The "MOOSE" has multiplied

Author
Hillbilly
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 992
2007/05/11 17:16:12 (permalink)

The "MOOSE" has multiplied

I just learned that the people who operate the Moose cafe at the Asheville, NC farmers market have opened one at the Greensboro farmers market. I sure hope that the Greensboro location serves up the chow equal to the one in Asheville. Greensboro is just 70 miles from me while it is 130 miles to Asheville.

If no one else beats me to it, I will get down there and put together a review for you sometime in the next couple of weeks.

2 Replies Related Threads

Chiliman
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 197
    RE: The "MOOSE" has multiplied 2007/05/12 03:19:44 (permalink)
    I will be at the G-boro Farmers Market today for the CASI State Championship Chili Cook-off. I'll have to give it a run.
    Hillbilly
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 992
    RE: The "MOOSE" has multiplied 2007/06/17 08:05:23 (permalink)
    I finally made it down to the Moose in Greensboro last night. The service and the apple butter were great--but nothing else was.

Maybe it was just because we didn't get there until 8:00 and were the last people served for the week. The cold biscuits served with the signature apple butter forecast what was to come. We knew not to expect freshly cooked food when our fried chicken and 6 vegetables were brought to the table within 2 minutes after we placed our order.

The food was far below what we had expected based on our previous visits to the Moose in Asheville. The carrots, pinto beans and sweet potato were decent, but I have had better fried chicken from the travel food case beside the cash register at gas stations, the cold clump of macaroni and cheese was like glue and the inedible green beans and cabbage tasted canned. The cashier insisted that their vegetables were fresh rather than canned, but if these had been fresh in the morning they must have been warmed up many times during the course of the day since they were so terribly overcooked.

Incidentally, when the cashier asks the inevitable "how was everything", I tell them.

I will try this location the next time I'm passing by at breakfast time to see if they can screw that up too. This was a terrible disappointment made even worse by the fact that it would have been a shorter drive to go to Lexington # 1 for barbecue!
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1