburger located in NY? They have the best hamburger that I have ever had. First, they are huge. Huge in height. I have been going there since I was a little girl *now 37. I haven't been there in eons, but anyone around there, check it out. And they also have the best pickles. But that is a whole different subject!! ;)

signman

• Total Posts: 1743
    RE: The Jackson Hole Burger Tue, 12/6/05 8:40 PM (permalink)
    I remember them as very very good, and very big. They were cooked on a griddle and the secret to them was covering the burgers as they cooked under a stainless ice cream saucer turned upside down to help steam the burgers. I also remember seeing something about them on TV within the past year or two, so they must still be around. I haven't had one in over 10 years.

johns72604

• Total Posts: 74
      RE: The Jackson Hole Burger Tue, 12/6/05 8:44 PM (permalink)
      Sadly I must disagree with the quality of their burgers. They are mighty large, but they always cook them well done no matter how they are ordered, and this does not fly for me. They also have a weird taste. Things must have changed in the years since your last visit.

Pigiron

• Total Posts: 1384
        • Roadfood Insider
        RE: The Jackson Hole Burger Tue, 12/6/05 9:14 PM (permalink)
        I ate at Jackson Hole a LOT when I was a struggling young professional in NY. I remember loving it. However, I ate there again recently, and MAN was that a BAD burger! Bigger is NOT always better! Overcooked, bland and dry.

Paul's, Corner Bistro and Burger Joint are my current favorites, while PRIME BURGER is my all-time favorite.

tacchino

• Total Posts: 560
          RE: The Jackson Hole Burger Tue, 12/6/05 11:05 PM (permalink)
          Sorry, I have to agree with the naysayers about this. I'll admit that I haven't had a burger in one of their establishments in about ten years, but I haven't really found it worthwhile to return, based on a number of not so pleasant experiences.

Granted, they (the burgers) are big, and a pretty good price, but I found them to be tasteless, and of a weird, mushy quality.

Actually, I used to always order them rare, and was usually pleasantly surprised to have them served precisely that way (not always the case in other places), but eating it rare just emphasized the lack of decent quality in the meat.

I found any one of a number of nearby bars served a better burger.

Ashphalt

• Total Posts: 1644
            RE: The Jackson Hole Burger Tue, 12/20/05 2:48 PM (permalink)
            It's been years, but their quality has always varied, at least from location to location. In the early 80s they had a greasy hole in the wall on the west side of Columbus in the 80s. Maybe 6 stools. Great burgers. At the same time another location on the East Side was only okay. When they moved across Columbus to a larger location with a sidewalk cafe the grill just never seemed to get hot enough. No crust to the burgers.

pmrkr2

• Total Posts: 319
              • Roadfood Insider
              RE: The Jackson Hole Burger Tue, 12/20/05 3:22 PM (permalink)
              i used to live around the corner from the one on columbus and 85th st.
              personally i'm not a big burger guy so for starters that's a strike against em. i would have to say they were inconsistent at best and not really that great. there food in general is kinda like bad bar fare. i would avoid them there are much better burgers all aroung town.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                • No New Messages
                • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                • Locked w/ New Messages
                • Locked w/o New Messages
                • Read Message
                • Post New Thread
                • Reply to message
                • Post New Poll
                • Submit Vote
                • Post reward post
                • Delete my own posts
                • Delete my own threads
                • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com